Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited September 2020
    Chunes said:
    Baffled by the "get rid of Bonne" comments, and the way 11 goals in 33 Championship games is a sign that he's not good enough for L1. Especially as his goal scoring ratio compared favourably to most other strikers in the division
    Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen and a quite a few of other club scouts must be idiots for rating him. All this time they could have consulted the football experts on Charlton Life and found out that he’s in fact terrible. 

Not only have they worked out something Bowyer and his staff couldn’t, these experts are also able to sign a younger, better striker who is guaranteed to get 20+ goals a season. It’s a shame football clubs neglect all this grassroots scouting on Internet forums, they almost certainly know better than the professionals.

Sarcasm to one side, there’s a nice middle ground between “Bonne will get 25 goals this season guaranteed” and “Bonne is terrible we should accept any offer we get”. 
    If we do now sell Bonne it will be because Gallen, Bowyer et all don't rate him as much as everyone on here does, and the #BigBonneFanClub will have to eat it.

When Bowyer is saying we need to sign a goalscorer because we can't keep missing chance after chance, that's not a endorsement of Bonne's position in the team. That is Bonne's only role in the team.
    how many chances did he miss last game?

Just a reminder last season he played 26 matches, only had the service for 51 shots and was on target with 23. 15 were off target and 13 were blocked. 

Of those 23 on target he scored 11. 

With a goalscoring rate of 1 goal every 5 shots, he's locked on to score in his next game AND if we can get Maddison he could be the key to unlocking Bonne's goalscoring. 

Obviously if there's an 'oven ready' deal for a striker that can perform better than that I say go for it Bow's we trust you. 
  • Haven't read the 100s of pages, but with us being cafc in the league we are in and with the wage cap, surely we can convince  the best striker in the league below or even this league to come with the promise of a bright future and champs footy?! 

We believe gallen! We believe! 
  • thenewbie said:
    All Bonne really brings to the team is being a goal scorer, so when for whatever reason he's not scoring goals he's a passenger.

I would like to keep him as I think he will be fine once he gets that first goal but at the moment there's no goals coming from midfield either and Washington is not (historically) a particularly efficient finisher so it's hard to see where goals are coming from.

Bonne should only be sold if whoever replaces him is indisputably an improvement as we cannot afford (literally or figuratively) to gamble on potential at the moment.
    But is that Bonne's fault for not taking chances, or is it the fault of the rest of the team for not creating him chances?

Washington himself has only really had three chances to score this season, thankfully he's taken two of them

Strikers being blamed for our lack of goals at the moment is the most one dimensional view somone can have at the moment, especially as neither are the sort of player that can create goals themselves and its even harder to look for a Striker, especially at this level, that can create goals out of nothing for themselves - To get promotion you need a team that plays as a unit, defence gets it to the midfield, midfield gets it to the strikers... Of course its not that straight forward but football isnt a complicated game

As Appleton said afterwards on Sunday, why the hell were we playing long balls to two Strikers whose best attributes arent in the air... Was that down to Bowyer for teaching them that way? - I dont think so because for the majority of the time its not the way we're setup... Or was it down to Lincoln themselves who have their own job of not just trying to score but to stop us from scoring too
  • Bonne isn't great - his first touch often lets him down and he comes over as a bit clumsy - and also he's been playing up top on his own (or last game with Washington who is new to him).  Personally I think he is more of a hold-up striker and would really benefit from playing with a Taylor-like striker - so keep him for that reason.
  • How do people just drop names in here with no substance , or link to the rumour at least? 

like me saying Nikiteh ... then a million replies which have just come from someone name dropping. 
    Wait what... We're in for Nkietah???
    My list remains subdued due to postings like @johnnybev1987 says, then someone posts something like @ForeverAddickted and it looks like a rumour but has come from baseless supposition. 

• edited September 2020
    To compare, Grant scored 15 leagues goals in his last 50 games for us. Bonne scored 11 in 36 last season. Grant was in League 1, Bonne in the league above. 

