Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic | Wed 22 July | 19.30pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Although I'm a miserable sod and recovering pessimist I can't fail to notice that since the news that probably feck all is going to happen this side of fecking never to Wigan /Sheffy and Derby that the mood has swung to negative thoughts...just shows how the people in charge of our beautiful game can really feck you over... Complete basterds! 
  • Options
    Leeds’ record league win is 8-0 and I think they’ll surpass that.

Their record attendance is 57,892 and I also think that will be beaten, helped by an army of away numbers.
  • Options
    Leeds may have beaten Wayne Rooney's Derby on Sunday, but Derby have been very poor recently and had nothing to play for. A "fancied" team missing the playoffs is unlikely to have been very motivated, whereas we will be. I expect the game to be tight as a result

I hope we keep the same formation and as much of the side that played Wigan as possible
  • Options
    1 - 0 to CAFC midway through the second half Sarr from a corner. 
  • Options
    I don’t want to see Hemed. I’ve seen enough of him this season. Davison to start for me and Aneke to come on at some point. I think we can win this. I keep remembering Reza’s goal winning this one for us in 2014. COYR!!
    Not to mention the Hamer penalty save against McCormack in the same game...
  • Options
    I'm hoping the Leeds players are still in the pub. Nice and hungover come Wednesday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just hope our players have learnt a lesson over the past few games.
    1. When opposition shoots from long range, the defence to get as near to Dillon as possible in case he knocks it away instead of catching it and get there before the opposition
    2. When opposition strikers get near the goal line awaiting a pass, get between them and the goal line
    3.Do not play with the ball in your own penalty area, if no clear pass on, just boot it up field, we do not need lovely passing in this game.
    4. CB do not stand next to each other when defending marking one player
    5. LB do not make too many subs in one go, it disrupts our play

If anyone can think of any more, I would be interested
  • Options
    8 games at Elland Road since they last beat us. 3 wins and 5 draws.
  • Options
    Leeds 4 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    Can't see Leeds taking this game lightly and although they played yesterday  , they were back in training this morning  . I would keep the same team that played Wigan ,injuries permitting  . Exactly the sort of game we have thrived on during my time supporting Charlton makes me hopeful of getting something from this  .
  • Options
    I think we will lose but so will Barnsley at Brentford and Wigan will draw with Fulham.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Sage said:
    I know my comment the other day was similar to Lyle Taylor's decision to not play for us

But its why I question if Leeds players will be fully up for the game on Wednesday - Why go full blooded into tackles when you could be blowing your chance at the Premier League in just a few weeks?

Being out for that length of time you have to wonder even if Berardi's chance has gone as Leeds will need to find a new Centre-Back etc. 
  • Options
    Leeds 1 Charlton 0 but we will be saved (hopefully) by Wigan & Barnsley failing to beat Fulham and Brentford respectfully.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    I know my comment the other day was similar to Lyle Taylor's decision to not play for us

But its why I question if Leeds players will be fully up for the game on Wednesday - Why go full blooded into tackles when you could be blowing your chance at the Premier League in just a few weeks?

Being out for that length of time you have to wonder even if Berardi's chance has gone as Leeds will need to find a new Centre-Back etc. 
    You're right about that. There's no way he will recover and be able to get up to Bielsa levels of fitness anytime before the start of 21/22.
  • Options
    Will be in Tenerife when this game is going on, was planning to watch this on mobile but think I'll just look at the scores after the games have long finished. Even then, it's becoming increasingly clear that come 22.15 on Wednesday, we're not likely to be any the wiser about whether we've survived or not.

It's been mentioned already but Sunday was likely a harsh lesson for Leeds players that trying to end the season on a high could come at serious personal cost. We showed enough fight against Wigan and hopefully can take that same spirit to Elland Road to get it over the line. 

• Options
    MrLargo said:

I'm too young to remember 1990

Stewards..........always had MrLargo down as a similar age to myself, as in late 40’s early 50’s .... but I’m feeling deja vu writing this, my poxy memory is shot to bits !!
  • Options
    Having been at both relegation battles at St Andrews in 87 & Stamford Bridge in 88, I think this game is going to match those two for tension/nerves/anxiety. It’s not going to be pretty but I hope the 16 players give their all & make us proud - regardless of the outcome.

• Options
    Sage said:

The thought of missing the start of PL season WILL be on their minds, however professional they try to be, especially as the turnaround is so short. The 5% drop in commitment is something we can hopefully use to our advantage

It's about time we got another lucky result too. Since the restart we haven't had the rub of the green, whether the bounce of the ball or 50/50 penalty decisions. 

• Options
    philcafc said:
    Leeds 1 Charlton 0 but we will be saved (hopefully) by Wigan & Barnsley failing to beat Fulham and Brentford respectfully.
    We also need Luton to lose
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    We also need Luton to lose
    Not if Wigan dont win

But then we have to wait and twiddle our thumbs for any appeal to be rejected as if they won that then we'd be relegated 
  • Options
    Is Peter Shirtliff fit? https://youtu.be/rWY_hlJowno