Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Honestly think the talk of offloading Bonne is nuts. I don't think he's going to get anymore than 15 goals this season, but I'm also struggling to see who we can sign for around 3k a week who is going to do the same, let alone 2 of them as we are already 1 short!

Without the salary cap I'd consider it to help fund a promotion but not with one. 
    In total agreement with this. If the cap wasn’t about I would listen to offers knowing now it could be invested on a striker right now. But the problem is as others have said unless it’s a prem or top end champ loan who we going to get In on the wages that’s a more proven goalscorer. I.e. 11 in 33 in championship.
    the thing with bonne is he to me seems sometimes a bit slow and when gets the ball very predicable and rarely beats players so as a striker to watch (look at someone like Leko - they were a lot more exciting to watch but I doubt would get more goals than bonne and are playing in the championship).
    Bonne has that nack of getting goals but not doing too much else. 1 in 3 for championship and not penalties either, is a pretty good stat and why QPR and maybe others are sniffing around. I personally now would want a top end young striker on loan like an Adam Idah type As well as Ronnie Schwartz and keep Bonne who then will go down to 3rd/4th choice if isn’t performing. Whereas now he seen as our main man and we need 3/4 strikers.
  • Belv said:
    Baffled by the "get rid of Bonne" comments, and the way 11 goals in 33 Championship games is a sign that he's not good enough for L1. Especially as his goal scoring ratio compared favourably to most other strikers in the division
    Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen and a quite a few of other club scouts must be idiots for rating him. All this time they could have consulted the football experts on Charlton Life and found out that he’s in fact terrible. 

Not only have they worked out something Bowyer and his staff couldn’t, these experts are also able to sign a younger, better striker who is guaranteed to get 20+ goals a season. It’s a shame football clubs neglect all this grassroots scouting on Internet forums, they almost certainly know better than the professionals.

Sarcasm to one side, there’s a nice middle ground between “Bonne will get 25 goals this season guaranteed” and “Bonne is terrible we should accept any offer we get”. 

No-one has said he's terrible just that he's not good enough to warrant turning down a potential £1.3m profit on him when his wages and place in the squad can be used to improve the squad. It may allow us to bring in a promising striker whilst also being able to get a permanent RB for example.

Reality is, if LB wants to get everything he wants/needs then a senior player is probably going to have to go, if it's a choice of Doughty or Bonne then I choose Bonne.
    All 2k of them? I just don't see it. 
  • Belv said:
    Baffled by the "get rid of Bonne" comments, and the way 11 goals in 33 Championship games is a sign that he's not good enough for L1. Especially as his goal scoring ratio compared favourably to most other strikers in the division
    Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen and a quite a few of other club scouts must be idiots for rating him. All this time they could have consulted the football experts on Charlton Life and found out that he’s in fact terrible. 

Not only have they worked out something Bowyer and his staff couldn’t, these experts are also able to sign a younger, better striker who is guaranteed to get 20+ goals a season. It’s a shame football clubs neglect all this grassroots scouting on Internet forums, they almost certainly know better than the professionals.

Sarcasm to one side, there’s a nice middle ground between “Bonne will get 25 goals this season guaranteed” and “Bonne is terrible we should accept any offer we get”. 

No-one has said he's terrible just that he's not good enough to warrant turning down a potential £1.3m profit on him when his wages and place in the squad can be used to improve the squad. It may allow us to bring in a promising striker whilst also being able to get a permanent RB for example.

Reality is, if LB wants to get everything he wants/needs then a senior player is probably going to have to go, if it's a choice of Doughty or Bonne then I choose Bonne.
    Take a look at this thread, Bonne's own thread and all over Twitter - plenty of people are saying he's terrible and they'll happily drive him to QPR themselves. 

He came from non-league, his wages are going to be so minuscule that offloading them isn't going to do much to help get someone else in. 
  • If LB can get MM playing for the team he would be a great signing, 150 goal involvements in c.250 games for peterborough at this level is phenomenal. 
  • Honestly think the talk of offloading Bonne is nuts. I don't think he's going to get anymore than 15 goals this season, but I'm also struggling to see who we can sign for around 3k a week who is going to do the same, let alone 2 of them as we are already 1 short!