Despite this, people went nuts that we only got 1.5 for Grant but would be happy with the same for Bonne? I know he is a bit older but still don't understand that. Grant had a great 6 months but Bonne has scored goals at Champ level. 
    He scored 14 in his last 28 so this is a bit misleading
    Not when you're comparing Grant's last 50 to Macaulay's first 36 (didn't he play 26?)

Grant's 50 games & 15 goals were in League One and people went mad that he went for £1.5m 
    People are now saying Bonne's 26 games and 11 goals in a league above that aren't worth more than that?

Do I think we could get better for £1.5m? Probably, would they be happy with a capped salary? Probably not.

I think we should be looking at how we can get the best from our budget. The answer appears to be getting in a half decent attacking midfielder (who will probably be more achievable to get a very decent one on a lower salary) to get the ball into Bonne and Washington. 
  • Belv said:
    Baffled by the "get rid of Bonne" comments, and the way 11 goals in 33 Championship games is a sign that he's not good enough for L1. Especially as his goal scoring ratio compared favourably to most other strikers in the division

Think his goal return last season is misleading, for every goal he scored I can think of 2 or 3 golden chances missed. The one on ones against Millwall and Wigan and also the one at Birmingham are unforgivable and ultimately sent us down.

He doesn't really offer anything, doesn't create anything, doesn't hold it up, been completely anonymous in three games so far this season.

He won't score the goals to get us promoted, we paid £200k for him. The only way he'll be of any value to us is if we make over £1m on him and allows to make space in both the squad and wage cap. 
    With a striker, always look at how many they score, not how many they miss.
  • If we could find a striker who could guarantee us 20 goals a season he would in all probability be signed up with a championship/premier club & on a lot more money that 2 or 3 grand a week.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen Jack Wiltshire’s Dad dining with Andy Delort’s Dad at Nando's at the O2 . They were at Andy’s Dad’s usual table.
    I hope not, Delort has the rona remember.
  • Belv said:

Think his goal return last season is misleading, for every goal he scored I can think of 2 or 3 golden chances missed. The one on ones against Millwall and Wigan and also the one at Birmingham are unforgivable and ultimately sent us down.

He doesn't really offer anything, doesn't create anything, doesn't hold it up, been completely anonymous in three games so far this season.

He won't score the goals to get us promoted, we paid £200k for him. The only way he'll be of any value to us is if we make over £1m on him and allows to make space in both the squad and wage cap. 
    With a striker, always look at how many they score, not how many they miss.
    I remember BWP missing loads, he also scored about 1/3 of the number he missed. The number he scored is wholly more important, but he had the service to be allowed to miss so many. 
  • One trait that Bonne lacks is - he's not DYNAMIC. Interestingly, Leko was very DYNAMIC but got pelters on here. 
  • 2121 said:
    Haven't read the 100s of pages, but with us being cafc in the league we are in and with the wage cap, surely we can convince  the best striker in the league below or even this league to come with the promise of a bright future and champs footy?! 

We believe gallen! We believe! 
    The best strikers in this league won't want to leave their current clubs if they're on half decent contracts. 
  • As soon as Bonne starts scoring again, which he will, people will soon be saying how great his attitude is
  • Addickted said:
    Mad to get rid of Bonne at the moment. Not only will he score a few goals this season, we would never be able to replace him with even a similar player within the limits of the wage cap.

QPR got £20m for Eze (?) - who only scored 14 goals in 46 games - so if they really want Bonne, they'll have to step up to the plate.

THIS !
  • I think the attitude comments come from the fact he does not work hard. But to be fair, he never has. I think Bowyer has been on at him to be more of a nuisance but have yet to see him make that happen. 

He should do a few sessions with Jason Euell who knew how to hassle defenders. 

• To compare, Grant scored 15 leagues goals in his last 50 games for us. Bonne scored 11 in 36 last season. Grant was in League 1, Bonne in the league above. 

Despite this, people went nuts that we only got 1.5 for Grant but would be happy with the same for Bonne? I know he is a bit older but still don't understand that. Grant had a great 6 months but Bonne has scored goals at Champ level. 
    He scored 14 in his last 28 so this is a bit misleading
    No it's a fact.

