Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Going?

Comments

• Options
    I 100% think JJ would take the Charlton rather than leave with Bowyer. 
    Heard him telling Pratley on a train that he sees his future at Charlton, and turned down signing for another club so he could stay. He’s learned the ropes from LB, so he might be offered his dream job, albeit with the surrounding turmoil. 
  • Options
    @Redhenry had anything to say on this yet?
  • Options
    Any truth in the rumour that Lee has already informed the players that he is going and that Dillon has already been sold to keep the club afloat?
    These criminals don't own the club so pretty sure they won't be able to sell anyone
  • Options
    There is the question about being offered a suitably attractive job elsewhere first.
    Fishing lake in France is looking for a new manager
  • Options
    I know I’m clutching at straws here, but is there an official date for  a verdict on Chef Weds outcome?
    Wouldn't waste your time mate, it's not going to happen
  • Options
    Bowyer is gone , for sure ... he would be mad to stay... 

as is every asset that we have... we are an utterly broken club... no money, maniac in charge, a team of conmen having raped us, all queing up to do it again if possible.

no income, no crowds... 

It's utterly, totally and fully F****** F***** mate... 

And as fans we are exhausted and have no recourse, no clear action, bar illegal ones...

So, I'm incredibly optimistic about next year, we will piss it in. 

• Options
    mascot88 said:
    Bowyer is gone , for sure ... he would be mad to stay...
    as is every asset that we have... we are an utterly broken club... no money, maniac in charge, a team of conmen having raped us, all queing up to do it again if possible.

no income, no crowds... 

It's utterly, totally and fully F****** F***** mate... 

And as fans we are exhausted and have no recourse, no clear action, bar illegal ones...

So, I'm incredibly optimistic about next year, we will piss it in. 

The only thing that could potentially keep him here is he has a decent contract for another 3 years. His contract might put other clubs off him as they'd have to pay compensation, and with money tight for clubs now and a lot of out of work managers about, he may well get overlooked.

Might actually do us a favour if he gets overlooked for other championship jobs. Chris Hughton is rumoured to be getting the Bristol City job. Karanka is linked with the Birmingham job.

Once he's calmed down, had a holiday and had a think, he might decide if there are no other alternatives right now, that he won't walk away from us. The only problem is, i'm sure he doesn't need the money or the hassle.
  • Options
    It would not surprise me in the least if Bowyer goes but would love him to stay. I believe he is a Charlton man and, while I have been critical of some of his decisions over the past season, having an opinion is what fan forums are about. 
     I certainly believe the pros outweigh the cons. Please stay LB.

• Options
    Boardroom stability might go a long way towards him staying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of course Bowyer is going
  • Options
    Good luck lee, what you achieved with both arms tied behind your back was incredible....bit of luck this season we would have survived.....will be a bloddy lot easier  to stay in the championship next season than get out league 1.
  • Options
    I think Jackson would remain.
    Why ? No one in their right mind would stay at a club where you can’t sign players or offer contracts. He is part of Bowyers back room team now. So they will both go when they are offered the opportunity to not work for conmen. Hope he/they return one day ... 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Bowyer is the only link we the fans have had with the club, and has been since he took over.

The fantastic support home and away has been because Bowyer was our manager. Players and fans were all on his journey.

I will be more gutted if he leaves than I was at being relegated.
    Sums it up for me. Great post.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    shine166 said:
    Lee did say in a interview a couple days ago that dillon will be sold, cant remember the other 2 names. 
     "Bowyer" and "Phillips"
    Meh..be as pedantic as you like, neither will be here next season 
  • Options
    A slightly different perspective on the subject as I tried to get off to sleep last night...

I believe that Bow had no plans to enter the management side of the game until he was invited to take a look by Robinson.

Clearly he was bitten by the bug and liked what he saw when he renewed his relationship with his former club.

No need to explain the 2 way love story that soon developed but I question whether this scenario was uppermost in his mind when he popped into SE7 once again.

I,m not totally convinced that he,d have stepped up to take the somewhat poisoned chalice at any old club.

