Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan financial woes - up for sale again? p40

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    Could Wigan wriggle out of this?
    No chance, reckon it opens too big a can of worms
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Could Wigan wriggle out of this?
    He provided a few words that did little to nothing to explain their behaviour. Worthless IMO
  • Options
    There was a comment on twitter today; apparently Jim White has compared the Newcastle takeover to the situations @ Wigan and Bury
    That's because he's a raging hard, musky, sti ridden bellend of a human being
  • Options
    There was a comment on twitter today; apparently Jim White has compared the Newcastle takeover to the situations @ Wigan and Bury
    Jim White wants the Toon fans to think they’re in danger of going out of business. 
    He’s a journalist that feeds on sensationalist bollocks.
    There’s nothing personal in it, he just tries to make every story, regardless of how interesting it is, into this generation’s JFK assassination.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    That's because he's a raging hard, musky, sti ridden bellend of a human being

He speaks highly of you.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Jim White wants the Toon fans to think they’re in danger of going out of business. 
    He’s a journalist that feeds on sensationalist bollocks.
    There’s nothing personal in it, he just tries to make every story, regardless of how interesting it is, into this generation’s JFK assassination.

Sorry but I don't agree and I think you are taking it way too far.

Journalist??
    I set ‘em up, you knock ‘em outta the park!
    😂
  • Options

independent Disciplinary Commission, appointed under EFL Regulations, has ruled that Sheffield Wednesday will receive a 12 point deduction for breaching the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules for the three season reporting period ending with Season 2017/18.

The sporting sanction will take effect in season 2020/21.

The Club was charged in November 2019 and referred to an independent Disciplinary Commission, which conducted a full hearing at the end of June 2020, before finding the Club guilty based on the fact that the Club should not have included profits from the sale of Hillsborough Stadium in the Club’s financial statements for the period ending July 2018.

The Club was found not guilty of a further charge of breaching its duty of utmost good faith to the EFL by deliberately concealing information from the League in respect of filings made in respect of the Profitability and Sustainability Rules.

• Options
    stonemuse said:

independent Disciplinary Commission, appointed under EFL Regulations, has ruled that Sheffield Wednesday will receive a 12 point deduction for breaching the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules for the three season reporting period ending with Season 2017/18.

The sporting sanction will take effect in season 2020/21.

The Club was charged in November 2019 and referred to an independent Disciplinary Commission, which conducted a full hearing at the end of June 2020, before finding the Club guilty based on the fact that the Club should not have included profits from the sale of Hillsborough Stadium in the Club’s financial statements for the period ending July 2018.

The Club was found not guilty of a further charge of breaching its duty of utmost good faith to the EFL by deliberately concealing information from the League in respect of filings made in respect of the Profitability and Sustainability Rules.

You can clearly make it up as you go along.... anyone got a taxi number?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the hope that any negative press for the EFL is drowned out by all the excitement over the playoff final result...
  • Options
    Hope they get away with it just to see Barnsley's reaction.
  • Options
    Their appeal will fail simply because a lawsuit from them is far easier to defend than one from Barnsley
  • Options
    4pm been and gone and no result yet that I can see.
  • Options
    I know it's only an hour but it is amazing how everything at the EFL is always late

Can they not do anything on time? If they did not get their heads stuck into the trough at lunch and wash it down with wine and finish off with a couple of brandy’s every day they could maybe do some work.
    Incompetent twats.
  • Options
    They are probably looking at each other right now like deer in a car headlights...
  • Options
    I think that's a wum

In any case it's not hard to guess that the appeal will fail. Feel sorry for Wigan fans living in hope right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that's a wum

In any case it's not hard to guess that the appeal will fail. Feel sorry for Wigan fans living in hope right now.
    Bio says he's journalist for the Mirror... So your probably right
  • Options
    Appeal rejected, down with the addicks
  • Options

The Tribunal has deliberated over the last few days on the evidence presented at Friday’s appeal against the 12-point deduction.

The Tribunal has ruled that the appeal has not been successful.

The club put forward a strong case and naturally we are disappointed at the decision.

The first team management will now prepare the team for next season’s Sky Bet League One campaign.

No detailed reasoning behind the decision is available yet, but we will post further information at the appropriate time.

• Options
    Fecking English Fraud League!!!

Thats a shocking decision knowing everything that happened to them... We have no chance even if we had O J Simpsons lawyer!

Not fit for purpose

Shane on you. 
  • Options
    Well this line is a bit interesting:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53649840

In a statement, the English Football League added: "The decision of the arbitration panel is final and legally binding.

So in that case the independant panel's decision against Sheffield Wednesday is also binding?

And to top it off didnt the EFL appeal against the panel's decision in the Birmingham City case, asking for a bigger points deduction?
  • Options
    Well this line is a bit interesting:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53649840

In a statement, the English Football League added: "The decision of the arbitration panel is final and legally binding.

So in that case the independant panel's decision against Sheffield Wednesday is also binding?

And to top it off didnt the EFL appeal against the panel's decision in the Birmingham City case, asking for a bigger points deduction?
    I think that they appealed the independent panel decision to arbitration panel who have upheld the original decision.

All dealt with quickly, which begs the question wtf happened with Sheffield Wednesday. One can’t help but think that all those that say that some are on the take may have a point.
  • Options
    In are case we will be take court action not going via a appeal as only the EFL and or Sheffield Wednesday can appeal the decision. I guess that Charlton would be arguing that some thing like a derogation of a duty of fairness and administration of the league rules. 
  • Options
    I presume one would argue that, with Wigan’s appeal failure - the league have set in stone their Precedent of punishment to happen within the season! 

Surely this could help us 
  • Options
    Perhaps someone could answer this one for me...

Sheffield Wednesday fans are claiming that their punishment has been delayed until next season because their points deduction was given after the season had ended.

Well as per the EFL's statement, Wigan didnt get their points deduction until AFTER the Fulham game so the season had also ended...