Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon v Charlton - Match Thread / Post Match Views from Pg.11

Comments

• edited September 2020
    No change from last season - can't kill games off. Cant get a 2nd that could lead to a 3rd. Instead we let one in & then usually lose. 1-0 up at Wimbledon last week & lost that one. Expect to do the same today.
    Do we really want to kill these two games off?
    Maybe not last weeks but certainly this one. This is the League Cup. 2nd biggest cup competition in the UK.Wembley final & a place in Europe. Tis is no micky mouse competition. Might get a Premier League side in the next round or 2.
    Whoopdie Doooo

Apart from being a chance to blood in any new signings its nothing more than a distraction
  • No change from last season - can't kill games off. Cant get a 2nd that could lead to a 3rd. Instead we let one in & then usually lose. 1-0 up at Wimbledon last week & lost that one. Expect to do the same today.
    Maybe not last weeks but certainly this one. This is the League Cup. 2nd biggest cup competition in the UK.Wembley final & a place in Europe. Tis is no micky mouse competition. Might get a Premier League side in the next round or 2.
    Whoopdie Doooo

Apart from being a chance to blood in any new signings its nothing more than a distraction
    Well, if you don't care much about it why  are you posting on this thread.

Weird.
  • Gilbey looks very tidy on the ball... Really good at carrying it forward
  • Is there extra time or straight to penaltys? If it gets that far.
  • Great for the youngster!!
  • Wonder whether Barker could make that centre half spot his own! 

Recon he could really step up- has he been with us long?
  • Barker! Go on lad
  • Bloody hell every time I post a goal goes in.
  • Sponsored links:

• No change from last season - can't kill games off. Cant get a 2nd that could lead to a 3rd. Instead we let one in & then usually lose. 1-0 up at Wimbledon last week & lost that one. Expect to do the same today.

Also scoring goals & winning is a habit. 
    Agree with the winning breeding confidence but getting through and playing a premier league side means nothing really, as there are zero gate receipts.
  • How long will be able to hold onto this lad for? Sold at Christmas if he carries on like this!
  • Barker has really impressed me all game. Can see him playing a part this season
  • What’s this about the second and third round draws taking place at the same time?
  • How long will be able to hold onto this lad for? Sold at Christmas if he carries on like this!
    Or before October 16th.
  • JaShea99 said:
    What’s this about the second and third round draws taking place at the same time?
    That sounds like a balls up waiting to happen.
  • Barker has really impressed me all game. Can see him playing a part this season
    Always liked him since he starred in porridge 
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Is there extra time or straight to penaltys? If it gets that far.
    Straight to penalties
    Whoopdie Doooo

Weird.
    Because its a Charlton game... Obviously

I'm just realistic and know we cant win every game, prioritise the important games

Or would you prefer it had we done a Portsmouth and Sunderland two years ago and gone far into a cup game only to tire when it matters in the League?

@golfaddick you'll have to remind me why you only chirp up when a match appears at its most negative?
    Its a complete myth that a cup run effects your league form. In fact it usually does the opposite...
  • JaShea99 said:
    What’s this about the second and third round draws taking place at the same time?
    What all four teams on the pitch at once and only one goes through?
  • iaitch said:
    Is there extra time or straight to penaltys? If it gets that far.
    Straight to penalties
    Thanks, dreadful spelling by me.
  • edited September 2020
    No change from last season - can't kill games off. Cant get a 2nd that could lead to a 3rd. Instead we let one in & then usually lose. 1-0 up at Wimbledon last week & lost that one. Expect to do the same today.
    Whoopdie Doooo

Weird.
    Because its a Charlton game... Obviously

I'm just realistic and know we cant win every game, prioritise the important games

Or would you prefer it had we done a Portsmouth and Sunderland two years ago and gone far into a cup game only to tire when it matters in the League?

@golfaddick you'll have to remind me why you only chirp up when a match appears at its most negative?
    Its a complete myth that a cup run effects your league form. In fact it usually does the opposite...
    What like Doncaster when they beat us in the FA Cup

Or Portsmouth / Sunderland when they went far in the EFL Trophy, both teams looked exhausted come the end of the season

Who won the Play-Offs out of us four that season?

Hell I'm all for going far in cup competitions if it gives much needed minutes for players or new signings... But thats it

How many teams win every single competition they're involved in, its about managing each competition you're involved in
  • Getting excited about Charlie Barker now

Edit 
    Maybe I shouldn't say a 17 year old is exciting me 🤣🤣🤣
    Can we call him Spotty Barker yet?
  • Will people lighten up on Elliott now?? 
  • Will people lighten up on Elliottttttt now?? 

• Boooo.

We scored and now lead. Rubbish

Bowyer out. Want to lose every game.

That made me laugh out loud Golfie, thanks