Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Going?

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I was told the plan for Phillips was to go to West Brom as their second choice keeper if they went up.
    Shame for him to backup, could see him ending up like Elliott. If he leaves he should go where he's going to be first choice. 
    He still needs another year with us to develop, although he made some great saves this season that kept us in games, he made some errors that cost us. The goals scored by hull at home, millwall home, Birmingham away and Wigan at home (1st), he could have done better.

if he stays and plays or Plays another season in the championship he will develop into a very good premier league goal keeper. If he goes somewhere to sit on the bench, that’s where he will remain.
    I think your comments have a lot of merit but zero reality. Dillon was very poorly rewarded until quite recently and I doubt his wages are jaw  dropping now. Given the current situation at CAFC where should he stay he might not actually remain a professional footballer if we go tits up, he can choose to remain or go to a Premier League club on probably five times his wages. He will also feel that he has enough confidence in his own ability and will win the number one jersey. Goodbye and good luck Dillon. You’ve actually been a really good GK for us. Get out while the goings good.
    I typed it knowing the reality is zero, but it’s what he needs. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Honestly think hope that he'll be thinking the he's stuck with it this long, so might aswell see what happens over the next couple of weeks. 

When does the season get going again?
    7 weeks yesterday is the first game 
    Next 2 weeks are crucial then mate
    I know that's a running joke on here, but they really are. 
    The crucial 2 weeks ended at Leeds. We're fucked.

The next 2 years are crucial we could find ourselves in The National League by then.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Bowyer is the only link we the fans have had with the club, and has been since he took over.

The fantastic support home and away has been because Bowyer was our manager. Players and fans were all on his journey.

I will be more gutted if he leaves than I was at being relegated.
    Ditto
  • Options
    Twenty percent chance Bowyer will be here at the start of next season. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Bowyer is the only link we the fans have had with the club, and has been since he took over.

The fantastic support home and away has been because Bowyer was our manager. Players and fans were all on his journey.

I will be more gutted if he leaves than I was at being relegated.

Good post and true. Hope he stays.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    ?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    JamesSeed said:
    ?
    No inside info (as if!)
    Someone else posted zero chance, but I think his love of the club might make him stay if there’s a glimmer of hope...
    If he does leave, what decent manager would want to come here right now?
    Although I guess JJ would be favourite. 
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer will be gone by the start of the season and he’ll take Jacko, Marshall and Gallen with him. We’ll be left with Farkin Nuwhan at this club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Jackson would remain.
  • Options
    Let’s hope PV/AB are talking to him / getting word to him they want him around and asking him to sit tight for a few weeks if they think they can make  some headway with ESI. 

He needs more than a promise from PE that plans are in hand. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    ?
    No inside info (as if!)
    Someone else posted zero chance, but I think his love of the club might make him stay if there’s a glimmer of hope...
    If he does leave, what decent manager would want to come here right now?
    Although I guess JJ would be favourite. 
    The club means a lot to him, but he has left once already in very different circumstances, this time only the most ardent of supporters of the club would remain and for all of Bow's qualities he just simply looks like he has had enough and I don't blame him.

Players and Mangers can change club's, us supporters are stuck with our choice. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wonder if Bournemouth could look at Lee if Eddie Howe decides to leave. 
    Nearer to France.
    Quicker through the Chunnel with us than by boat from Poole or Pompey though 😉.
  • Options
    Please stay somehow Bow
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    20% chance of Charlton being here next season. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Loved Bowyer, he is a very good manager in the making and has done a great job for us. However, he is a custodian like the managers and the players before him. Our future will not be decided by Bowyer or any player it will be ultimately the next ownership that is the most important factor looking forward. 

We are in a financial crisis of epic proportions and regardless of who is the manager we need money and stability. In these times none of us can be sure we will receive either. 

Good luck to Bowyer in the future but right now I don’t care who the manager is or what players stay, we have much bigger issues to solve. Onwards and upwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think I can see him going to a much bigger club nearer France, like Jillingham.
  • Options
    I reckon Bowyer is waiting to see how this ownership unravels over the next few weeks first before making any decision 
    Wonder too if he'll wait for any EFL announcement on Sheffield Wednesday too

Bit like Lockyer's situation would be a bit silly if we lost either of them and then it got confirmed we were staying in the Championship

Not that I'm expecting it to happen in the slightest
  • Options
    I know I’m clutching at straws here, but is there an official date for  a verdict on Chef Weds outcome?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Lee Bowyer will be gone by the start of the season and he’ll take Jacko, Marshall and Gallen with him. We’ll be left with Farkin Nuwhan at this club
    Is Mr Nuwhan a mate of Nobby Vinegar?