Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• A great weekend for Leicester after a couple of bad results in November. And no Europe to distract them now for a couple of months
  • Cracking result for Burnley. Doubt it will last for long but love seeing Arsenal so close to the relegation zone. 
  • For all the talk about how brilliant Bielsa is, Leeds are currently 14th, only 6 points above Fulham in the last relegation place
  • Spurs seemed to sit back all half just inviting Palace forward and then inevitably they scored. Spurs then spent the last 10-15 minutes absolutely dominating the game and could've won it at the end.

Why not just play like that in the second half and try to go 2-0 up instead of sitting back?

Guaita made some amazing saves though.
    so f'ing frustrating to watch!  Really dont know why we keep dropping off for long periods.  But hey.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Spurs seemed to sit back all half just inviting Palace forward and then inevitably they scored. Spurs then spent the last 10-15 minutes absolutely dominating the game and could've won it at the end.

Why not just play like that in the second half and try to go 2-0 up instead of sitting back?

so f'ing frustrating to watch!  Really dont know why we keep dropping off for long periods.  But hey.
    Mourinho way isn't it. Brings good results generally against the bigger clubs but games like today it's not necessary. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Spurs seemed to sit back all half just inviting Palace forward and then inevitably they scored. Spurs then spent the last 10-15 minutes absolutely dominating the game and could've won it at the end.

Mourinho way isn't it. Brings good results generally against the bigger clubs but games like today it's not necessary. 
    It's funny how results can seem worse or better after everyone else has played, as Spurs have ended the weekend still top of the table with THE big story being Arsenal rather than them throwing away 2 points
  • It’s all set up for the year ends in one cnuts to win it 
    the one time I want the scousers to succeed and they fuck it up against Fulham 
    they might as well hand the trophy over on Wednesday if those taxi driver twunts win 
    Allow me to allay your fears oohah and say it again but Spurs will not win the PL because of their complete and utter reliance on Kane and Son - those two have between them a "ridiculous" 19 goals and 14 assists. The whole of the rest of the squad have 5 goals and 6 assists in total and not one other player has scored more than one goal in the PL. It isn't just their  incredible stats - it's the fact that they bring so much more to Spurs specifically in the way that the team is set up. We still have more than two thirds of the season to go and Kane and Son will not be able to play every match - so who is going to step up and replace them? 

Equally, as good as Mourinho is at "parking the bus", very often, as we found on Saturday, against the lesser sides, you have to let the hand brake off to guarantee 3 points. Is Mourinho prepared to do that? Spurs next two games against Liverpool and Leicester will tell us even more and it will be interesting to see how Mourinho approaches the two different challenges.

City appear to have been written off by many because they aren't playing their usual brand of football and due to their poor scoring record this season. At some point though, Sterling, a fit Aguero, Mahrez etc etc will click. No one has actually highlighted the fact that they have sorted out their achilles heel i.e. their defensive frailties with 9 clean sheets in the last 11 games and only 6 goals conceded in their previous 16 matches.

They win their game in hand against Villa and they are 3 points off the top with 26 games to go. City are still very short and you can lay them on Betfair at 2.9 so it's not exactly going to cost a Queen's ransom to do so. Personally, I wouldn't back or lay them but if you offered me a straight coin toss on them and Spurs I would hope it would land in favour of City all day long!
  • Sponsored links:

• When was the last time the traditional “big 6” all failed to win in a single weekend?
    Not a weekend but a round of games nevertheless and almost 5 years ago.

Tuesday 12th/Wednesday 13th January 2016:

Newcastle 3 Man Utd 3
    Chelsea 2 WBA 2
    Man City 0 Everton 0
    Liverpool 3 Arsenal 3
    Spurs 0 Leicester 1
  • Matip off at halftime. Fabinho and Henderson at centre half for Liverpool now.
    Klopp also said that Dioga Jota is going to be out for 6-8 weeks, so that's another good player missing.

I think Liverpool might now actually have more injuries than us.
  • Arsenal have now gone an incredible 12 hours and 32 minutes in the Premier league without scoring from open play.
  • Arsenal have now gone an incredible 12 hours and 32 minutes in the Premier league without scoring from open play.
    And overall averaging under 1 goal per match. Arteta is on borrowed time. 
  • It’s all set up for the year ends in one cnuts to win it 
    the one time I want the scousers to succeed and they fuck it up against Fulham 
    they might as well hand the trophy over on Wednesday if those taxi driver twunts win 
    Allow me to allay your fears oohah and say it again but Spurs will not win the PL because of their complete and utter reliance on Kane and Son - those two have between them a "ridiculous" 19 goals and 14 assists. The whole of the rest of the squad have 5 goals and 6 assists in total and not one other player has scored more than one goal in the PL. It isn't just their  incredible stats - it's the fact that they bring so much more to Spurs specifically in the way that the team is set up. We still have more than two thirds of the season to go and Kane and Son will not be able to play every match - so who is going to step up and replace them? 

