Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• It would be a real shame if we sacrificed Matthews for a loan, and a mistake in my opinion. Matthews is Championship standard for sure, one of the better RBs we've had at that level. I understand having concerns about loanees and game time, but if we're looking to go up and build then having a solid base of players is important, so we can focus on bringing in fewer, better players the next year rather than relying on loans and chopping and changing every season. If we get a RB in on loan we'll be looking around for a replacement in the summer regardless of whether we go up, and we'll do very well to find one of his standard either way. With Deji as back up to him as well we'll look ok at RB, so I'd prefer if we focused on getting in a permanent and loan CB
    I agree, but I'd rather we had a young loanee at RB than I would two young loan CBs which may end up our option, I simply can't see us getting a decent permanent CB. 
  • Shame really we could have signed that Blackpool striker Gnanduillet who we were linked with in January on a free transfer
    That would have been a good signing. Better than Bonne.
  • Is it possible that the 4/5 lined up were based on no takeover and PE somehow passing the OADT? and our attention has turned to other targets?

I know it's unlikely as the wage cap is the same but just trying to figure out why there were 4 ready to go, only 2 have signed and we're now "talking to other players".
  • It would be a real shame if we sacrificed Matthews for a loan, and a mistake in my opinion. Matthews is Championship standard for sure, one of the better RBs we've had at that level. I understand having concerns about loanees and game time, but if we're looking to go up and build then having a solid base of players is important, so we can focus on bringing in fewer, better players the next year rather than relying on loans and chopping and changing every season. If we get a RB in on loan we'll be looking around for a replacement in the summer regardless of whether we go up, and we'll do very well to find one of his standard either way. With Deji as back up to him as well we'll look ok at RB, so I'd prefer if we focused on getting in a permanent and loan CB
    This.
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Might be a bit of a bad egg but beggars can't be choosers & we dont currently have anyone in midfield who can create AND score.......even one of those attributes would be good !!
  • MattF said:
    Starting to feel a bit like the takeover did last week with these singings, seemingly slipping away until it came out of nowhere on Friday, hoping for a repeat of that
  • MattF said:
    Starting to feel a bit like the takeover did last week with these singings, seemingly slipping away until it came out of nowhere on Friday, hoping for a repeat of that
    Must say i agree, signings do seem to arrive when you least expect
    them, so who knows, Friday seems like a good day for us ;)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What happened to all these 'oven ready' signings we had lined up... This is stupid. We need players in and around the squad to start gaining experience and learning to play together. 

It really isn't.

There are so many options at League 1 level because of the amount of players who are out of contract.
    Plus the loan dealings and the network that Lee and Steve Gallen have nurtured.

We had to have the patience of a saint with the off field issues. Now we need to show patience with players coming in.

At least it shouldn't be total bullshit like the charade under Southall.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m sure one of the issues will be Premier League sides wanting to wait before loaning. That delay can cause havoc in recruitment because you need various options that might workout or not. It’s the same every window. I’m sure Maddison will get a few clubs sniffing now too.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Guessing we're looking at 5 players still

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW
    Be happy with that, would be 4 if Bonne stayed. 

I'm guessing the tricky bit is that the CB needs to be decent and if the above list is correct, probably U21. 
    Quick U21 loan should be the other striker - Bonne leaving should mean that he can get lots of playing time
  • I’m sure Sandgaard wants to unveil a couple of signings himself, especially that Danish guy. Seems he likes being the centre of attention!
    Thomas deserves to be center of attention at the moment doesn't
    he, maybe cut him some slack if he want's to be involved  ;)
  • I’m sure Sandgaard wants to unveil a couple of signings himself, especially that Danish guy. Seems he likes being the centre of attention!
    What position does he play 
  • I’m sure one of the issues will be Premier League sides wanting to wait before loaning. That delay can cause havoc in recruitment because you need various options that might workout or not. It’s the same every window. I’m sure Maddison will get a few clubs sniffing now too.
    Yep, and if the PL loans are informing which permanent signings are made in other areas then they all need to be done at the same time.

It's not surprising it's taking a bit of time, baffling that people are moaning about it,
    What position does he play 
    Lead Guitar ;)
  • Maddison in the side for Doughty imo.

Doughty in the side for Purrington ;)
  • edited September 2020
    I’m certainly not complaining, but we have Sunderland this weekend, lose that and we are already 7 points behind what should be our rival for promotion this season, not forgetting we’ve Ipswich away the next week.

There has to be a balance between the right signings and the situation we are in.  We do need the signings in sooner rather than later, it wouldn’t be such an issue had we not already lost two games to sides that aren’t particularly fancied this season.

Unless of course the aim is promotion next season, but I’m sure they want it this season no?!
  • So, no signings today then. Looks like we have all being lied to yet again.

Trust nobody.
    Who lied? Not sure anyone has specifically said there would be signings today.

TS only took over last week and we've already signed 2. We're led to believe a couple more aren't far away. And the club are obviously looking at others. Were you expecting 8 signings in a day?
  • So, no signings today then. Looks like we have all being lied to yet again.

Trust nobody.
     Is this our first official #sandgaardout ?