Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Going?

Comments

• Options
    We're quite lucky that there's no obvious vacancy open for Bowyer at the moment. Birmingham didn't move for him, and they pissed him off with the talk of wanting him right before we played them, and other than that there's no clear move for him. Bristol City came too early, Wigan is potentially the only team worse to go to than Charlton, and Bournemouth is too high up a role. He'll want a Championship job if he's to move, so we just have to pray no-one else gets sacked in that league for a long while.
  • Options
    Seriously, who would want him? He is unproven at Championship level as a result of our relegation. Nobody bigger than us is realistically going to come in for him. Perversely, had he kept us up there would probably be a queue of clubs after him and you can put that down to an added time Barnsley goal against Brentford that there was a suspicion of offside around.
    I agree. Although I think Bowyer is the type of manager who could become a bit of a Pulis or lower league Allardyce. As a player he was tough and I think he can get players fired up. 

I was more concerned about him quitting then getting another job for now. Although I think he's the sort of manager a team in the bottom 3 of the Championship would go for come February/March. 
  • Options
    We're quite lucky that there's no obvious vacancy open for Bowyer at the moment. Birmingham didn't move for him, and they pissed him off with the talk of wanting him right before we played them, and other than that there's no clear move for him. Bristol City came too early, Wigan is potentially the only team worse to go to than Charlton, and Bournemouth is too high up a role. He'll want a Championship job if he's to move, so we just have to pray no-one else gets sacked in that league for a long while.
    I never thought he would go for Birmingham, as that's another struggling club going nowhere. Fine for an unemployed manager desperate for work (like Karanka) but no reason for Bowyer to take it

I think he'll be conscious of not repeating Nathan Jones' error in taking over at a club which doesn't suit him
  • Options

He actually looks like he is smiling in this video, he seems to have completely changed in the last couple of weeks from the inteview ontalksport to now, he sounds and looks more positive 
  • Options

He actually looks like he is smiling in this video, he seems to have completely changed in the last couple of weeks from the inteview ontalksport to now, he sounds and looks more positive 
    Probably wind! 🤣 But he does look okay so maybe...... 
  • Options
    Interesting he mentions Dillon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Interesting he mentions Dillon?
    Might as well unless we receive any offers for him
  • Options
    I don't think he is 100% sure either way in regards to whether or not he will still be our manager next season.

He doesn't know what he wants yet or what future is ahead.
  • Options
    So it’s Friday - have the talks happened yet - no news is good news for me 
  • Options
    Hoping Rich Cawleys going to do a big reveal today.
  • Options
    It looks very much like Bowyer is getting his squad sorted early in time for pre season in the way Powell did when we pissed the league.He knows and we all do,that we had so much bad luck last year,injuries 94th min goals,poxy decisions,that given a fair chance we will have a go this year.
  • Options
    If you want to turn a negative into somewhat of a positive, there are some players who will benefit from the lower league. I am thinking Morgan who potentially can make that final push to being a good player, Bonne who could set himself up, Davison who isn't ready for the Championship etc...
  • Options
    If you want to turn a negative into somewhat of a positive, there are some players who will benefit from the lower league. I am thinking Morgan who potentially can make that final push to being a good player, Bonne who could set himself up, Davison who isn't ready for the Championship etc...
    Excellent point,even Dougherty could do with playing at the power level for a season,together with some of the lads who came in last year,Vennings perhaps,this could really help their career.
  • Options
    Meant lower not power
  • Options
    He’ll do what all players and managers do , wait till something that suits him comes along , walk away or get sacked , ‘‘twas ever thus .
    All this he loves Charlton sounds good but we have true love and are stuck here till death (club or us) do us part , luckily enough for Bowyer he doesn’t suffer that same condition as us .
  • Options
    Excellent point,even Dougherty could do with playing at the power level for a season,together with some of the lads who came in last year,Vennings perhaps,this could really help their career.
    Who?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who?
    Are you querying Vennings or the spelling? lol! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who?
    I think he was querying the spelling but not of vennings 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who?
    I've seen Vennings both live for the first team and the development squad, it's this Irish fella I don't recognise

Doughty is pronounced either 'Dow-tee' or 'Doh-tee' never 'Dow-er-tee' so must be a different player :wink:
    :kissing_heart:

• Options
    One and the same,grasp of English language not what it was.
  • Options
    Bowyer’s gone...

...fishing.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Bowyer’s gone...

...fishing.

And better still, he appears to have eradicated Southall and is using' Matt's particles ' as bait to dispose of the body!
  • Options
    Oh no, more fishing puns.....
  • Options
    They will continue if you keep nibbling at the bait!
  • Options
    We're hooked on them.