Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Stan Asomugha on trial
    Not the Stan Asomugha
    Yes, THE Stan Asomugha. 

who the fuck  ?

Did Tommy pick up the wrong phone when he was last here & is now using Southall's supa dupa transfer phone. 
    Have a day off lol as others have stated most likely for the academy, or LB /J J/ Gallen have done their homework. Lets not panic, we will be top 6 this year no dramas, give TS and everyone a chance to recruit. 
    I remember thinking Conor Gallagher who? Krystian Bielik who? Josh Cullen who? Jon Leko who? All of them positively surprised me. 
    Exactly, being released by a Premiership team and he is 19 so doesn't really say much where he is at in comparison to what we need. Time will tell, but no point moaning and groaning and people might be just on trial/ recruited for potential and for the U23 sid. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Stan Asomugha on trial
    Not the Stan Asomugha
    Yes, THE Stan Asomugha. 

who the fuck  ?

Did Tommy pick up the wrong phone when he was last here & is now using Southall's supa dupa transfer phone. 
    Have a day off lol as others have stated most likely for the academy, or LB /J J/ Gallen have done their homework. Lets not panic, we will be top 6 this year no dramas, give TS and everyone a chance to recruit. 
    I remember thinking Conor Gallagher who? Krystian Bielik who? Josh Cullen who? Jon Leko who? All of them positively surprised me. 
    Exactly, being released by a Premiership team and he is 19 so doesn't really say much where he is at in comparison to what we need. Time will tell, but no point moaning and groaning and people might be just on trial/ recruited for potential and for the U23 sid. 
    Not to mention we've just released a kid we didnt think would be good enough who has gone up to the Championship with an U23 squad so until a player really gets beyond that age group it can work both ways
  • I wish Bows doesn't mishap in the media as he has done in the past..."We've got money now thanks to Thomas." Come on, does that really need to be said to every league club in the country. 
  • Maybe 3 years getting back to the Championship is more realistic as we can't buy our way back.

Problem is with our donut fans they will be on our current players backs, quicker than you can say Morgan Fox. 
    There is no way Sandgaard is going to be prepared to wait 3 years just to get out of league one.
    Not a lot he can do about it. Good experienced players cost money. He might be able to pay the transfer fees but not the wages.

We could be stuck in this shitty division for years 
    The last ten years have been dire and we have still finished in the top 6, 4 out of the 6 times in this division. Hoping that we actually begin to build on foundations at the end of the season, than after RD when we would have to completely rebuild.
    Problem is then we could pay a player a semi-decent wage to attract him. Now we can't. I really think we have been screwed with this stupid wage cap. Players who might have been prepared to drop down a division wont do so. They will either hang around their existing club (even if they aren't getting game time) or move to an Championship side. Players like Watson will be few & far between. We will be fishing in the lower league pools for players who are happy with £2k - £2.5k per week. 

Funny how last week we had 5 or 6 players lined up, good to go & just needed the embargo to be lifted. That happened on Friday so what happened to those players & why is Bowyer now saying that we can only bring in 3 senior players due to the wage cap & anything more than that would have to be U21's. 

We’ve already brought two of them in. The 3 other senior players takes us to 5 which is what was said. 

It’s obvious that deals are being done at the moment. Wait and see what the squad looks like in 2 weeks time. 
    One of them was almost certainly the Danish striker who has since gone back so will be delayed at least a while.
  • Whiteman from Doncaster linked.
    How so?
    Another midfielder?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2020
    I'd be staggered if we signed Ben Whiteman, he's had Championship interest all summer and Donny would want a big big fee. Fantastic player but can't see how we'd get a deal done over championship sides and their bigger wages. 
  • Whiteman is a complete non-starter. Where's that link come from?
    Holy F**k he is class. Forget about him hushing the covered end.
  • Haha as if. If he moves anywhere it'll be to the Championship.

Don't think we need anymore CM's.
  • No chance of Ben Whiteman, his next move would be to a Championship club.
  • I suspect that the Whiteman rumour is wishful thinking. 
    Is he a midfielder, could work well with our white man from Manchester if so.
  • edited September 2020
    matt88 said:
    Haha as if. If he moves anywhere it'll be to the Championship.

Don't think we need anymore CM's.
    I think we do need another centre mids we are short of quality in that position. 

Although I except t we need defenders and a striker first. 
  • Anyone know whats happening about Matthews, thought he would have signed by now.
    Perhaps just waiting for a better offer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    I suspect that the Whiteman rumour is wishful thinking. 
    Translation: A rumour made up by someone with nothing better to do
  • no another Ben
  • Surprised Ian Henderson moved down to L2. His record is really good on scoring and assists. Wonder why Tochdale let him go or did he leave?
    Because Salford are just chucking money about. Believe he was signed before the cap on wages.
  • edited September 2020
    If we were able to bring in Whiteman it would be a real statement of intent. Reminiscent of the signing of Hollands/Wiggins the summer after Bournemouth had just finished in the playoffs.

Treating it as nonsense until a proper source (ie Cawley) mentions it though.
    Is he a midfielder, could work well with our white man from Manchester if so.
    Racist 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'd be staggered if we signed Ben Whiteman, he's had Championship interest all summer and Donny would want a big big fee. Fantastic player but can't see how we'd get a deal done over championship sides and their bigger wages. 
    i'd be delighted if we sign him, seen him play 5 times against us and as of yet not had a bad game in any of them
  • If we were able to bring in Whiteman it would be a real statement of intent. Reminiscent of the signing of Hollands/Wiggins the summer after Bournemouth had just finished in the playoffs.

Treating it as nonsense until a proper source (ie Cawley) mentions it though.
    Didn’t Bournemouth come up from League 2 that year? Not quite the same as the money involved for both Wiggins and Hollands would barely cover Whiteman’s wages for a year.
  • People were getting frantic that the players went going to be signed in time to play tomorrow.......at this rate they won't be signed in time to play on Saturday 😄