Without the salary cap I'd consider it to help fund a promotion but not with one. 
    In total agreement with this. If the cap wasn’t about I would listen to offers knowing now it could be invested on a striker right now. But the problem is as others have said unless it’s a prem or top end champ loan who we going to get In on the wages that’s a more proven goalscorer. I.e. 11 in 33 in championship.
    the thing with bonne is he to me seems sometimes a bit slow and when gets the ball very predicable and rarely beats players so as a striker to watch (look at someone like Leko - they were a lot more exciting to watch but I doubt would get more goals than bonne and are playing in the championship).
    Bonne has that nack of getting goals but not doing too much else. 1 in 3 for championship and not penalties either, is a pretty good stat and why QPR and maybe others are sniffing around. I personally now would want a top end young striker on loan like an Adam Idah type As well as Ronnie Schwartz and keep Bonne who then will go down to 3rd/4th choice if isn’t performing. Whereas now he seen as our main man and we need 3/4 strikers.
    Exactly, we could sell Bonne and sign Schwartz and a young loan. You're then looking at Schwartz and Washington starting with an unproven youngster and an unreliable Aneke as back up. We need 3 decent strikers with Aneke as 4th choice so keeping Bonne is a no brainer for me. 
  • edited September 2020
    He isnt playing well atm & theres no getting round that. I like him and certainly think he can get the goals but hes really got to up his game and be on the 6 yard line for the balls flashing across instead of behind it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Baffled by the "get rid of Bonne" comments, and the way 11 goals in 33 Championship games is a sign that he's not good enough for L1. Especially as his goal scoring ratio compared favourably to most other strikers in the division
      That's not in question for me.
    .It's his attitude that is a concern. His body language in the past couple of games has the look of a man who's mind is elsewhere
     For the reasons you've mentioned I have a suspicion that he thinks he is better than this level. And that his agent, who has previous, is telling him just that.

Of course I could be completely wrong and he's just going through a bit of a spell?
    Bowyer will know better than anyone.

For me. If the price is decent and his attitude is proving a disruption then best to get shot.
  • Crusty54 said:
    MattF said:
    ct_addick said:
    Can't we pay a signing on fee in lieu of wages to get around the salary cap ? 
    The salary cap covers other fees and expenses paid directly or indirectly to the player, so I would assume signing on fees come under that sadly
    TS needs to open a London office & give the players part jobs opening the post for a few grand a week.
    Sorry but that wouldn't work.
    Why not too many players to social distance in a small office ? Not enough post for 10 players to open ?

It was an attempt at a joke Crusty, obviously failed miserably. I should have added a smiley thingamy. 
  • Baffled by the "get rid of Bonne" comments, and the way 11 goals in 33 Championship games is a sign that he's not good enough for L1. Especially as his goal scoring ratio compared favourably to most other strikers in the division
      That's not in question for me.
    .It's his attitude that is a concern. His body language in the past couple of games has the look of a man who's mind is elsewhere
     For the reasons you've mentioned I have a suspicion that he thinks he is better than this level. And that his agent, who has previous, is telling him just that.

Of course I could be completely wrong and he's just going through a bit of a spell?
    Bowyer will know better than anyone.

For me. If the price is decent and his attitude is proving a disruption then best to get shot.
    Maybe his head has been turned by transfer talk. Or alternatively, maybe he's just slightly struggling for form at the moment. Either way we've played THREE league games. It's not as if he's gone 10 games without a goal.

Bonne wasn't signed as the main striker, but a work-in-progress. I've no problem with signing a better striker, if one if available as we need competition for places, but not to replace him in the squad. After all last season, Bonne was the rookie backup signing from non league, while Hemed was the established Championship striker, and look how THAT worked out...
  • Just to chip in on the Bonne argument. I think he’s an okay to decent finisher. He missed a lot of key chances last season, but was also the only one who could put the ball in the net (Taylor aside).

I think weirdly, Bonne might do better for QPR than he would for us this season. If a team can produce 3/4/5 good chances, Bonne will put one or two away. Outside of that his all round play isn’t amazing. Aerially he’s a bit weak, gets caught offside quite a lot and really doesn’t have much pace. It’s no coincidence that Bowyers systems look much better with Pace up top( see Leko and KG.) 

As for Bowyer rating Bonne, I’m not necessarily sure he’s 100% on him. He came out at the start of last season and openly admitted Bonne wasn’t ready for the level he was at, citing him more as a player in progress. He’s also made bumper pud references in post match comments to players not putting chances away (that we’re pretty obviously aimed at Bonne)

The question is, would Bowyer rather have 1.5-2 million and another squad slot, or Bonne?

I think he would be tempted by the former.

