Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:
    Now he’s gone (probably permanently eventually) I’m happier than I was originally to reveal that a week into joining us, Maddison contacted my daughter on a dating app and wanted to meet her etc, wisely & luckily (for him) she knocked him back, her words were, she thought he was “fit” 😳 but, he came across as a bit of a knob.
    I’m in no way suggesting that had any bearing on Bowyers decision to let him go, but I’m claiming it 😄
    Did the same to a friend of mine too, wasn't too impressed when he was already back on Insta messaging her after he was subbed off at Burton away before the game had even finished!
    Funny these stories haven't come out sooner, I totally believe them as another trusted poster has told me similar last night.
  • Options
    Swindon must bloody hate us
    Good. I haven't recovered from Nicky Bailey and his stupidity against Swindon at the Valley.  S stupid pass back with the game in the bag and the new satellite launch from the spot. And the bloody Magic Roundabout near the ground.
    All this plus getting totally soaked on their open terrace and getting a parking fine after some bastard told me it would be" ok to park there mate".Also the coldest I have ever been at a match one evening during the Lennie era.They owe us,plus they broke our 12 match winning streak,and we still gave them our jackpot money.
    When they ended our run, we were top, they were bottom, we had some money and they were broke, hence funding their youth team with the half-time Jackpot money. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    SamE7 said:
    DA9 said:
    Now he’s gone (probably permanently eventually) I’m happier than I was originally to reveal that a week into joining us, Maddison contacted my daughter on a dating app and wanted to meet her etc, wisely & luckily (for him) she knocked him back, her words were, she thought he was “fit” 😳 but, he came across as a bit of a knob.
    I’m in no way suggesting that had any bearing on Bowyers decision to let him go, but I’m claiming it 😄
    He done the same to a girl my mate was seeing and ended up shagging her. Needless to say they aren't seeing each other anymore 
    Was your mate a charlton fan? That would cut deep if he was 
    Yeah, he is a big fan, season ticket. Proper fan. Safe to say he doesn't particularly like him much
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Apparently being pissed off at what looks like bad news and then cheered by good news is a sign of hypocrisy, not a normal reaction. 

I'm just sorry we didn't get that Barnsley midfielder over the line.
    Try reading the whole thread Chief.
    This is what it was like on here 10-11pm.....

Pathetic
    I was on the thread, chief,  and what I saw was people who were understandably worried by the shipping out of two players and no sign of any incoming.

I don't really get this pleasure in slagging off  other fans for daring to voice their opinions and concerns.  On a forum.

All I saw where people complaining that Sandgaard wasn’t matching whatever number came into the heads of the owners at Exeter, petulant children everywhere 
    Which is made worse by the fact that Sandgaard when he doesn't decide if player valuations are correct. That's Steve Gallen's job. Same thing with Sorba Thomas, clearly we could afford him, but Gallen decided he wasn't worth that amount and we moved on.
    No problem with any of that, I don't think anyone has suggested other wise?

The "bed wetting" was when it looked like we had missed out on Kirk, had still let Williams go and were looking like missing out on Morris.  Even if we had got Morris to replace Williams questions would have been asked. 

There wasn't even a mention of DJ until about 5 to 11.   That was what caused the concern. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Apparently being pissed off at what looks like bad news and then cheered by good news is a sign of hypocrisy, not a normal reaction. 

Pathetic
    I was on the thread, chief,  and what I saw was people who were understandably worried by the shipping out of two players and no sign of any incoming.

I don't really get this pleasure in slagging off  other fans for daring to voice their opinions and concerns.  On a forum.

All I saw where people complaining that Sandgaard wasn’t matching whatever number came into the heads of the owners at Exeter, petulant children everywhere 
    Which is made worse by the fact that Sandgaard when he doesn't decide if player valuations are correct. That's Steve Gallen's job. Same thing with Sorba Thomas, clearly we could afford him, but Gallen decided he wasn't worth that amount and we moved on.

The "bed wetting" was when it looked like we had missed out on Kirk, had still let Williams go and were looking like missing out on Morris.  Even if we had got Morris to replace Williams questions would have been asked. 