My point being, as I said above, Grant had a great 6 months in League 1 and then we went mental he only went for 1.5mil. Fans will be doing exactly the same if Bonne went say QPR, scored 15 and his value rocketed to 15mil. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    As I understand the delay on Matthews and one other is its a balancing act between 3 perms and 1 loan. 

Bowyer wants a first choice striker, center back and right back.  Plus another forward.  After that it will be 1 in, 1 out. 

I think the problem is the second striker as they want an u21 loan but can't guarantee game time.  

They want the Danish striker, Matthews and my center half but may look at replacing one of them with a loan to bring in the extra forward on a perm. 
    So Schwartz ain't here sitting out his quarantine?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    One trait that Bonne lacks is - he's not DYNAMIC. Interestingly, Leko was very DYNAMIC but got pelters on here. 
    Leko's feet and brain often disagreed with one another. How do you defend against a player that only knows roughly what his feet are going to do when he's running at you? 
    I had to lol ..... but often true though, Dazzler.

Even Bowyer had said Leko was a wild card,  you never could tell what he would do next and he didn't know either.
  • To compare, Grant scored 15 leagues goals in his last 50 games for us. Bonne scored 11 in 36 last season. Grant was in League 1, Bonne in the league above. 

I can only go off what i’ve seen, and that is that he’s not good enough if we’re serious about promotion.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen and a quite a few of other club scouts must be idiots for rating him. All this time they could have consulted the football experts on Charlton Life and found out that he’s in fact terrible. 

Not only have they worked out something Bowyer and his staff couldn’t, these experts are also able to sign a younger, better striker who is guaranteed to get 20+ goals a season. It’s a shame football clubs neglect all this grassroots scouting on Internet forums, they almost certainly know better than the professionals.

Sarcasm to one side, there’s a nice middle ground between “Bonne will get 25 goals this season guaranteed” and “Bonne is terrible we should accept any offer we get”. 
    If we do now sell Bonne it will be because Gallen, Bowyer et all don't rate him as much as everyone on here does, and the #BigBonneFanClub will have to eat it.

When Bowyer is saying we need to sign a goalscorer because we can't keep missing chance after chance, that's not a endorsement of Bonne's position in the team. That is Bonne's only role in the team.
    how many chances did he miss last game?

Just a reminder last season he played 26 matches, only had the service for 51 shots and was on target with 23. 15 were off target and 13 were blocked. 

Of those 23 on target he scored 11. 

With a goalscoring rate of 1 goal every 5 shots, he's locked on to score in his next game AND if we can get Maddison he could be the key to unlocking Bonne's goalscoring. 

Obviously if there's an 'oven ready' deal for a striker that can perform better than that I say go for it Bow's we trust you. 

This.

Needs 5 chances to score, Williams, last seasons leading assist maker, sitting on the bench for 70mins doesn't help him.

He got 11 goals last season, 8 of those were when we had Gallagher in the team plus cullen and sometimes Williams, start Willimas, keep Washington alongside/ drifting wide (partnership), bring in Maddison and suddenly Bonne wouldn't look half bad I'd imagine.. 

If we can keep him and add the Dane and a loan then great, if he has to make way for one then undecided, at least with Bonne we know what we have. Awkward choice. 
  • Ferryman said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    As I understand the delay on Matthews and one other is its a balancing act between 3 perms and 1 loan. 

Bowyer wants a first choice striker, center back and right back.  Plus another forward.  After that it will be 1 in, 1 out. 

I think the problem is the second striker as they want an u21 loan but can't guarantee game time.  

They want the Danish striker, Matthews and my center half but may look at replacing one of them with a loan to bring in the extra forward on a perm. 
    So Schwartz ain't here sitting out his quarantine?
    Apparently he doesn't have to.  Go back 2-3 pages and there is a long discussion on it.  Top 6 divisions in UK fall into the category of elite sports and are exempt.  Highly likely he's been tested regularly so will be good to go...