Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon v Charlton - Match Thread / Post Match Views from Pg.11

Comments

• Looks like Barker only missed seven U18 games last season

Doesnt even look like he was involved in the U23s at any point - Almost looks like a Rashford where we've stumbled across him, on this occasion it surely must be because his Age means that we're not going to be penalised by having another Senior figure that stops another player from signing
  • cblock said:
    ct_addick said:
    Was a guest of Lee Power in the directors box at Swindon when they played Donny one time. MY cousin is marrIed to Tim Sherwood and they are mates from their Norwich days.Think he is from Lewisham and did play for us I believe 

Was a friend of his Uncle who unfortunately passed away, so can confirm that he is local to our part of london.

Knew his Dad Micky very well, part of the Lewisham Mod scene, well known character in pubs and clubs.
    Think he was originally out of Deptford.
    My deceased mate was from Deptford , his name was Jim and would without a doubt be in the mod scene.
  • Anyone know what happened to Washington? 
  • Valley11 said:
    Anyone know what happened to Washington? 
    International duty
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Not sure if this has been posted already but Charlie has been with the club since he was 14;

https://www.valleygold.org.uk/2019/11/28/academy-notes-charlie-barker/
    Was quite surprised when Luca Albon mentioned he'd left the club this summer - He seemed a name that appeared quite often on U18 match reports etc
  • We will be fine this year imo all we need is a few additions to give us some strength in depth which I'm sure we will get once Wednesday is out of the way. Maybe it's my rose tinted glasses but I honestly think we will challenge at the top this season 12 - 1 seems generous to me which is why I had a bet unusually. I bet those odds fall dramatically once the takeover happens 
  • I like our current options a lot. Obviously we need more depth but Doughty/Aneke and Gilbey all should be quality at this level. 

Oshilaja wasn’t amazing last year by any means, but he was playing CDM at points. At this level he should be right at home at CB
  • Thanks was looking for those earlier
    No probs. I know its not necessary for most, but I'll keep it going anyway.  :)
  • Thanks was looking for those earlier
    No probs. I know its not necessary for most, but I'll keep it going anyway.  :)
    Much appreciated, I'll be checking some of the others out later as well. Nice one mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks to me like we will have a tough few months and then hopefully come strong at the end with a playoff spot our target. Doable but only if TS gets this takeover done. What we currently have won’t get us top six. 
  • edited September 2020
    Can’t believe Barker is 17. These kids nowadays are built different.
    Before your time Gary but his stature reminds of Peter Reeves (England u18 Youth International) who also made his debut as a 17 year old and scored in an end of season victory over Norwich 2-1 on 18 May 1966 eventually forming a strong CB pairing with Paul Went.
  • edited September 2020
    Surely need to get Barker tied down to something, cant sign a pro contract until he's 18 (?) if he hasnt already

But you just know the moment ANY 17-year old players a senior game, let alone back to back games its going to result in the big clubs sending their scouts
  • edited September 2020
    Best bit of business sandgaard could do is keeping hold of Doughty.
    This fella looks like he's going to the very top!
    We'll roast teams with Doughty in the side next season

Swindon did it today and Bristol Rovers did it when we went up, teams will push up and blow a bit of caution to the win if they need to get something

Cant see there being many players faster that Alfie at this level, if he can learn to beat the 'keeper, they will regret it - Just seen his one v one again, absolutely ridiculous, Swindon player has about a 10-yard headstart on him!!! 
  • Valley11 said:
    Anyone know what happened to Washington? 
    Died years back apparently.