Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• If Bonne does go to QPR though I can't wait for their fans to start trying to force a rivalry with us over how they've "stolen our best player" or "we're their feeder club" or some such nonsense 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Guessing we're looking at 5 players still

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW
    Be happy with that, would be 4 if Bonne stayed. 

I'm guessing the tricky bit is that the CB needs to be decent and if the above list is correct, probably U21. 
    I guess Matthews may be the one sacrificed for an U21 loanee, less dangerous than 2 young CB's
    That's another option and looking more likely. I'd be quite happy with Deji playing RB to be honest. We'd still need another one but could get a cheaper option as a squad player. 
  • edited September 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW
    It has to be this to compete.

Maddison, or a player in that position is a cert.  If we’re to play three up top we only have Doughty who’s a natural in that position.

Two FW’s if Bonne goes so Davidson can go out on loan.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW

I'm guessing the tricky bit is that the CB needs to be decent and if the above list is correct, probably U21. 
    I guess Matthews may be the one sacrificed for an U21 loanee, less dangerous than 2 young CB's
    That's another option and looking more likely. I'd be quite happy with Deji playing RB to be honest. We'd still need another one but could get a cheaper option as a squad player. 
    But then we'd need 2 more CBs instead, as no way will Bowyer want Barker to be a regular in the side yet
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW

But then we'd need 2 more CBs instead, as no way will Bowyer want Barker to be a regular in the side yet
    Not necessarily. We could start Deji at RB and sign someone who is a back up. Then if the RCB gets injured Deji goes into the middle and the RB goes in. Also have Pratley and Barker as 5/6th choice CB's, plus Lapslie and Wiredu who can cover RB. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW

Not necessarily. We could start Deji at RB and sign someone who is a back up. Then if the RCB gets injured Deji goes into the middle and the RB goes in. Also have Pratley and Barker as 5/6th choice CB's, plus Lapslie and Wiredu who can cover RB. 
    If Wiredu ever reappears!
    Tweeted yesterday to say he's been injured but now back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Some people comparing Bonne with Taylor or Grant.

Taylor had guile, passive aggression and ability with the ball. He played his football in his head first; if you like, Taylor had football intelligence.

Grant, well .... if I'm honest, I didn't see a lot of football intelligence, especially with some of his decision making; more that he has 2 or 3 ways of playing that  he's perfected. He's a strong lad, can run with the ball and drive into the box, getting shots away.

Both of those players suited Bowyer's ideal gameplan with their hard running and slippery movement.
    And especially worked well in tandem.

Bonne's a penalty box goal poacher. He doesn't create outside of the box, he's not a target man but he works hard and is a willing runner. He doesn't really create his own chances. But given a service into the box, his movement and anticipation is good - and while he misses chances, remember he's in the right place at the right time to miss them. But he'll convert enough of them, the law of averages takes care of that, as we saw with Bonne last season. 

I do feel however, Bonne could help himself if he become a little more pro-active in making things happen, showing a little of Taylor's passive aggression but also to allow himself to play his own game - remember, football's a game played in the head, and in my IMO, that's where Bonne needs to make improvement.

To me Taylor is a far better player than Grant

But Grant is the one who earned a move to the PL and who is likely to be returning there, not Taylor...
    Taylor is the one with 'football intelligence', but he's 30 years old.
    If Taylor had been 21, performing well and freely scoring, I'm sure he could also have been snapped up by a lower Prem side.

Remember, in the Prem pace is important - Grant has more pace, more physical, and able to drive into the box with the ball.
    That's a different set of attributes.

Schwartz is 31
    Yes, Shooters .........  although we were comparing Taylor and Grant's opportunities of being offered a chance in the Prem. 

Schwarz is only being offered the chance to join a club that plays in the Third Division.

• Belv said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW

Problem with that is, Deji plays almost every game when really, we need him to play as little as possible.
    I don't think Deji's that bad. He's inconsistent but he had a few decent games last season at a higher level. His performance at RB against Forest at home was outstanding. 
    Not that many though. His attacking runs caught the eye I'd agree, but defensively he looked a bit reckless
  • Belv said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW

Problem with that is, Deji plays almost every game when really, we need him to play as little as possible.
    I don't think Deji's that bad. He's inconsistent but he had a few decent games last season at a higher level. His performance at RB against Forest at home was outstanding. 

He played well that night, granted but can't think of another game where I've been that impressed. He's just not for me, he needs to be back-up and nothing more.
  • Belv said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW

Not that many though. His attacking runs caught the eye I'd agree, but defensively he looked a bit reckless
    Which is why I think he's better at RB than CB. League 1 is definitely his level, that showed particularly in the second half of last season. 
  • MattF said:
    Looks like Maddision's recent, "Nobody loves me. I've been forgotten. Come and get me" tweet has stirred up some interest.

• Shame really we could have signed that Blackpool striker Gnanduillet who we were linked with in January on a free transfer
  • I think Ainsley Harriott would be a fresh air as an agent....would make sure his players are well fed at least and nutritionally looked after for any prospective team!!
  • MattF said:
    Agent talk, seems that he can't make his mind up, and
    covering all bases
  • MattF said:
    covering all bases
    A month apart and it's agentainsley a pisstake account. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    covering all bases
    A month apart and it's agentainsley a pisstake account. 
  • So MS sowed the seed for Madison - I'll get me coat.
  • Ahhh, didn't see that :/
  • edited September 2020
    Can we get a bite size transfer rumours thread please? Deary me
    Any decent rumours go on the ITK thread, lately though it's all speculation outside of Schwartz who appears a hard rumour. 
  • Belv said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW

Anyone can have the occasional good game, however overall i think Deji has been pretty poor and for me, we're a better side without him in it. But then what did we really expect of a player who had spent pretty much his entire career playing in either league 2 or the lower reaches of league 1. 

If we want to win promotion then he's 4th choice CB at best and should only be played at RB in an emergency, which is probably what will happen once we sign a RB, a CB and Pearce returns.
  • I imagine they'll be a host of talented full backs sitting in u 21 squads we can pick up on loan if Matthews doesn't sign. Or bring Solly back :expressionless:
  • I just want to add that when Taylor got injured last year and Bonne scored away (Fulham, I think, on TV?), fans on here did think we’d found a Taylor replacement. He was playing well and scoring. He held up The ball way more than we expected in terms of forward play. The goal he scored that day was great. Having said that, 1.5m is a no brainer for us. It’s also not a great big punt by QPR - if he’s a success like a Grant was then they know how much they can make later on!
  • Belv said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW

Anyone can have the occasional good game, however overall i think Deji has been pretty poor and for me, we're a better side without him in it. But then what did we really expect of a player who had spent pretty much his entire career playing in either league 2 or the lower reaches of league 1. 

If we want to win promotion then he's 4th choice CB at best and should only be played at RB in an emergency, which is probably what will happen once we sign a RB, a CB and Pearce returns.
    Not at the moment we're not! He's our best RB and best RCB. Overall i don't disagree really with what you've said. Just think it's harsh to completely judge him on last season as he's not a Championship player. In the previous 4 years he played consistently at League 1 level so I believe he can be a solid job and his experience will be useful. I too though would be happier if a better CB comes in.