There wasn't even a mention of DJ until about 5 to 11.   That was what caused the concern. 
    Yeah there were posts complaining that Sandgaard wasn't willing to splash out for Randall. 
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but how do these last minute deals work? When and how was a medical done? Swindon's at least 2 hours away. Are there standard contract terms? Any deal involving a 3 year contract usually takes a while to agree all the details. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kafka said:
    Excuse my ignorance, but how do these last minute deals work? When and how was a medical done? Swindon's at least 2 hours away. Are there standard contract terms? Any deal involving a 3 year contract usually takes a while to agree all the details. 

they said they were working on it all day so I'm assuming at some point he arrived at Sparrows Lane and was waiting for it all to be done. also, re the medical, Liverpool signed a player from a Club in Germany yesterday, he had his medical in Germany.
  • Options
    We need to distinguish between the deal being finalised near 11, to us approaching Swindon around this time and sending him to Sparrows Lane in a Supa Dupa Jet.
  • Options
    Well done the club on what is a decent window in extremely difficult times and circumstances. 

I’m not one for digging out fans but the reaction prior to the last signing on Twitter and occasionally on here was a bit weird. Deadline day seems to turn grown men into annoying children. 
    Like Christmas Eve and then a big sulk on Christmas Day when they didn't get the latest video game etc etc....
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:

Pathetic

Yeah there were posts complaining that Sandgaard wasn't willing to splash out for Randall. 
    Demanding someone spends their own money to by a player you had probably never heard of is silly, at best. 

But until 10.55 it looked like another transfer window of older players and loans. 

We all know that that cycle had to stop at some stage and in a way its a monkey of his back that it has now.  The bed wetting would have been far worse if it had carried on into July and August. 

• Options
    DJ is the sort of signing I like to see us make but supporting Charlton has made me very cynical and always cautious.

Swindon are 3rd bottom. How good do you have to be to be their best player?
    Also, remember when we signed MK Dons' best player?

Generally, really pleased with the signing but not going to stick him on a pedestal just yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For his  and our sake I hope he doesn’t pull out of a tackle if he’s playing tonight ;-) 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We need to distinguish between the deal being finalised near 11, to us approaching Swindon around this time and sending him to Sparrows Lane in a Supa Dupa Jet.
    There’s always the assumption that when a deal is concluded late that it is down to the buyer (us), but it could be for a number of reasons.

Swindon may have agreed a deal in principle but were hoping for a higher bid. They may only have accepted ours very late. They may have been holding off confirming while they worked on another deal etc 

literally dozens of scenarios 

On the Leeds documentary on Amazon they are trying to sign Daniel James from Swansea. Everything is agreed, medial completed, press article completed, contract signed. They were just waiting for a signature from Swansea end. Swansea owners changed their mind and went radio silence. Deal never went ahead as no one could get the blokes signature to complete the deal. 

• Options
    So it seems as if Randall and Kirk were top targets. DJ doesn’t seem much worse from what we are seeing/hearing though! I wonder what went wrong at Crewe with Kirk if we Crawley thought we were confident about getting him yesterday morning? Their statement on matters doesn’t clear much up imo. 
  • Options
    As for DJ scored against us and had an assist..... ! That’s a pretty big list this season. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    So it seems as if Randall and Kirk were top targets. DJ doesn’t seem much worse from what we are seeing/hearing though! I wonder what went wrong at Crewe with Kirk if we Crawley thought we were confident about getting him yesterday morning? Their statement on matters doesn’t clear much up imo. 
    Possibly a third-party agent was getting too involved. Not sure if we were duped by the wrong agent and weren’t actually in conversation with the club. By the time we spoke to the club, they had no interest in selling Kirk. Just a guess. 

I had said earlier yesterday, when the Kirk rumours all came out, including on sky sports, that the friends I know in Crewe were not aware of any such rumour or bid from us. 
  • Options
    kafka said:
    As an aside, given the number of deals in the EFL yesterday, from a Covid lockdown perspective there were an awful lot of young men criss crossing the country to get medicals and be unveiled...

While further up there were a number of international deals, players swapping countries
  • Options
    Possibly a third-party agent was getting too involved. Not sure if we were duped by the wrong agent and weren’t actually in conversation with the club. By the time we spoke to the club, they had no interest in selling Kirk. Just a guess. 

I had said earlier yesterday, when the Kirk rumours all came out, including on sky sports, that the friends I know in Crewe were not aware of any such rumour or bid from us. 
    Thanks for the reply, seems likely that you’ve got it right
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Take a big bow Bowyer, SG and TS. A huge five player up grade in the window.

That must have been the hardest window ever with the CAP added to the complications. We are so lucky to have the three of them. COYR’s!
    This x100