Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• AndyG said:
    Is just rumour that he has signed or has it been announced anywhere ?
    Well, seeing as this is the RUMOURS thread I would take a punt on it being just that.
  • Maybe 3 years getting back to the Championship is more realistic as we can't buy our way back.

Problem is with our donut fans they will be on our current players backs, quicker than you can say Morgan Fox. 
    There is no way Sandgaard is going to be prepared to wait 3 years just to get out of league one.
  • agree, might get a bit of a 'bye' this season, but surely he'll be expecting it next season if he invests etc
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Feel free to add your ITK's guys... Green section is growing fast now the takeover stuff is done. 
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89807/the-itk-thread#latest
    Ok.  I've heard the deal for Schwartz is done.
    Does he have to quarantine or just take a test?
  • Knowing our luck it will be Stefan Shwarz
  • Ferryman said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Feel free to add your ITK's guys... Green section is growing fast now the takeover stuff is done. 
    He’d have to quarantine as things stand currently 
  • Nothing new here. They have just picked up his visit last week. And with a new danish owner at Charlton they seem to think a deal is close.

Would be happy to see us cool off trying to get a 31 year old journeyman, left out of his danish club. Good goalscoring record, but most of his recent goals for a promotion/promoted side.
    6 in 15 games for Midtjylland last season, including 2 pens. Highlight video suggest he is a striker that needs a lot of service. Hope we can do better!

• Sponsored links:

• Nothing new here. They have just picked up his visit last week. And with a new danish owner at Charlton they seem to think a deal is close.

Would be happy to see us cool off trying to get a 31 year old journeyman, left out of his danish club. Good goalscoring record, but most of his recent goals for a promotion/promoted side.
    6 in 15 games for Midtjylland last season, including 2 pens. Highlight video suggest he is a striker that needs a lot of service. Hope we can do better!
    Oldish journeyman strikers have served us pretty well in league one. Kermorgant and Taylor did ok! I’ll reserve my judgement until I’ve seen him play a few times, but he’s got the potential to be quite a coup
    Frees Washington from the need to be outright goal scorer and frees him up to be more of a harrier and nuisance which seems to suit him better honestly.

If Bonne hangs around it might take pressure off him which is probably a good thing.
  • Ferryman said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I dont think he does as he is coming from a sporting team that would hopefully be testing regularly and coming to a team that is testing regularly I think that is how it works 
  • Maybe 3 years getting back to the Championship is more realistic as we can't buy our way back.

Problem is with our donut fans they will be on our current players backs, quicker than you can say Morgan Fox. 
    There is no way Sandgaard is going to be prepared to wait 3 years just to get out of league one.
    Not a lot he can do about it. Good experienced players cost money. He might be able to pay the transfer fees but not the wages.

We could be stuck in this shitty division for years 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Ferryman said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I dont think he does as he is coming from a sporting team that would hopefully be testing regularly and coming to a team that is testing regularly I think that is how it works 
    Is this true?, there was a statement this week by someone at EFL saying that although Premier and Championship players are checked regularly, League 1 and 2 players do not get checked
  • edited September 2020
    ross1 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Ferryman said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Is this true?, there was a statement this week by someone at EFL saying that although Premier and Championship players are checked regularly, League 1 and 2 players do not get checked
    There is definitely testing taking place in L1 and L2. There has been cases at a few teams including ourselves when Aneke tested positive, the rest of the team were then tested. There is no way games would be allowed to take place without it.

Not a lot he can do about it. Good experienced players cost money. He might be able to pay the transfer fees but not the wages.

The last ten years have been dire and we have still finished in the top 6, 4 out of the 6 times in this division. Hoping that we actually begin to build on foundations at the end of the season, than after RD when we would have to completely rebuild.
  • Belv said:
    ross1 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Ferryman said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    There is definitely testing taking place in L1 and L2. There has been cases at a few teams including ourselves when Aneke tested positive, the rest of the team were then tested. There is no way games would be allowed to take place without it.
    Did we pay for tests? I thought West Ham paid for our tests before we played them, just like Spurs paid for Leyton Orient tests before they were supposed to play them?
  • ross1 said:
    Belv said:
    ross1 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Ferryman said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Did we pay for tests? I thought West Ham paid for our tests before we played them, just like Spurs paid for Leyton Orient tests before they were supposed to play them?

Not sure on that one.
  • Stan Asomugha on trial
  • Sponsored links:

• Stan Asomugha on trial
    Not the Stan Asomugha
    Yes, THE Stan Asomugha. 

who the fuck  ?

Did Tommy pick up the wrong phone when he was last here & is now using Southall's supa dupa transfer phone. 
  • edited September 2020
    Right winger - leave it.
  • ross1 said:
    Belv said:
    ross1 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Ferryman said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Grimsby have had to call off their next 2 games as players have Covid so I'm assuming players are regularly getting tested.
  • edited September 2020
    Maybe 3 years getting back to the Championship is more realistic as we can't buy our way back.

The last ten years have been dire and we have still finished in the top 6, 4 out of the 6 times in this division. Hoping that we actually begin to build on foundations at the end of the season, than after RD when we would have to completely rebuild.
    Problem is then we could pay a player a semi-decent wage to attract him. Now we can't. I really think we have been screwed with this stupid wage cap. Players who might have been prepared to drop down a division wont do so. They will either hang around their existing club (even if they aren't getting game time) or move to an Championship side. Players like Watson will be few & far between. We will be fishing in the lower league pools for players who are happy with £2k - £2.5k per week. 

Funny how last week we had 5 or 6 players lined up, good to go & just needed the embargo to be lifted. That happened on Friday so what happened to those players & why is Bowyer now saying that we can only bring in 3 senior players due to the wage cap & anything more than that would have to be U21's.