Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic | Wed 22 July | 19.30pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I'm crossing my fingers for Barnsley and Wigan to lose... Honestly think Luton will beat Blackburn..

As for us I think it will depend on the first 30 minutes... If we can survive that then we might have a chance of only losing by five goals🤣.

Sorry, reduced now to nervy laughter....

• Options
    My impression of the "on the beach teams" from watching Saturday's EFL highlights is that while they made defensive mistakes, they also had a lot more attacking freedom. Both QPR and Blackburn scored 4 on Saturday, and let in 3!

On that basis, I would expect Luton to score against Blackburn, but also concede...
  • Options
    I'm crossing my fingers for Barnsley and Wigan to lose... Honestly think Luton will beat Blackburn..

As for us I think it will depend on the first 30 minutes... If we can survive that then we might have a chance of only losing by five goals🤣.

Even if Wigan lose we can't celebrate until their appeal is heard on July 31st
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Even if Wigan lose we can't celebrate until their appeal is heard on July 31st
    Okay nervy laughter just increased ten fold... Thanks for that! 
  • Options
    I would like to see Aneke start.
  • Options
    Not a lot ever goes our way? The Barnsley late winner and the same for Luton makes Weds even tougher. Leeds will not want to sign off with anything but a win and our patched up team may well struggle. 3-0 to Leeds and I just hope we have some luck with other scores to keep us up. Believe and keep the faith.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I would like to see Aneke start.
    ....on the bench.

Finished it for you. 😉
  • Options
    Watching the Watford v Man City game, (no clues), but it looks like how I imagine our game will go tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Watching the Watford v Man City game, (no clues), but it looks like how I imagine our game will go tomorrow
    Will Leeds have 80% possession?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Will Leeds have 80% possession?
    Hope so, we do well when the opposition have most possession
  • Options
    Leeds will be slightly on the beach tomorrow

City aren't as they still have the CL to come
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Unfortunately, they will probably play better football on the beach than us on the grass
  • Options
    So with us probably having to forget Wigan because let's be honest the EFL will do the opposite of what we want therefore we must win at Bellend Rd OR match Luton and hope Barcelona Barnsley lose or draw...

