Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer Going?

Comments

• Enjoy your contributions Millwall fan you are welcome in my opinion
    Thanks 
  • Happy to have @MillwallFan and @Big_Bad_World on this site

It's depressing how well Millwall have been run when compared to us over the last few years. A normal football club
  • Redrobo said:
    ŴMillwallFan said:
    Good motivational manager, not sure about him as a footballing tactician. A bit like Neil Harris. Loves a sound bite. Probably more suited to L1 if I’m honest

...just my opinion . 
    Even though you enjoy this forum I really don’t think you have any, not even the slightest idea just what Bowyer has had to endure during his time in charge. Even then he got the team promoted and I suspect you’ll struggle to get more than a couple of people on this site who put our relegation down to Bowyer. 
    I wouldn’t put your relegation down to him either. I think without all the back room shenanigans he’d probably have kept you up this season. The following season he may have got found out. Same as Harris did. That’s the pattern those type of managers tend to take. 

I’m not making that judgement on where you finished in the table. More from the type of decisions he makes during a match and listening to pre and post match interviews etc. 

That’s not a dig at the man. I think he has done brilliant at Charlton, What with all the crap he’s had to endure, getting you promoted last year etc but I just think he’s limited to that sort of level, L1... lower championship maybe? Can’t see him managing a premier league club, or a club aspiring to be PL anytime soon. 

As I say, just my opinion, and I may get proven wrong. We’ll see
    Is this the Harris that is managing a side in the playoffs tonight?

Be honest, you wouldn’t recognise a good manager if you saw one.
    Yeah, I wouldn’t recognise a good manager if I saw one. Incidentally, here’s some of Harris’ stats since he took over at cardiff...

Yet we still threw away a 2-0 lead
  • I like Harris which makes me feel I should wash my mouth out.
    You should really consider how the written word can be misinterpreted at times.
  • I don't quite get this. Why is a Millwall fan regularly contributing to our forum? It seems just as strange that Lifers routinely engage with him. Nothing personal, of course - just weird. I wouldn't dream of trawling round the Millwall forum, trying to be friends with their fans...
    Neither would I, because even on line they would still manage to steal our lunch money.

@MillwallFan and @Big_Bad_World are the rare millwall supporters that appear to have completed school! They are good posters with good views on football and lnon football matter. Bbw helped people out from this forum when in need at the beginning of the pandemic. Both are welcome on here in my opinion, unlike that palace guy who is on the wind up.

It's depressing how well Millwall have been run when compared to us over the last few years. A normal football club
    could be that Millwall's owners have been happy with slow and steady progress .. whereas CAFC's 'owners' have been over experimental and ambitious, what my mother would have called 'champagne tastes but just beer money'
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    ŴMillwallFan said:
    Good motivational manager, not sure about him as a footballing tactician. A bit like Neil Harris. Loves a sound bite. Probably more suited to L1 if I’m honest

...just my opinion . 
    Even though you enjoy this forum I really don’t think you have any, not even the slightest idea just what Bowyer has had to endure during his time in charge. Even then he got the team promoted and I suspect you’ll struggle to get more than a couple of people on this site who put our relegation down to Bowyer. 
    I wouldn’t put your relegation down to him either. I think without all the back room shenanigans he’d probably have kept you up this season. The following season he may have got found out. Same as Harris did. That’s the pattern those type of managers tend to take. 

I’m not making that judgement on where you finished in the table. More from the type of decisions he makes during a match and listening to pre and post match interviews etc. 

That’s not a dig at the man. I think he has done brilliant at Charlton, What with all the crap he’s had to endure, getting you promoted last year etc but I just think he’s limited to that sort of level, L1... lower championship maybe? Can’t see him managing a premier league club, or a club aspiring to be PL anytime soon. 

As I say, just my opinion, and I may get proven wrong. We’ll see
    Is this the Harris that is managing a side in the playoffs tonight?