Equally, as good as Mourinho is at "parking the bus", very often, as we found on Saturday, against the lesser sides, you have to let the hand brake off to guarantee 3 points. Is Mourinho prepared to do that? Spurs next two games against Liverpool and Leicester will tell us even more and it will be interesting to see how Mourinho approaches the two different challenges.

City appear to have been written off by many because they aren't playing their usual brand of football and due to their poor scoring record this season. At some point though, Sterling, a fit Aguero, Mahrez etc etc will click. No one has actually highlighted the fact that they have sorted out their achilles heel i.e. their defensive frailties with 9 clean sheets in the last 11 games and only 6 goals conceded in their previous 16 matches.

They win their game in hand against Villa and they are 3 points off the top with 26 games to go. City are still very short and you can lay them on Betfair at 2.9 so it's not exactly going to cost a Queen's ransom to do so. Personally, I wouldn't back or lay them but if you offered me a straight coin toss on them and Spurs I would hope it would land in favour of City all day long!
    I have a sniper positioned outside their training ground now, just hope he’s as accurate as them two and takes one or both out at some point this season .
  • For the record , I’ve watched that Spurs Amazon thingy and really enjoyed it , it broke me cos I wanted to hate them more but  I liked the passion shown by the Spurs players and especially Lloris I always thought he had no personality but I like the way he fired the team up pre match .
    until his miserableness at Man U I’d always liked Mourinho and he comes across well .
    another thing having a real shit near time memory and having avoided quite a lot of prem matches in recent years due to Liverpool’s success and palace still being up there i watched the documentary not knowing the scores or outcomes which made it a bit more exciting .

• Arsenal's next 4 games

Southampton
    Everton
    Man City (League Cup)
    Chelsea...

Ouch!
  • Highlight of AFTV last night was Ty (the one who always dresses head to toe in Arsenal merchandise) losing it and saying that he'd bet Roy Keane 1k that Arsenal wouldn't be relegated.

The irony of the fact that it's Arsenal and you're even talking about relegation was completely lost on him.

Even Robbie the host called him embarrassing.
    Aubameyang scored last night  ;)
    Was a corner though so not open play ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• The Arsenal fans will be devastated that London has moved to Tier 3 and they won't be able to watch their team
  • Think of all the booing they'll miss out on.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Arsenal's next 4 games

Southampton
    Everton
    Man City (League Cup)
    Chelsea...

Ouch!
    Football is a funny old game though. I remember everyone saying West Ham were going to have tough start to the session due to a difficult start, yet they're flying.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Arsenal's next 4 games

Southampton
    Everton
    Man City (League Cup)
    Chelsea...

Ouch!
    Football is a funny old game though. I remember everyone saying West Ham were going to have tough start to the session due to a difficult start, yet they're flying.
    And you are indeed correct.  Have been well impressed with West Ham, they're actually playing some nice football and getting results.  Have rode their luck a couple of times but you make your own luck.  Might be the season they finally crack the top 6.

For all the mickey taking out of Arsenal, it can turn around quickly...as we all know full well!  Will enjoy it game by game while it lasts.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Arsenal's next 4 games

Southampton
    Everton
    Man City (League Cup)
    Chelsea...

Ouch!
    And you are indeed correct.  Have been well impressed with West Ham, they're actually playing some nice football and getting results.  Have rode their luck a couple of times but you make your own luck.  Might be the season they finally crack the top 6.

For all the mickey taking out of Arsenal, it can turn around quickly...as we all know full well!  Will enjoy it game by game while it lasts.

They could be right in the shit considering their games over the next few weeks also. No chance of them being relegated obviously but I don't think a bottom half finish is unreasonable.
  • On Amazon Prime tonight .. now Chelsea at Wolves 0-0 1/2 time .. 20.00 k.o. Man C v WBA
  • Werner is such a strange footballer. Sometimes looks World Class, other times a total passenger. 

Don’t think he was a bad but for Chelsea but he could do with finding some consistency.
  • Good to see VAR working against Wolves there 

Why hasnt Neto been booked for simulation though
  • Laddick01 said:
    Werner is such a strange footballer. Sometimes looks World Class, other times a total passenger. 

Don’t think he was a bad but for Chelsea but he could do with finding some consistency.
    strange game tonight, 1t half all the players were sleepwalking and it's taken a goal to wake them all up .. Werner is a bit of a sulker when things don't go his way .. Chelsea look a poor side for top of the table
  • and now the diver scores what is a likely winner ((:>)