Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan financial woes - up for sale again? p40

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020

Wigan Athletic: Administrators confident a deal to sell club can go ahead

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53932948

I am sure I heard on SSN that a new buyer would have to pay £4m for the stadium and training ground, makes our ones look expensive
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I am sure I heard on SSN that a new buyer would have to pay £5m for the stadium and training ground, makes our ones look expensive
    I think they've already sold the training ground to PNE
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I am sure I heard on SSN that a new buyer would have to pay £5m for the stadium and training ground, makes our ones look expensive
    Its why I think there should be an independent commission that oversees the sale of Football clubs here in the UK

Need something brought in so they cant be sold for £1 (letting chancers in) yet stopping others from holding them to ransom
  • Options
    The Euxton training ground backs onto the development I used to live on (and am moving back to next month). Its a pretty nice part of the Northwest - one of the rare places that affordable housing and private housing sits side by side without any major issues. The ground is, however, Euxton in name only - its basically Chorley (200 yards down the hill from Chorley A&E)

It's regularly been mooted for development in the future - can't believe its being passed around from club to club - with the amount of new developments round here in the last few years its got to be prime for re-zoning
  • Options
    Just reading the incentives they are offering to people who donate either £250 £500 or £1,000, nice if younare a fan who can afford those amounts

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-wigan-athletic
  • Options
    Just reading the incentives they are offering to people who donate either £250 £500 or £1,000, nice if younare a fan who can afford those amounts

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-wigan-athletic
    Yeah they're impressive "rewards" if you can stump up £1,000, even the others arent bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have done really well, 87% of £500,000 raised! Good luck WASC
    I'm not knocking those who contributed or the laudable aims of those who organised this, but isn't £500,000 just a drop in the ocean for getting Wigan out of admin?
  • Options
    Wish we could do a crowdfunder to get shot of ESI!
  • Options
    I'm not knocking those who contributed or the laudable aims of those who organised this, but isn't £500,000 just a drop in the ocean for getting Wigan out of admin?
    I believe this is to ensure fans will have a seat at the table moving forward. 
  • Options
    I believe this is to ensure fans will have a seat at the table moving forward. 
    Make mine a high chair.
  • Options
    Sorry only caught tail end, but someone who was involved with Barnsley is one of the bidders to takeover Wigan
  • Options
    Isnt the deadline tomorrow
  • Options
    Brilliant. Good luck to the WASC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wigan administrator wants £3M for the DW Stadium. While it's obviously not in Kensington, a bit of perspective on Roland's price.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Ferryman said:
    Wigan administrator wants £3M for the DW Stadium. While it's obviously not in Kensington, a bit of perspective on Roland's price.
    Interesting, average price of a flat in nearby roads seems to be about 100-110k.

Roads around the Valley appear to be 3x that on average, but new builds always put a premium on, especially ones in London by a commuter route, so expect a decent flat built on The Valley to set you back 450-500k. That would put Wigan's £3m estimate (selling cheaper than market value to ensure a deal) as quite low, and RD's probable 20m as slightly too high, I'd say Wigan for £5m and The Valley for £15m is more on the money
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ferryman said:
    Interesting, average price of a flat in nearby roads seems to be about 100-110k.

Roads around the Valley appear to be 3x that on average, but new builds always put a premium on, especially ones in London by a commuter route, so expect a decent flat built on The Valley to set you back 450-500k. That would put Wigan's £3m estimate (selling cheaper than market value to ensure a deal) as quite low, and RD's probable 20m as slightly too high, I'd say Wigan for £5m and The Valley for £15m is more on the money
    Blimey I thought I was on the Wimbledon thread and thought where you getting a flat in Wimbledon for £110000.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ferryman said:

Way too simplistic I am afraid.

What is the footprint of both stadiums?

What would be the density of build you could put on both sites?

Most importantly, costs to build have a floor so if you are developing low valie homes then the cost of actually building them will be a higher % of their value and hence the land will be commensurably less valuable as developers will all wish to get 20% + profit margins.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ferryman said:

Way too simplistic I am afraid.

What is the footprint of both stadiums?

What would be the density of build you could put on both sites?

Most importantly, costs to build have a floor so if you are developing low valie homes then the cost of actually building them will be a higher % of their value and hence the land will be commensurably less valuable as developers will all wish to get 20% + profit margins.
    You are also forgetting the one big issue......its a firesale. The administrator is looking to get what he can get now. Quickly. Stadium is probably worth 3 times that. 
  • Options
    Preston have finalised their buy of Wigan training ground
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Preston have finalised their buy of Wigan training ground.
    Didn't they buy it off of Bolton when they were in administration? 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    ross1 said:
    Preston have finalised their buy of Wigan training ground.
    Didn't they buy it off of Bolton when they were in administration? 
    Yes, it's had 3 owners in a year or so
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Until Defoe got deeply involved with the young lad at Sunderland who sadly died I thought  he was an arse because  he refused to play in a cup game for Portsmouth before moving to Spurs and because Happy Harry stole him from us. 

Now I see him as a decent bloke and a proper fan of football everywhere. 👏👏👏
    I still hate Defoe with a passion, but that is a great gesture. Fair play to him.