Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• MattF said:
    cafc4life said:
    Why one in one out if we are out of the embargo now?
    The wage cap I assume
    And limit on squad size of over 21s 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MattF said:
    cafc4life said:
    The wage cap I assume
    And that, just typical really, got any inkling as to what option we're likely to go with?
  • Are we still forced to have players in our 23 that are not going to feature but have had 1 appearance or was that just under the embargo? Can we now decide who we count as our 23?
  • What’s the latest with Albie M?

wouldnt mind betting he’ll be sacrificed as Bows doesn’t appear to rate him.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MattF said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MattF said:
    cafc4life said:
    The wage cap I assume
    And that, just typical really, got any inkling as to what option we're likely to go with?
    None. But if it was me I would take an u21 right back tbh.  Matthews is a very good player but I would rather have the fire power and a solid center half. Ideally we can have all 4.
    Suppose we had better hope someone comes up with a good offer for Phillips then
  • Are we still forced to have players in our 23 that are not going to feature but have had 1 appearance or was that just under the embargo? Can we now decide who we count as our 23?
    If they are u21, at what ever the cut off date was someone posted but I can't remember, they don't count for the numbers or the wage cap. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What’s the latest with Albie M?

wouldnt mind betting he’ll be sacrificed as Bows doesn’t appear to rate him.
    U21 though so pointless as a sacrifice. More likely to be Lapslie surely. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Are we still forced to have players in our 23 that are not going to feature but have had 1 appearance or was that just under the embargo? Can we now decide who we count as our 23?
    If they are u21, at what ever the cut off date was someone posted but I can't remember, they don't count for the numbers or the wage cap. 
    Jan 1st 2020
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    With Amos in the building I would now like to see Phillips leave for some decent money obviously. Might free up that space and the cash might make a difference 
    If we sold him for £10 million we couldn't spend it and it would only free up, at the most, about 2.5k a week wages.  Typical for charlton the first time in our history we have an owner that wants to splash some cash and we can't! 
    Would be less than £2.5k as well. Would be the league average which I think is about £1.7k
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    As I understand the delay on Matthews and one other is its a balancing act between 3 perms and 1 loan. 

Bowyer wants a first choice striker, center back and right back.  Plus another forward.  After that it will be 1 in, 1 out. 

I think the problem is the second striker as they want an u21 loan but can't guarantee game time.  

They want the Danish striker, Matthews and my center half but may look at replacing one of them with a loan to bring in the extra forward on a perm. 
    So that would leave us with five strikers which seems excessive, when you consider we would have only one left back, purrington who i dont rate and is injury prone, no right winger and no attacking midfielder who is likely to chip in with many goals. I have no issue with bringing in defenders but not sure we need five strikers
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    As I understand the delay on Matthews and one other is its a balancing act between 3 perms and 1 loan. 

Bowyer wants a first choice striker, center back and right back.  Plus another forward.  After that it will be 1 in, 1 out. 

I think the problem is the second striker as they want an u21 loan but can't guarantee game time.  

They want the Danish striker, Matthews and my center half but may look at replacing one of them with a loan to bring in the extra forward on a perm. 
    So that would leave us with five strikers which seems excessive, when you consider we would have only one left back, purrington who i dont rate and is injury prone, no right winger and no attacking midfielder who is likely to chip in with many goals. I have no issue with bringing in defenders but not sure we need five strikers
    They're only the perms we want, might be a LB we're looking to bring in on loan (although they'd be competing with Purrington for game time)
  • Cafc43v3r said:

We wouldn't, Davidson would go out on loan.  Bowyer has only played with a winger because he has got one.  He will almost certainly not play with 2.  Williams, Oztumer and Chucks are his tens. JFC and the lad from Norwich would be the cover for Purrington. 
  • edited September 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

We wouldn't, Davidson would go out on loan.  Bowyer has only played with a winger because he has got one.  He will almost certainly not play with 2.  Williams, Oztumer and Chucks are his tens. JFC and the lad from Norwich would be the cover for Purrington. 
    Everyone seems pretty happy with Purrington, While he is ok I would rather see a left back who is more decisive and positive going forwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who currently counts as one of the 23 then?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    That's only 15 over 21s (the cutoff being the age on January 1st) not including Matthews with 22 the limit, so that's 7 more we can bring in, so I don't see the problem
  • Shrew said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Everyone seems pretty happy with Purrington, While he is ok I would rather see an left back who is more decisive and positive going forwards.
    I think Doughty should being left back.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Seeing that we need at least 1 RB if not 2, puzzled at that logic. If we faff around and end up playing Barker at RB against Sunderland, it won't be pretty

Similarly we need at least 1 CB in, and already have one loan player there
  • meldrew66 said:
    Please can we have a striker who scores goals? If Judas had been up front on Sunday we would have won 4-2. We need another non-Judas Judas.
    Sadly, we didn't have enough pieces of silver.....
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Seeing that we need at least 1 RB if not 2, puzzled at that logic. If we faff around and end up playing Barker at RB against Sunderland, it won't be pretty

Similarly we need at least 1 CB in, and already have one loan player there
    Completely agree. Barker has been excellent for us, but we need to bring in someone who can properly play right back otherwise they will target our right side all game and have a lot of joy.

I am sure we will see a few players coming through the door over the next couple of days. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    With Amos in the building I would now like to see Phillips leave for some decent money obviously. Might free up that space and the cash might make a difference 
    If we sold him for £10 million we couldn't spend it and it would only free up, at the most, about 2.5k a week wages.  Typical for charlton the first time in our history we have an owner that wants to splash some cash and we can't! 
    Yeah......thanks Accrington, Burton, Rochdale etc etc for voting for a cap that basically means we can't put a meaningful squad together. 

W*****s.