Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    As I understand the delay on Matthews and one other is its a balancing act between 3 perms and 1 loan. 

Bowyer wants a first choice striker, center back and right back.  Plus another forward.  After that it will be 1 in, 1 out. 

I think the problem is the second striker as they want an u21 loan but can't guarantee game time.  

They want the Danish striker, Matthews and my center half but may look at replacing one of them with a loan to bring in the extra forward on a perm. 
    So that would leave us with five strikers which seems excessive, when you consider we would have only one left back, purrington who i dont rate and is injury prone, no right winger and no attacking midfielder who is likely to chip in with many goals. I have no issue with bringing in defenders but not sure we need five strikers
    We wouldn't, Davidson would go out on loan.  Bowyer has only played with a winger because he has got one.  He will almost certainly not play with 2.  Williams, Oztumer and Chucks are his tens. JFC and the lad from Norwich would be the cover for Purrington. 
    I really think Oztumer is surplus to requirements. If we are going to be limited on numbers I'd rather bring in a RB & CB & get rid of a midfielder or 2.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    As I understand the delay on Matthews and one other is its a balancing act between 3 perms and 1 loan. 

Bowyer wants a first choice striker, center back and right back.  Plus another forward.  After that it will be 1 in, 1 out. 

I think the problem is the second striker as they want an u21 loan but can't guarantee game time.  

They want the Danish striker, Matthews and my center half but may look at replacing one of them with a loan to bring in the extra forward on a perm. 
    So that would leave us with five strikers which seems excessive, when you consider we would have only one left back, purrington who i dont rate and is injury prone, no right winger and no attacking midfielder who is likely to chip in with many goals. I have no issue with bringing in defenders but not sure we need five strikers
    We wouldn't, Davidson would go out on loan.  Bowyer has only played with a winger because he has got one.  He will almost certainly not play with 2.  Williams, Oztumer and Chucks are his tens. JFC and the lad from Norwich would be the cover for Purrington. 
    I really think Oztumer is surplus to requirements. If we are going to be limited on numbers I'd rather bring in a RB & CB & get rid of a midfielder or 2.
    Can’t be getting rid of Oztumer imo. You said yourself the other day we lack goals in the squad, so why sell an attacking midfielder who’s proved that he can score goals at this level?
    Because if you're chasing promotion, a CAM who hasn't scored a league goal since 2018 and gets bullied all over the picture is not a solid bet. Williams isn't even up to regular standard but he's a good 60th minute player to break up play and draw in fouls. You need a solid player who will chip in with assists and goals, doesn't have to be big numbers but neither of our current players will do that.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    I am sure Phillips does count as a maximum of, I think, £2k p/w meaning we can bring in another player should he leave. Otherwise you’re saying that the only players that count in the cap are the ones we have signed so far, which is wrong. 
    I think it could well be the case mate... e.g. if Pearce is on £4k he doesnt count towards the cap FOR NOW!!

With his deal up in the summer if we want to offer him a new deal we'd only be able to offer him a deal that falls in line with the cap - Same with Doughty, we can offer him what he wants for now as he's an U21 but the moment he gets too old (if god forbid we're still at this level) then that salary impacts the rest of the squad
    Do you see this cap lasting? It’s a good idea, but personally think in the footballing world, it’s far too low in order to compete and then survive enough in the Championship when clubs get promoted.

£4mil a year is still around £4k a week for 19-20 senior pros. Just makes it that little bit more level.
    Most people  don't  earn 2k-4.5k a week. It is not bad money. The unreal world  of Premiershit has made us think that our players are under paid. 4.5K a week  is nearly £250,000 a year. Jesus.  The alternative is JSA . Football has caused it's own problems in this respect. 
    This is shake up time so players  need to get real because no gate money will affect all the clubs including the spoiled brats in the top two tiers.
    You’re right in that 99% of us will probably never earn that money, but the fact that no cap has been introduced at the top, or even Championship to my knowledge, it makes these two leagues so disproportionate that it makes it very difficult.

The only way a salary cap will truly work, is if you filter it from top down, not bottom upwards. Yes clubs are these levels are struggling more than most, but it wouldn’t be such a drastic problem if it filtered from the top downwards.

You’ll have very average players either at Premier League or Championship clubs who are earning £10k+ a week, and won’t ever drop down to their natural level because clubs can’t afford them. You therefore have an even greater gulf between leagues and clubs of similar standing.

It maybe a bit more of a level playing field in League One and Two, but across the English game, it’s only going to get worse, unless it starts from the top. 
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12029983/championship-clubs-to-discuss-18m-salary-cap-for-next-season

The Prem want to force the Championship to accept a wage cap of £18mill per year via the rights distribution. Like when they forced through the academy stuff where they an poach any young player from a team and not pay much compensation. They said at that point 'take the deal or we take away the payments'. They're now apparently threatening the same re: a wage cap for the Champ.

It is the EPL's way of creating the closed shop model and unfortunately we're caught in the terrible Div 3. Like with the difficulty of trying to attract decent players for £2k per week when they can sit on the bench of a Champ team for £10k. Same with Championship. There are players in the Premier already earning double/triple or entire squad cap (£48k per week). Any team getting promoted from L1 will struggle to get Championship quality players (like we did because Roland gave us a pre-cap L1 budget), this will be magnifyed with teams getting into the Prem with a Championship squad and trying to stay there. There are already players individually earning the equivalent of the proposed championship salary cap (£346k per week).

