Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon v Charlton - Match Thread / Post Match Views from Pg.11

Comments

• iaitch said:
    Is there extra time or straight to penaltys? If it gets that far.
    Straight to penalties
    This game won't finish all square

Swindon will score in the 92nd and 94th minutes to win after Bowyer makes a late change to protect our lead
  • No change from last season - can't kill games off. Cant get a 2nd that could lead to a 3rd. Instead we let one in & then usually lose. 1-0 up at Wimbledon last week & lost that one. Expect to do the same today.
    Do we really want to kill these two games off?
    Maybe not last weeks but certainly this one. This is the League Cup. 2nd biggest cup competition in the UK.Wembley final & a place in Europe. Tis is no micky mouse competition. Might get a Premier League side in the next round or 2.
    Whoopdie Doooo

Apart from being a chance to blood in any new signings its nothing more than a distraction
    Well, if you don't care much about it why  are you posting on this thread.

Weird.
    Because its a Charlton game... Obviously

I'm just realistic and know we cant win every game, prioritise the important games

Or would you prefer it had we done a Portsmouth and Sunderland two years ago and gone far into a cup game only to tire when it matters in the League?

@golfaddick you'll have to remind me why you only chirp up when a match appears at its most negative?
    Its a complete myth that a cup run effects your league form. In fact it usually does the opposite...
    What like Doncaster when they beat us in the FA Cup

Or Portsmouth / Sunderland when they went far in the EFL Trophy, both teams looked exhausted come the end of the season

Who won the Play-Offs out of us four that season?

Hell I'm all for going far in cup competitions if it gives much needed minutes for players or new signings... But thats it

How many teams win every single competition they're involved in, its about managing each competition you're involved in
    You’ve picked any old example there! I could do the exact same. We didn’t win the play off final because Sunderland played a few extra games than us and were ‘tired’. Now the checkatrade can go that is pointless. Bowyers team against Doncaster was disgraceful, although i’ll let it slide as hes a god. 
  • Sandgaard talking on BBC London at the moment
  • edited September 2020
    No change from last season - can't kill games off. Cant get a 2nd that could lead to a 3rd. Instead we let one in & then usually lose. 1-0 up at Wimbledon last week & lost that one. Expect to do the same today.
    Maybe not last weeks but certainly this one. This is the League Cup. 2nd biggest cup competition in the UK.Wembley final & a place in Europe. Tis is no micky mouse competition. Might get a Premier League side in the next round or 2.
    Whoopdie Doooo

Apart from being a chance to blood in any new signings its nothing more than a distraction

Weird.

I'm just realistic and know we cant win every game, prioritise the important games

Or would you prefer it had we done a Portsmouth and Sunderland two years ago and gone far into a cup game only to tire when it matters in the League?

@golfaddick you'll have to remind me why you only chirp up when a match appears at its most negative?
    Its a complete myth that a cup run effects your league form. In fact it usually does the opposite...

Or Portsmouth / Sunderland when they went far in the EFL Trophy, both teams looked exhausted come the end of the season

Hell I'm all for going far in cup competitions if it gives much needed minutes for players or new signings... But thats it

How many teams win every single competition they're involved in, its about managing each competition you're involved in
    You’ve picked any old example there! I could do the exact same. We didn’t win the play off final because Sunderland played a few extra games than us and were ‘tired’. Now the checkatrade can go that is pointless. Bowyers team against Doncaster was disgraceful, although i’ll let it slide as hes a god. 
    Think we'll have to agree to disagree - Cup competitions these days are sadly expendable

We're not going to win them so why waste our time with them... Its the same approach Bowyer takes for the most part

It is a shame taking that stance I'd agree as love the FA Cup (the League Cup a little less so, not that it should be scrapped as per the excuse that every other European League has just the one cup competition) but unfortunately the chances of there being a regular Bradford reaching the latter stages is really rare... If it was more often I'd probably have a different opinion
  • Morgan on for Bonne
  • No change from last season - can't kill games off. Cant get a 2nd that could lead to a 3rd. Instead we let one in & then usually lose. 1-0 up at Wimbledon last week & lost that one. Expect to do the same today.
    Whoopdie Doooo

Weird.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree - Cup competitions these days are sadly expendable

We're not going to win them so why waste our time with them... Its the same approach Bowyer takes for the most part
    Fair enough. The we’re not gonna win them so don’t take part i completely disagree with.
  • Nice to see everyone worrying about how a single cup victory might derail our season...
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Is there extra time or straight to penaltys? If it gets that far.
    Straight to penalties
    This game won't finish all square

Swindon will score in the 92nd and 94th minutes to win after Bowyer makes a late change to protect our lead
    Morgan on for Bonne
  • Done and dusted 3-1
  • We've flattered that scoreline lol!...
  • Brilliant Finnish, Jesus.. Not going out the first round 
  • The EFL cup is ours!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss on a run our season starts here
  • Has the open top bus been booked?
  • Excellent finish from 2 goal Chuks.
  • Ref now signals 10 minutes added time?
  • Iiaitch said:
    Stoke scored in the first minute, not sure we'd even touched the ball before it was in the net. Two down soon after.

Got it back to 2-2 and then Crooks won a penalty, thought it was a dive though.

To our eternal shame, I remember the monkey chants directed at Crooks. 
  • Wemberlee Wemberlee we're the famous Charlton Athletic and we're going to Wemberlee