Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic | Wed 22 July | 19.30pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Think Luton will beat Blackburn so im ignoring that one.

Barnsley away at Brentford and Wigan at home to Fulham. 2 teams that will go all out for automatics hopefully. We can lose and still stay up providing Barnsley and wigan dont beat these 2 automatic chasing teams.

I'm no Rachel riley but I think I have that right?
  • Options
    Screeds of coherent considered analysis plus a good helping of utter balderdash, just as there should be. Trouble is the result on the pitch is a trivial bit part at the nauseating horror show that is now masquerading as The Championship 
    Even in the unlikely event of a Charlton win, the club’s fate will be sealed in private by faceless unaccountable troglodytes who at best are craven incompetents and more likely shameless thieves. 
    In this context optimism and pessimism are both obsolete 
  • Options
    Naby smacks one in the top corner,we then get the pen & score then Bonne wraps it up
    with a deflection of his arse,to become top
    scorer over that over c&@t...

Cmon U Addicks...Let’s fucking do this...us against the world it seems,3-2 n we at least stay out of the bottom 3....
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Why do people think rarely scoring Luton are going to beat a resurging Blackburn?

Blackburn 10pts scoring 12 goals
    Luton's 13 pts scoring 8 goals arguably against weaker sides for the most part.

We've got 9pts with 6 goals. 
    Leeds have 19pts with 17 goals

They'll be overconfident forgetting the scraped 1-0's they had in there against Swansea and Barnsley not forgetting their 2-0 loss to Cardiff or even scraping a 1-1 with Luton.

We've got this boys. 2-1 win, it's going to happen. All our 'luck' for the season will be repaid in this one game. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why do people think rarely scoring Luton are going to beat a resurging Blackburn?

They'll be overconfident forgetting the scraped 1-0's they had in there against Swansea and Barnsley not forgetting their 2-0 loss to Cardiff.
    Luton looked very fragile against QPR

A win for them over Blackburn isnt guaranteed

And we've seen when Luton were in L2 under Nathan Jones that they know how to choke
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I'd rather be playing Leeds than Brentford and Fuhlam tonight. In all honesty, I'd rather be playing Blackburn at the Valley, but I thought they were the best team that came to the Valley this year. We don't know if they will match us for fight and desire. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

They'll be overconfident forgetting the scraped 1-0's they had in there against Swansea and Barnsley not forgetting their 2-0 loss to Cardiff or even scraping a 1-1 with Luton.

We've got this boys. 2-1 win, it's going to happen. All our 'luck' for the season will be repaid in this one game. 
    I read that Tony "we should be beating teams like Charlton Athletic" Mowbray is going to use their game against Luton as an opportunity to try out some of the younger players. Not a dead cert which way it will go but I won't be at all surprised if Luton come away with the 3 points.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    CAFCOlly said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I read that Tony "we should be beating teams like Charlton Athletic" Mowbray is going to use their game against Luton as an opportunity to try out some of the younger players. Not a dead cert which way it will go but I won't be at all surprised if Luton come away with the 3 points. 
    Fortunately we will beat Leeds 2-1 and it won't matter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Blackburn might bear Luton you know, if they do I think that will be that , an early goal for us tonight would be a massive kick between the legs for some of the teams below who need us to lose to have any chance and might just knock the fight out them. 
  • Options
    Absolutely no idea about all tonight's games but as the immortal Greavsie was want to say...

• Options
    It really is a tough call today, hoping(puts my rose tinted specs on!) we sneak a 0-1 win backs against the wall jobbie. Failing that all the other teams lose and happy ever after  ;)
  • Options
    Leeds want to go out in style. Don't think they're going to take their foot off the gas 
  • Options
    Couldn't sleep last night because of this game and doubt I'll sleep well tonight either. Proper bricking it. Please just get the job done one way or another boys.

I had a nightmare last night.

It was 0-0 and we let in a last minute goal. At 0-0 we were safe but not if we conceded. In my dream I screamed 'nooooooooo' and woke myself up.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yes, Golfie's recent posts, remind me of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers",  a great film.
  • Options
    Relegation will all boil down to who has the most consistent lawyer at this level.  

Atticus Finch: still the best defender.
    Michael Mansfield: prefers to play on left.
    Clive Anderson: comedic defending
    Clive Reader: Silky skills
    Saul Goodman: just call for Saul
    Ironside: sits in Midfield
    James Steel: brings law and order.
    Harvey Specter: suits him to play up front.
    Kavanagh: top performer.
    Rumpole: overweight but cunning delivery.
    Perry Mason: Mr Consistent.

Judge John Deed: on the Bench.

• Options
    Think Luton will beat Blackburn so im ignoring that one.

Barnsley away at Brentford and Wigan at home to Fulham. 2 teams that will go all out for automatics hopefully. We can lose and still stay up providing Barnsley and wigan dont beat these 2 automatic chasing teams.

I'm no Rachel riley but I think I have that right?
    Rachel Riley does maths that isn't based on someone changing the question after the programme is finished. Wigan will be far above us at the end of the season whatever the results.

Luton will probably win so we have to too. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Time for a someone to score a screamer tonight. A defender or midfielder running into a bit of space  and having a go from 25 yards

Yes out shooting from range isn't great, but if you don't try you'll never score. It might take a lucky deflection - it's hardly surprising we never seem to get them if we don't chance our arm
    It's easier to defend when the other team counters if you shoot from range as fewer players are out of position, unlike when you overload a short passing move.
    You can easily become predictable and slow though when you attack, or fall into the "Wenger Arsenal" trait of trying to score the perfect goal, trying to make a slide rule pass into the box

Have a whack form the edge of the box, it might loop off a defender into the net
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Of the 4 teams, I reckon one will probably be hammered, I think that will be Barnsley, I think Hull will narrowly lose

I can see Luton drawing and I think Wigan will win, Fulham haven't really convinced me but hope I'm wrong 

I've no gut feeling on ourselves, I feel it will be a draw but Leeds could easily blow us out of the water, a lot of it will be down to player nerves and their mentality
  • Options
    not predicting results but it would be just the Charlton way for us to just stay up due to Wigan's point deduction only for that to be later rescinded and us relegated in their place.
  • Options
    Oh bloody hell. I've just realised it's a 19h30 GMT kick off. I was expecting the agony to be almost over by then!
  • Options
    5 hours and 13 mins, not that im counting much :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Ooops just seen i pressed save comment twice...🙄
  • Options
    I am doing my best to stay calm right now, and would like to thank everyone involved with their predictions and previews.

As long as there's football to be played there is hope.
  • Options
    Does doom, despair, agony and heartache awaits us yet again ?
  • Options
    Oh bloody hell. I've just realised it's a 19h30 GMT kick off. I was expecting the agony to be almost over by then!
    It'll be over by 19:35 when we're 2-0 behind and down to 9 men  ;)
  • Options
    It'll be over by 19:35 when we're 2-0 behind and down to 9 men  ;)
    Nah by 19:40 we'll grab a goal back and for 80mins will wonder if we can do it

Suddenly right at the death Bonne will pop up and score an equaliser yet as we celebrate Luton and Barnsley will each make their games 1-0 with the last kick of the game