Be honest, you wouldn’t recognise a good manager if you saw one.
    Yeah, I wouldn’t recognise a good manager if I saw one. Incidentally, here’s some of Harris’ stats since he took over at cardiff...

Yet we still threw away a 2-0 lead
    Reckon we'd have held on had Cullen not gotten injured 
  • He said: “I can only go on what the owner [Elliott] is saying. If he said no-one is for sale, he’s the one going to be in charge of whether people go or not''

be careful Lee. He isn't the owner yet and might never be. Take anything he says will a very large pinch of salt. I'm afraid you are going to be severely let down again.

• edited July 2020

...just my opinion . 
    I wouldn’t wish any of the stuff that has gone on the last few years upon your club.

I think you’ve got a good manager, perhaps with a limited ability of playing style.

You’ve had a decent season, and heavily contributed to our relegation, so well done mate.

Please don’t take this the wrong way as you come across as a decent erudite fan.

Youre probably right in that Bowyer is not yet a proven championship manager, but what he’s had to endure this season is way off the scale.
  • As much as.our historical rivalry has set us against each other, both on and off the pitch, we are all fans.of the club's we.love and the game we love. Our similarities are probably more than that at many levels. Anyone that wants to contribute in a respectful manner is welcomed in my view. These fellas have always come across as balanced and not WUM's so can't see.the problem with their contributions. 

Back on topic. Bowyer is a young inexperienced manager who has much to learn in his craft, bit he brings playing experience that most of not all of our squad can respect, which is one of the key aspects of his role. He may be naive at times but he's our manager and one of us, so gets slack where others wouldn't. Hope he stays

I also enjoy reading other fan's contributions, but I wouldn't put it as strongly as that...
    The fact that Millwall are more normal than Charlton now is a sign of how far we've fallen!
  • edited July 2020
    I had to admire Spain at their peak but I found that type of football boring. What actually is shit football? There is winning football and losing football. Winning football tends to entertain the fans of the club that are winning.
  • Karanka appointed at Birmingham, think that may mean LB stays!!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• At least Eddie will be ahead of Bows if any jobs come up. 🙂
  • I am more worried that LB would be a great punt for Bournemouth to take rather than Eddie wanting to leave a well run club for our current situation.
  • edited August 2020
    The one thing going in our favourite, despite the ridiculousness of our situation , LB is not proven in the championship as a manager, Bournemouth should have money, and will have their pick of managers.

If we had survived in the championship I’d have said maybe, perhaps , but why would you employ a manager that had just got a club relegated, if you yourself had got relegated, and needed an experienced hand with a track record of promotions.

Lees got his talk with whatever board / owners we’ve got in charge, next week.

They will need to convince him that his future lies here, and that we are going to bounce back.

If Lee walks, then this site will be in meltdown next week.
  • The one thing going in our favourite, despite the ridiculousness of our situation , LB is not proven in the championship as a manager, Bournemouth should have money, and will have their pick of managers.

If we had survived in the championship I’d have said maybe, perhaps , but why would you employ a manager that had just got a club relegated, if you yourself had got relegated, and needed an experienced hand with a track record of promotions.

They will need to convince him that his future lies here, and that we are going to bounce back.

I agree with us.  I expected Lee to go to Birmingham; now I think he will start next year without a club 
  • wmcf123 said:
    The one thing going in our favourite, despite the ridiculousness of our situation , LB is not proven in the championship as a manager, Bournemouth should have money, and will have their pick of managers.

I agree with us.  I expected Lee to go to Birmingham; now I think he will start next year without a club 
    He'll stay with us.
  • Personally I'm hoping LB stays with us and gets some backing (dreaming again) , but if we did go after EH that would require a dramatic up turn in our fortunes. 
  • Get out Lee for your health and family. Time for someone else to pick up the mantle and lead us out of this nightmare. 
  • I think LB talking to whoever the owners are will be quite revealing. If he stays after the talks surely he will have seen some proof of what they are planning. I cant see him listening to a load of bollocks without being shown proof. Alternatively if he walks then I think that will be confirmation of our fears