Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer Going?

Comments

• Nug said:
    Swisdom said:
    I understand Lee doesn’t WANT to leave but whether he does remains to be seen.

Maybe, just maybe, someone has given him a bit of reassurance?!

im ever the optimist
    He spoke highly of Elliott who by all accounts is a good guy. 
    Who by all accounts comes across as a good guy. 
    Actions, not words, maybe?
  • WSS said:
    As a player, Jackson captained us to relegation to the third tier.  That season was far more dismal than this.  He openly said the fault lay with him and the players, not Duchatelet.

Folk on this forum want him as manager because he is 'Mr Charlton'.  That is sentimental nonsense.  We should do far better than that.

Pochettino maybe?
    I think Simeone is after a new challenge
  • How about Matt Taylor at Exeter? I know they had an awful play off final experience but he seems to have made a decent start to management and might be a possible contender if Bowyer does go.
    I genuinely don't think any decent manager is a contender until we've sorted the ownership issue out. No decent manager already at a club is going to leave and come to us when we've got no official owner, no money and are under a transfer embargo.

We'd either be looking at promoting from within (either Jackson if he didn't follow bowyer or Euell, or failing that it'd be an out of work lower league boss desperate for a job.
  • I think the issue for Bows is more relegation than coping with the circus, he put up with last 2 years of nonsense. I feel he might just not want to go through battling to get out of league 1 one against all the odds when he has already proven he can do that. 
  • It's all been quiet on the playing/managerial front bearing in mind Leeds was nearly a week ago now. I imagine everyone is taking a well earned holiday to recharge their batteries to see what happens next off the field, both in terms of our shambolic ownership and with the EFL Wednesday investigations.

I've said it before, but I don't think Bowyer will be desperate to jump into another job. There's no need to for him to make any hasty decisions, if things collapse here, he'd be happy to wait for a decent opportunity, whereas if by some miracle we end up with decent and rich owners, he might fancy the challenge of building something again here.
  • Every Birmingham fan I’ve seen on social media has said they really don’t want Bowyer as their manager, strange really. I do think he will be a Championship manager next season though when the sackings start happening.
  • Every Birmingham fan I’ve seen on social media has said they really don’t want Bowyer as their manager, strange really. I do think he will be a Championship manager next season though when the sackings start happening.
    Or Wednesday get relegated 😂
  • Sponsored links:

To the average fan who might not look too deeply into our goings on, or know what circumstances Bowyer's had to work under, they'll just see a manager who got a team relegated.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I think the issue for Bows is more relegation than coping with the circus, he put up with last 2 years of nonsense. I feel he might just not want to go through battling to get out of league 1 one against all the odds when he has already proven he can do that. 

I actually feel the reverse. League One not an issue but the 'ownership' is.
    Absolutely. If they offered Bowyer the same budget and resources as Powell in 2011/2 he would be foolish to leave but we know that there zero chance of that happening.
  •  Bowyer with money and even a decent spine of a team would be dynamite ... sadly we will never see it
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I think the issue for Bows is more relegation than coping with the circus, he put up with last 2 years of nonsense. I feel he might just not want to go through battling to get out of league 1 one against all the odds when he has already proven he can do that. 

I actually feel the reverse. League One not an issue but the 'ownership' is.
    Agree. Bowyer would stay, I think, if Varney and Barclay came in and steadied the ship. 
  • Bowyer is having renovations done on his gaff, im pretty sure he'd prefer to not have to move.
  • shine166 said:
    Bowyer is having renovations done on his gaff, im pretty sure he'd prefer to not have to move.
    He's waiting to take over at Crystal Palace
  • If he did he would be hated more than Lyle Taylor.
  • your having a laugh 
  • iaitch said:
    If he did he would be hated more than Lyle Taylor.

I'm assuming you are joking right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit tongue in cheek but if he joined Palace then there would be a few more abusive comments.
  • I don't think there will be a long queue of suitors if Bowyer leaves, at least not at Champ level. Bowyer and all the rest of us will have to wait until the madhouse show that is CAFC a t m comes to a conclusion. That will then be the time to consider his future
    Or Wednesday get relegated 😂
  • edited July 2020
    An added time Barnsley goal against Brentford damaged his stock. That is football! He may have to build it back up with us.
  • Bowyer is more than likely to be gone but I wonder if when he goes and who he takes with him will depend on what happens to the club. 
    If a realistic and good rescue happens, and the eventual  owner(s) are willing to part with sensible money to see us flourish he might be up for that challenge. 
    If the club goes totally south he’ll likely be off and will take most of the back room with him. 
  • iaitch said:
    Bit tongue in cheek but if he joined Palace then there would be a few more abusive comments.
    The only rivals we have atm are those ruining our club
  • I always think that if a club is in doubt about appointing a manager, look to see if he has gained promotion/s and or a relegations. Bowyer's record in the Championship is one relegation, no promotions. His record in League One is one promotion, no relegations. So his record suggests, if you are not sure that he is a safer appointment in League One. 

I appreciate there are other factors at play, such as his budget and what happens in the background, but an unproven manager is a risk. There won't be a long queue. 
  • Are there actually any Championship clubs left (Bristol City and Birmingham exempt as they look set to appoint new managers) with a vacancy that Bowyer is likely to fill?

Guessing there will be a bit of a manager reshuffle at some point over the next couple of weeks but can't see it being a championship club that Bowyer leaves for as it stands.
  • edited July 2020
    The gauge is Birmingham fans. They don't seem to want him. He either goes back to his fishing or sorts out Charlton. If there is a Charlton to sort out?
  • Bowyer could have left Charlton this time last year after Roland told him he was not wanted but reinstated him 24hours later.

Bowyer knows what to expect and if Bowyer has anything in his body its the fight and love he has for our club.

Bowyer has not finished his work with Charlton as yet ,and i fill given the backing of loyal Charlton owners if and when that time comes he will be up for the fight once again.

Until he knows who the owners our he is very much a Charlton man thank goodness.