Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Pub league defending from Leeds at times
  • The more I watch Leeds this year the more I believe that hard work alone isn’t enough in the PL.

They have some very average players - some
    of whom wouldn’t look out of place at a lower
    half championship club. 
    Yet they are nicely set to stay up with those Championship players, the hard work is the difference.
    For sure the hard work makes a difference but I know a lot of Leeds fans thought Bielsas magic would see them top half pushing for a Europa League spot. The quality is nowhere near the level required for it. Liam Cooper, Luke Ayling and Stuart Dallas are still very Championship players but with a champions league manager.
  • Ridiculous football match 
  • The more I watch Leeds this year the more I believe that hard work alone isn’t enough in the PL.

half championship club. 
    Yet they are nicely set to stay up with those Championship players, the hard work is the difference.
    For sure the hard work makes a difference but I know a lot of Leeds fans thought Bielsas magic would see them top half pushing for a Europa League spot. The quality is nowhere near the level required for it. Liam Cooper, Luke Ayling and Stuart Dallas are still very Championship players but with a champions league manager.
    FFS everytime I post, a minute later one of the players I mention scores
  • I also had Palace to win in beat the bookie 
  • MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Man Utd won’t  beat Leeds 
    I may have called this one wrong......
    Far too early to be calling you wrong!! - This is Man Utd remember!!
  • Always thought this would happen to Leeds. But on a good day it can click and they can comfortably beat other teams in the bottom half so that alone is enough to stay up. The way they play relies on a really strong back 5 and they just don't have it. I think Bielsa thought the same which is why he paid big bucks for two CBs but tough when they're both out. If they get fit and form a decent partnership I think they'll have a decent second half of the season. The positive has obviously been Bamford because they desperately needed one player to score a few. 
  • Oh dear... Should really be 6-3!!
  • Leeds are like the Norwich of last season. 
    I take the point regarding style but Leeds are much better than Norwich were.

Leeds have 17 points from 14 games and Norwich only picked up 21 points from their 38 games. Norwich's issue was their inability to score with only 26 all season - Leeds have 24 already. Where they are similar is in terms of goals conceded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh dear... Should really be 6-3!!
    it should have been about 11-3 tbf

half championship club. 
    It's good though that a (foreign) manager is giving them a chance in the PL though, I hate it when teams dismantle the promotion side and replaces it with a new one as some players can make the step up
  • By the way, if anyone knows any Arsenal fans it might be a good idea to ask them if they are still fed up with Arsene Wenger only getting them into the top 4 and winning the odd FA Cup every couple of seasons!
  • Today was a vicious disassembly of the Bielsa project, but it'll still work on teams down at the wrong end of the table
  • I don’t get the Biesla love in either. He’s been nominated in the top 3 of World Coach of the Year!!
  • Delightful cross and finish from Aston Villa
  • Refs are giving bad tackles yellows, rightly, then looking at tackles in slo-mo and upgrading them to red, it's a nonsense
  • Off_it said:
    I'm amazed at the collective sucking of the Leeds cock on Sky today. At times i had to double check the score to confirm that they were indeed taking a hammering. They were incredibly lucky to only lose by 4 goals. Man U could easily have reached double figures.

But Leeds are still "an amazing team with an amazing coach", apparently. I remember Ian Holloway trying the same thing with Blackoool and everyone thought he was a clown!
    But Man Utd should beat Leeds 6-2 and more shouldn't they? After all, the collective cost of the Leeds squad is less than what Man United paid for one player - Paul Pogba. 

It's about getting the best out of the players available to you. Leeds paid £7m for Patrick Bamford. He shouldn't, with their combined transfer fees of £170m is the marker, be on the same pitch as Arsenal's Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe. And yet those three, in total, have scored less goals than Bamford this season. Bamford's goals are also more than Sheffield United (8) and Burnley (6) have scored in total. He's not an international class striker and misses more than most but Bielsa still believes in him and the team reaps the rewards of that.

Imagine what Bielsa might do with the sort of money the so called top six spend. But then this is a man who lives above a newsagents in Leeds and walks to the training ground so that's probably not something that he is too comfortable doing. A man of the people. 

Football should be about entertainment. Leeds had 17 shots today. So what if they got thrashed and it should have been more. I bet Leeds fans prefer his brand of football to what Sam Allardyce will be serving up at WBA. 

• Sponsored links:

• I'd be delighted playing that way if I was a Leeds fan.

Yes they'll have a few games like this, but they'll stay up and they'll get to watch some amazing games.

• Off_it said:
    I'm amazed at the collective sucking of the Leeds cock on Sky today. At times i had to double check the score to confirm that they were indeed taking a hammering. They were incredibly lucky to only lose by 4 goals. Man U could easily have reached double figures.

But Leeds are still "an amazing team with an amazing coach", apparently. I remember Ian Holloway trying the same thing with Blackoool and everyone thought he was a clown!
    But Man Utd should beat Leeds 6-2 and more shouldn't they? After all, the collective cost of the Leeds squad is less than what Man United paid for one player - Paul Pogba. 

Not quite, didn’t Leeds spend 80odd million in the summer? I mean you have to really in order to compete but they got money. If they stay up I think they’ll spend big again if Covid has calmed down. 
  • Just seen that Red for Livermore, so so harsh. 
  • We got the wrong Bogle.
  • Leeds do need to sort their defence out but there's no way they'll be relegated. 

Really like watching them though, last 2 games.......5-2 and 2-6. 
  • Cant believe people are actually questioning the Livermore red on here, saw it on match of the day and the pundits in the studio all agreed with the red even Sam Allardyce said he had no complaints over it, it was a disgusting challenge from Livermore
  • edited December 2020
    They get praised because they're a newly promoted side who attack everyone and every game they play is an absolute spectacle. What newly promoted side plays like that? Not many teams in general try to play like that. Every second of the game is forward, forward, forward. You have to respect the manager for being so unflinching in his football philosophy. 

Personally I would rather we played more like that and occasionally lost 6-2 than whatever turgid brand of football I've been watching over the past 12 months. 
  • edited December 2020
    Off_it said:

Except Pogba played 0 minutes yesterday, so his price tag has nothing to do with it. 

Leeds spent a huge amount of money in the summer for a newly promoted side and one who hadn’t been in top flight for over a decade. 
  • Leeds spent £96.1m in the last window.
  • Addickted said:
    Leeds spent £96.1m in the last window.
    To me that would be obscene for any season with a newly promoted side (I’m aware Fulham did similar the year before too), but to spend that this year!