• I think Bonne style has always been to run around to show willing without any actual desire.if you watch his efforts to press defenders it is very half hearted.He is also very good at pointing to players where he wanted the ball after a phase of play. I think he will score goals, but sadly his all round play isnt good enough for the team to merit a place without goals. Also Bowyer is very quick to pick up on players who aren't putting in the required effort in training, pre match and during the match. He never gave  Fosu a chance due to him not being a good trainer and once getting injured in a match due to his less than 100% warm up.
  • Croydon said:
    PopIcon said:
    No rumours then, just idle chat.
    Gotten cold hasn't it. How's work?
    Cold snap from the east, got heels like St Petersburg.
  • cazo said:
    Yea I have given Bonne pelters since the restart basically. But I do think when in touch he is a natural finisher, most of his goals are quite frankly half chances at best. It's clear cut chances he seems to fluff. 

Can we really afford to give up someone who really is a talented striker, who runs the right lines? Even if he has been terrible for 4 months.

And again what use is the money for selling him?
    Not sure he scores half chances, most of his goals were tap in's from inside the 6 yard boxs, he scored maybe 1 or 2 from half chances, the rest you expect your striker to score.. But he certainly misses more chances than he scores.. And when your game doesn't bring much more to the team, you need to be taking them chances..

Million I feel is a good return on him, put a sell on in-case he does come good!
  • Sponsored links:

• How do people just drop names in here with no substance , or link to the rumour at least? 

like me saying Nikiteh ... then a million replies which have just come from someone name dropping. 
  • But could we bring somebody in who is likely to score approx 12 goals this season? Shouldn't be impossible but looking at the little transfer activity around, it feels it.
  • Belv said:

Think his goal return last season is misleading, for every goal he scored I can think of 2 or 3 golden chances missed. The one on ones against Millwall and Wigan and also the one at Birmingham are unforgivable and ultimately sent us down.

He doesn't really offer anything, doesn't create anything, doesn't hold it up, been completely anonymous in three games so far this season.

He won't score the goals to get us promoted, we paid £200k for him. The only way he'll be of any value to us is if we make over £1m on him and allows to make space in both the squad and wage cap. 
    In your first paragraph you could easily be describing BWP who although scored a LOT of goals for us when we won this league, also missed a lot of ‘easy’ chances. I’m not saying he will get as many goals as BWP but there are certainly some comparisons to be drawn. Both natural finishers who seek to score the half chances, neither particularly composed to score the ‘easier’ chances. 

Bowyer said at the start of last year that Bonne was going to be a work in progress and to be signed as such whether we were in championship or League 1. 

I hope we keep hold of him but have enough of a squad to not rely on him week in week out 
  • Suppose the usual question to ask first is how reliable is footballinsider247?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    As I understand the delay on Matthews and one other is its a balancing act between 3 perms and 1 loan. 

Bowyer wants a first choice striker, center back and right back.  Plus another forward.  After that it will be 1 in, 1 out. 

I think the problem is the second striker as they want an u21 loan but can't guarantee game time.  

They want the Danish striker, Matthews and my center half but may look at replacing one of them with a loan to bring in the extra forward on a perm. 
    So that would leave us with five strikers which seems excessive, when you consider we would have only one left back, purrington who i dont rate and is injury prone, no right winger and no attacking midfielder who is likely to chip in with many goals. I have no issue with bringing in defenders but not sure we need five strikers
    We wouldn't, Davidson would go out on loan.  Bowyer has only played with a winger because he has got one.  He will almost certainly not play with 2.  Williams, Oztumer and Chucks are his tens. JFC and the lad from Norwich would be the cover for Purrington. 
    I really think Oztumer is surplus to requirements. If we are going to be limited on numbers I'd rather bring in a RB & CB & get rid of a midfielder or 2.
    Can’t be getting rid of Oztumer imo. You said yourself the other day we lack goals in the squad, so why sell an attacking midfielder who’s proved that he can score goals at this level?
    I slightly worry that he doesn't done it for 2 seasons now. Clearly Walsall got the best out of him, but he didn't do it for Posh before he joined them or for Bolton and us subsequently. 

Walsall built there side around Oztumer's ability to score goals from midfield, giving him the platform and freedom to do so.

Bolton didn't. Nor Charlton, where he play's as a cog in the wheel, rather than with the freedom to roam.

• edited September 2020
    All Bonne really brings to the team is being a goal scorer, so when for whatever reason he's not scoring goals he's a passenger.

I would like to keep him as I think he will be fine once he gets that first goal but at the moment there's no goals coming from midfield either and Washington is not (historically) a particularly efficient finisher so it's hard to see where goals are coming from.

Bonne should only be sold if whoever replaces him is indisputably an improvement as we cannot afford (literally or figuratively) to gamble on potential at the moment.
  • Sadly I think we should accept any amount above £1.5m for him. He did well at times last season but he needs far too many chances, which isn't a luxury we can afford at the moment. 
    I mean... No striker is even worse....
  • At the end of the day I hope the maddison rumours are true  I know Bows will get the best out of him.