He,s now been well and truly immersed into football management but has this topsy turvy experience in far from normal circumstances increased his interest and desire for more or indeed is he already making plans to return to his Lake and  a less stressful life?
  • Options
    Would be curious to see how Jackson does if he is the man to replace Bowyer, especially as there are a few question marks about our defending and set pieces at times (arent they his remit?)

The biggest factor, even if Gallen stays, is the fact that Johnnie doesnt have the name in Football that Bowyer does

He's the reason we've been able to make some of the signings as his reputation proceeds him, was potentially the same with Chris Powell

Jackson on the other hand doesnt really have that same advantage
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    A slightly different perspective on the subject as I tried to get off to sleep last night...

I believe that Bow had no plans to enter the management side of the game until he was invited to take a look by Robinson.

Clearly he was bitten by the bug and liked what he saw when he renewed his relationship with his former club.

No need to explain the 2 way love story that soon developed but I question whether this scenario was uppermost in his mind when he popped into SE7 once again.

I,m not totally convinced that he,d have stepped up to take the somewhat poisoned chalice at any old club.

He,s now been well and truly immersed into football management but has this topsy turvy experience in far from normal circumstances increased his interest and desire for more or indeed is he already making plans to return to his Lake and  a less stressful life?
    Bowyer shouldn't be underestimated; in a sense he must have enjoyed the challenge of pitting his wits against managers with more experience and bigger budgets.

Retiring to his fishing lakes just isn't in character. He is a fighter, and has ambitions to do well as a manager.  Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely to be with us.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Would be curious to see how Jackson does if he is the man to replace Bowyer, especially as there are a few question marks about our defending and set pieces at times (arent they his remit?)

The biggest factor, even if Gallen stays, is the fact that Johnnie doesnt have the name in Football that Bowyer does

He's the reason we've been able to make some of the signings as his reputation proceeds him, was potentially the same with Chris Powell

There is no evidence whatsoever that Jackson has the strength of character or tactical ability to be a successful manager.  I would be deeply sceptical about appointing him.  Middlesbrough sacked former-player Woodgate when all looked doomed - and the wise old troubleshooter Warnock kept them up.

• Options
    If the Barclay/Varney thing happens, I can see him staying. This is going to have to happen quickly as he ain’t gonna hang around if these jokers still have their grubby paws on our club.
  • Options

There is no evidence whatsoever that Jackson has the strength of character or tactical ability to be a successful manager.  I would be deeply sceptical about appointing him.  Middlesbrough sacked former-player Woodgate when all looked doomed - and the wise old troubleshooter Warnock kept them up.
    Because Bowyer was clearly identified as having the strength of character and tactical ability to be a successful manager. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Because Bowyer was clearly identified as having the strength of character and tactical ability to be a successful manager. 
    Or Curbishley or Powell...

Every "proven" manager we've had since Curbs has been a flop!!
    I hate to say it, but this is an important point when people rubbish our managers in their first managerial jobs... 
  • Options
    I think Jackson would remain.
    Why ? No one in their right mind would stay at a club where you can’t sign players or offer contracts. He is part of Bowyers back room team now. So they will both go when they are offered the opportunity to not work for conmen. Hope he/they return one day ... 
    The sensible thing to do for Jackson would be leave if given the chance to depart with Bowyer but life is not always about sensible. Jackson wants to manage. We know that. He wants to manage Charlton. We know that too. I’m fairly confident that if the club is still around and Bowyer has gone then JJ will be very firm favourite to take the job. He’s settled in this neck of the woods and despite what might or might not be sensible I think that if Lee is off then our next manager will be Johnnie Jackson. 
  • Options
    Put yourself in LB's shoes. I've worked for companies that, for whatever reason, I have liked, but if a company was unstable and I was offered a way out, I would take it. So we can only hope that the ownership issues are resolved before a better offer comes in. 

It also comes down to what kind of team he is going to be able to assemble? You spend a lot of time at work - it's a lot easier with a decent team to work with. Does he want to be battling relegation with an uncompetitive team again next season?