Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan financial woes - up for sale again? p40

1414243444547»

Comments

• Options
    swordfish said:
    Scoham said:
    Wasn’t long ago we were wondering how they got lucky with a wealthy ambitious ownership and we got TS.
    I still find it odd that administration is viewed so positively by so many. Guaranteed negatives. No guaranteed positives!
    Well said.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Sounds like one of the co-owners of the Wigan Warriors wants to do a deal 

If the proposed purchase includes the ground, that could make life interesting for them with the league rule about having fixture priority. That's quite hard to insist on if the club you share with are a bigger name and share ownership of the ground.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Who is Mike Danson?

edit* Wigan born Billionaire!
  • Options
    All requisite clearances have been obtained from the English Football League “EFL”.

That's quick? 
  • Options
    Seems like when you are on the brink everyone works a lot harder to get things done.

No idea when Mr Danson made his original offer but it took Sandgaard over 5 months to agree a deal.....seems like Wigan took 5 days.
  • Options
    Seems like when you are on the brink everyone works a lot harder to get things done.

No idea when Mr Danson made his original offer but it took Sandgaard over 5 months to agree a deal.....seems like Wigan took 5 days.
    Or they do a less thorough check?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Sounds like one of the co-owners of the Wigan Warriors wants to do a deal 

If this local businessman chappie buys the club and the ground will he rename it Danson Park?
    Now he's in the business of football, he'll be Danson with wolves.

Sorry, that was a Ted/tad awful.

(That was even worse)
  • Options
    Happy for them but hope they don't go out altering the league by paying over the odds again.
  • Options

I would imagine that one England-based person buying everything up in one go would be a much easier and quicker process than a consortium of multiple nationalities buying part of a club and negotiating with a third party over terms regarding the rest.

The (former) Wigan owners probably just wanted to get rid too instead of trying to maximise the price a la Sandgaard.

It's not all that surprising honestly.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

I would imagine that one England-based person buying everything up in one go would be a much easier and quicker process than a consortium of multiple nationalities buying part of a club and negotiating with a third party over terms regarding the rest.

The (former) Wigan owners probably just wanted to get rid too instead of trying to maximise the price a la Sandgaard.

It's not all that surprising honestly.
    Add in that he’s already a major stakeholder of another local sports club, founder & CEO of an AIM Listed company and also The New Statesman. Had the backing of local MP and the Mayor. Easy one for the EFL to get out of the way, once he’d also lodged the funds required. 
  • Options
    Wigan away in September is on the international weekend. Looking to plan ahead. I reckon we might have 2 international players in camara and Thomas. I know we need 3 players to potentially be called off but could Wigan also have some players going away. How late will they tell us about rearranging. 
  • Options
    Wigan away in September is on the international weekend. Looking to plan ahead. I reckon we might have 2 international players in camara and Thomas. I know we need 3 players to potentially be called off but could Wigan also have some players going away. How late will they tell us about rearranging. 

Normally 2 weeks before the International game in question.
  • Options
    Too late!
  • Options

Normally 2 weeks before the International game in question.
    Thanks