Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon v Charlton - Match Thread / Post Match Views from Pg.11

Comments

• edited September 2020
    Been saying for a while that we will compete with this squad, couple signings and you'd think play offs are more than achievable. We've done well done well to get to this stage and keep the players we have. 
  • Decent performance, good win. 
  • considering this perfomance and 5 new players once the takeover is complete and Williams coming back from international break. dare to believe?
    If the takeover happens soon, I imagine the bookies would have us as one of the favourites to go up. The track record of Bowyer and Gallen, combined with decent backing is a great combination
    Think thats why our odds are still pretty shit... Arent we something like 6th favourites and 4/1 to win the League?
  • considering this perfomance and 5 new players once the takeover is complete and Williams coming back from international break. dare to believe?
    If the takeover happens soon, I imagine the bookies would have us as one of the favourites to go up. The track record of Bowyer and Gallen, combined with decent backing is a great combination
    Think thats why our odds are still pretty shit... Arent we something like 6th favourites and 4/1 to win the League?
    I put a bet on us 2 weeks ago and we was 12-1 then
  • When's the draw for round 2  ??

After the the Brentford game tomorrow on Sky.
    Exactly. We won't get promoted with our current defence, but a takeover and removing the embargo will change everything
  • 12/1 on Betfair but only £14 available.
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    considering this perfomance and 5 new players once the takeover is complete and Williams coming back from international break. dare to believe?
    Still 12/1 with Bob's lot
  • Bye Swindon.
  • edited September 2020
    Feet firmly on the ground but that display shows this season could be a good one. Not sure of how Swindon compare to teams at this level, given they were promoted, but we were better than them for most of the game.

Amos will be a rock solid goalkeeper at this level - Dillon won't be missed; Barker must start at Crewe and whilst not going overboard looks an amazing prospect; Gilbey looked the business in his brief cameo performance; and if we can hang onto Doughty and Bonne they will be too much for most defences at this level.

My only concern is where the goals will come from. Maybe Aneke at this level, provided he can stay ft, might do the business.
  • IdleHans said:
    AndyG said:
    considering this perfomance and 5 new players once the takeover is complete and Williams coming back from international break. dare to believe?
    Still 12/1 with Bob's lot
    Is that 12/1 to go up or go up as Champions?
  • Be good to find a pairing like the last League One season with Grant and Taylor, each week one or the other would score so defences couldn't just mark one of them.
  • Meaningless game but good to get two strikers on the score sheets. Very different goals but both excellent finishes. Chuks showing the danger he can be at this level - can create chances for himself and out of not a lot. Can Bows get him fit enough consistently enough?
  • Would that be Ben Sheaf who joined Coventry in the week?
  • Sponsored links:

• Another piece of evidence for the appeal court judge (oops wrong thread)
  • Forget that Coventry are Championship now.
  • Before slamming a grand down it maybe worth remembering that their manager was kinda hoping they would not win.
  • Trae Coyle and Zech Medley went to Gillingham from Arsenal on loan a few weeks ago
  • edited September 2020
    Feet firmly on the ground but that display shows this season could be a good one. Not sure of how Swindon compare to teams at this level, given they were promoted, but we were better than them for most of the game.

Amos will be a rock solid goalkeeper at this level - Dillon won't be missed; Barker must start at Crewe and whilst not going overboard looks an amazing prospect; Gilbey looked the business in his brief cameo performance; and if we can hang onto Doughty and Bonne they will be too much for most defences at this level.

My only concern is where the goals will come from. Maybe Aneke at this level, provided he can stay ft, might do the business.
    If they stay fit Bonne/Washington/Aneke and Doughty (if he plays left wing and not left back) could get us 60 goals between them.

Bonne 25
    Washington 15
    Aneke 10
    Doughty 10

Bonne will miss plenty of chances but he'll also score plenty at this level.
    Washington got 10 in 25 in his last season at this level.
    Aneke got 19 in a full season in league two so could do ok at this level given i think he did well at the end of the championship season.
    And Doughty will tear defences apart with his pace.
  • I was impressed with Bonne's hold up play as well as his goal, he played well
  • How's Gilbey doing?
    Really impressed me... Hasnt lost the ball very often
    Is that because it’s white, easier to see?