It is worrying if teams automatically can't compete with being promoted. Makes the whole ESI 1/2 shenanigans even more blood boiling as a couple of signings in December would've seen us through and kept us up! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Can’t be getting rid of Oztumer imo. You said yourself the other day we lack goals in the squad, so why sell an attacking midfielder who’s proved that he can score goals at this level?
    I slightly worry that he doesn't done it for 2 seasons now. Clearly Walsall got the best out of him, but he didn't do it for Posh before he joined them or for Bolton and us subsequently. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Personally I don’t see what Oztumer brings to the table. Doesn’t score, barely creates anything and he may have scored goals at this level about four seasons ago but he’s not done it for us and doesn’t look like doing so either. 
    Although I partially agree... Wasn't he the only player for us to have a shot on target against Lincoln? 
  • Can't we pay a signing on fee in lieu of wages to get around the salary cap ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• ct_addick said:
    Can't we pay a signing on fee in lieu of wages to get around the salary cap ? 
    The salary cap covers other fees and expenses paid directly or indirectly to the player, so I would assume signing on fees come under that sadly
  • MattF said:
    ct_addick said:
    The salary cap covers other fees and expenses paid directly or indirectly to the player, so I would assume signing on fees come under that sadly
    TS needs to open a London office & give the players part jobs opening the post for a few grand a week.
  • MattF said:
    ct_addick said:
    TS needs to open a London office & give the players part jobs opening the post for a few grand a week.
    Sorry but that wouldn't work.
  • It is possible of course that we can go slightly over the cap, and we may potentially have to look at this if we feel it's worth it to get a specific player to sign.

The fines are set as follows for going over the 2.5m.

- Between zero and two per cent overspend - 50p for every £1 over spent.

Example: A club breaches the League One cap by £25,000. They will be fined £12,500.

- Between two and four per cent overspend - £1 for every £1 over spent.

Example: A club breaches the League One cap by £75,000. They will be fined £75,000.

- Between four and five per cent overspend - £3 for every £1 over spent.

Example: A club breaches the League One cap by £125,000. They will be fined £375,000.

Any club overspending by more than five per cent will be immediately referred to an independent disciplinary commission, who will determine the punishment. The EFL have warned of ‘serious consequences for intentional misconduct.’

No idea what the serious consequences are, although if you can make up a 60m sale of your ground to yourself, put it in the wrong financial year, lie about it, and only get a 12 point deduction then for going over a salary cap that must surely be a restraint of trade anyway, teams will probably get a slap on the wrist.

• I personally think Purrington is a decent RB in this league and can do a job for us. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I slightly worry that he doesn't done it for 2 seasons now. Clearly Walsall got the best out of him, but he didn't do it for Posh before he joined them or for Bolton and us subsequently. 
    But those were Championship seasons, not League One.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

MattF said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

They're only the perms we want, might be a LB we're looking to bring in on loan (although they'd be competing with Purrington for game time)
    Hopefully the other positions we can top up with loans. Definitely need a rb, lb cb, a striker, right winger and an attacking midfielder. If we can fill them positions we should be ok.

• I think years of mismanagement by dodgy owners has left us with not only a thin squad with one which if we are honest a lot of them are not up to this level. 
    Gk and strikers im ok with but the defence looks very weak except for Pearce, barker and the Norwich guy. 

Midfield jfc, Williams, oztumer and even Morgan and lapslie to an extent are decent squad players but nowhere near the likes of cullen, leko, belik or aribo.

This will clearly take time and it wont happen in one season but I think its not just about getting the recruitment, right but also getting rid of the dead wood. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think years of mismanagement by dodgy owners has left us with not only a thin squad with one which if we are honest a lot of them are not up to this level. 
    Gk and strikers im ok with but the defence looks very weak except for Pearce, barker and the Norwich guy. 

Midfield jfc, Williams, oztumer and even Morgan and lapslie to an extent are decent squad players but nowhere near the likes of cullen, leko, belik or aribo.

This will clearly take time and it wont happen in one season but I think its not just about getting the recruitment, right but also getting rid of the dead wood. 
    You are ok with our strikers?.
    I most certainly am not.
    Hopefully bowyer will be adding to it but Bonne although had a bad start got 11 championship goals last year. Washington has looked decent and Aneke is proven at this level and scored a good goal against Swindon. So if i was looking to trim the squad i certainly wouldn't be starting with the strikers 
  • Crusty54 said:
    MattF said:
    ct_addick said:
    It would if he employed the player's partner or mum.

Something similar worked for Defoe.
  • Christ, there is either a lot of typos on this thread lately or people are completely clueless.
  • edited September 2020
    Addickted said:
    Crusty54 said:
    MattF said:
    ct_addick said:
    It would if he employed the player's partner or mum.

Something similar worked for Defoe.
    An Oxford player was on the radio yesterday saying he knew of players whose wife's now worked at clubs in a "senior administrative" role. Always a loop hole.

(EDIT) It was John Mousinho who is on the current PFA committee.
  • Christ, there is either a lot of typos on this thread lately or people are completely clueless.
    Didn’t notice. Doesn’t matter.
  • Almost every rugby league club shop and hospitality venues were almost exclusively staffed by players wives and significant others according to the payroll.

Just saying
  • How do loan rules work? 

If an experienced player was paid up by a Prem club like Jonny Williams was and we just paid a modest salary how would that relate to the cap if they came on loan or as with Jonny they signed full time? 
  • edited September 2020
    Richard J said:
    How do loan rules work? 

If an experienced player was paid up by a Prem club like Jonny Williams was and we just paid a modest salary how would that relate to the cap if they came on loan or as with Jonny they signed full time? 
    With Jonny at the end of the season CP paid up his contract so he became a free agent. So he effectively would be a new signing for us and all of his wages would count to the Cap. Exactly the same situation at Adam Matthews at the moment.

With loan players the percentage of the wages etc that we pay will go towards the cap. So if a payer is on 10k a week and we pay £3k of that , the amount that we pay goes towards the cap.