What a set of horrible options.... But better than ppg I suppose.... 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Unfortunatley, they will probably play better football on the beach than us on the grass
    We beat them at the valley, they're not unbeatable 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Unfortunatley, they will probably play better football on the beach than us on the grass
    We beat them at the valley, they're not unbeatable 
    But we cannot win either
  • Options
    Just like the Wigan game I honestly dont hold out much hope but I said through rose tinted glasses 2-2 then so I'm going that score again, surely life cant be that cruel for us to fall at the last hurdle
  • Options
    Building up to this game reminds me of the playoff final in 1987. We are fourth from bottom and we must win ( because we cannot rely on the other results. )
    The difference is that that year both teams were determined to win. 
    Our players need to show the Leeds players just how determined they are that they are willing to put their bodies on the line to the point of getting hurt to succeed. It needs to be apparent to the Leeds players just what they need to do to win this match. Are they prepared to go that far? I would love to think that players like Jason Pearce will be whispering in the ear of the Leeds centre forwards: 'you better not be trying anything flash this match mate otherwise I should kick you so hard you won't be playing in your bloody precious Premier League.' or 'come the 95th minute and I shall bloody break your f****** leg if you try that again.' 'you won't even come close to making a Premier League appearance, you'll be too bloody crocked.'
    We need to put the wind up them like dirty Leeds did in the 70s. A bit of Vinny Jones in a Charlton shirt but be clever about it, like scraping their ankles at a corner, grabbing their balls, tugging at their ears. Another player distracts the referees attention of course whilst doing this.
    Get the job done. Do it dirty if necessary. Make it from the start so they don't fancy it.
    And FFS don't defend a goal lead. Go for another. Funny how the teams letting in all these late goals are the defending teams. There are not so many goals scored on the (over feared) break. Attack both football wise and literally. Play by the sword and kill by the sword.
  • Options
    Let's  NOW all get fully behind Lee B, JJ, Steve Gallen and their Team of Warriors who have battled bravely against all odds, not least the off-pitch shocking, scandalous shambles. One last HUGE Push, bodies on the line, to get this campaign finally Over the Line and grab Championship Safety. Give it everything you've got 'til the fat lady sings', Lads...COYR like never before...let's now grab the brass ring!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Building up to this game reminds me of the playoff final in 1987. We are fourth from bottom and we must win ( because we cannot rely on the other results. )
    Our players need to show the Leeds players just how determined they are that they are willing to put their bodies on the line to the point of getting hurt to succeed. It needs to be apparent to the Leeds players just what they need to do to win this match. Are they prepared to go that far? I would love to think that players like Jason Pearce will be whispering in the ear of the Leeds centre forwards: 'you better not be trying anything flash this match mate otherwise I should kick you so hard you won't be playing in your bloody precious Premier League.' or 'come the 95th minute and I shall bloody break your f****** leg if you try that again.' 'you won't even come close to making a Premier League appearance, you'll be too bloody crocked.'
    We need to put the wind up them like dirty Leeds did in the 70s. A bit of Vinny Jones in a Charlton shirt but be clever about it, like scraping their ankles at a corner, grabbing their balls, tugging at their ears. Another player distracts the referees attention of course whilst doing this.
    Get the job done. Do it dirty if necessary. Make it from the start so they don't fancy it.
    And FFS don't defend a goal lead. Go for another. Funny how the teams letting in all these late goals are the defending teams. There are not so many goals scored on the (over feared) break. Attack both football wise and literally. Play by the sword and kill by the sword.
    OH FFS JIMMY DONT WIND THEM UP !!!! That all we need Leeds ready for a scrap lol I would rather a boring kick about and nobody getting near either penalty area lol
  • Options
    Marcelo Bielsa has said that he will not be taking this game lightly and has to respect the competition. He won’t be playing a weakened side, so fully expect to see the players who were rested on Sunday to play tomorrow.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    OH FFS JIMMY DONT WIND THEM UP !!!! That all we need Leeds ready for a scrap lol I would rather a boring kick about and nobody getting near either penalty area lol
    Fine if they want a boring kick about. Maybe you're right in that our players should wait and see. If the Leeds players get playing like they mean it, then we should do as I suggest. But we need to be clever. Substitute those on a yellow. Be prepared to get a punch so that they get a red. 
    Let them realise that we're angry. Our club hasn't got a pot to piss in, may not even have a league to play in if we lose. Our players may not have a contract, either at Charlton or anywhere because of covid19 if we don't stay up.  Tell  them in no uncertain terms that if they dare to even try to score that they risk not ever seeing their namby pampy pissing Premier League. I think you get the idea!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Fine if they want a boring kick about. Maybe you're right in that our players should wait and see. If the Leeds players get playing like they mean it, then we should do as I suggest. But we need to be clever. Substitute those on a yellow. Be prepared to get a punch so that they get a red. 
    Let them realise that we're angry. Our club hasn't got a pot to piss in, may not even have a league to play in if we lose. Our players may not have a contract, either at Charlton or anywhere because of covid19 if we don't stay up.  Tell  them in no uncertain terms that if they dare to even try to score that they risk not ever seeing their namby pampy pissing Premier League. I think you get the idea!
    I was only messing Jimmy. I like you want the players to do whatever they need to do to get some kind of result. Although not if the gameplan is to defend for 90 mins lol. On a serious note I obviously dont have a clue of how we can win this one but I'm 100% sure that every player of ours our there will be giving their all ands that's all we can ask
  • Options
    Couldn't sleep last night because of this game and doubt I'll sleep well tonight either. Proper bricking it. Please just get the job done one way or another boys.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Just watched the Villa match as if I was a Villa supporter as practice for tomorrow night. That was physically awful. The misses to go two up. Arsenal hitting the post, and then the long four minutes of extra time with a bit extra just to give the Arsenal another chance.
    Long day tomorrow.
  • Options
    JFC is available for the squad, that's good news!