Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• If we were able to bring in Whiteman it would be a real statement of intent. Reminiscent of the signing of Hollands/Wiggins the summer after Bournemouth had just finished in the playoffs.

Treating it as nonsense until a proper source (ie Cawley) mentions it though.
    Didn’t Bournemouth come up from League 2 that year? Not quite the same as the money involved for both Wiggins and Hollands would barely cover Whiteman’s wages for a year.
    They lost in the League 1 playoffs while we finished mid table.
  • Bubble said:
    Why are people getting so worked up about kids that have turned up for trials with the under 23’s? 

They are trialing for the academy for the love of god. 
    Because its just an excuse to piss and moan 
  • edited September 2020
    People were getting frantic that the players went going to be signed in time to play tomorrow.......at this rate they won't be signed in time to play on Saturday 😄
    You must be buzzing, yet another thing to whine about 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Feel free to add your ITK's guys... Green section is growing fast now the takeover stuff is done. 
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89807/the-itk-thread#latest
    Ok.  I've heard the deal for Schwartz is done.
    I love you.
    Kenneth Williams - Carry On films photo 1210640 - fanpop
  • Scoham said:
    If we were able to bring in Whiteman it would be a real statement of intent. Reminiscent of the signing of Hollands/Wiggins the summer after Bournemouth had just finished in the playoffs.

Didn’t Bournemouth come up from League 2 that year? Not quite the same as the money involved for both Wiggins and Hollands would barely cover Whiteman’s wages for a year.
    The more you know. What a steal Wiggins was.
  • Scoham said:
    If we were able to bring in Whiteman it would be a real statement of intent. Reminiscent of the signing of Hollands/Wiggins the summer after Bournemouth had just finished in the playoffs.

I remember Bournemouth fans being peed off with him because they thought he was going up a division to Watford and ended up in SE7.
  • Scoham said:

I remember Bournemouth fans being peed off with him because they thought he was going up a division to Watford and ended up in SE7.
    We pumped em 3-0 first day of the season, they had Ings up top that day, and Arter CM.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

And just to goes to show that all this "there's no way he'd sign for another League 1 club" stuff isn't necessarily true. We might not see instant success now TS has taken over, but it should be easy enough to convince players we have ambition and will be doing all we can to get moving quickly the right direction. A League 1 club going places may be more attractive long term than a stagnant Championship club. Or Bows might be seem as a better manager to play under than some others. All depends on which Championship clubs we might be competing against, but we shouldn't assume that there is no chance we could sign a player that a Championship club is also interest in.
    All well & good.......but we have to start winning games first.
  • Bubble said:
    Why are people getting so worked up about kids that have turned up for trials with the under 23’s? 

They are trialing for the academy for the love of god. 
    Exactly! Look at the players our academy have produced! How many full internationals (not just England). How dare we plan for the future and invest in youth!

the whole club needs rebuilding due to bad owner after bad owner, good to see that this is starting to happen!
    To be fair we did recruit for the academy and under 23s under Roland. 

• I always remember Jose Fonte leaving Palace in the Championship for L1 Southampton. They'd just been taken over by a rich owner and they were looking like they weren't going to be hanging around in the lower divisions much longer. Within a couple of years he was a Premier League footballer
    The Southampton squad that year was class to be fair. In League 1 they had Fonte, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Schneiderlin, Lambert, Lallana, Puncheon, David Connolly, Danny Butterfield, Dean Hammond, Chaplow. In reserve they had future Addicks: Dale Stephens, Ben Reeves, Danny N’Guessan and Fraser Richardson. We’re a long way off that level of quality and depth!
    The previous season there was also a lot of quality in L1. The likes of Holt and Hoolahan at Norwich, Beckford and Snodgrass at Leeds, Austin at Swindon, Harris, Morison and Grabban at Millwall

• I always remember Jose Fonte leaving Palace in the Championship for L1 Southampton. They'd just been taken over by a rich owner and they were looking like they weren't going to be hanging around in the lower divisions much longer. Within a couple of years he was a Premier League footballer
    The Southampton squad that year was class to be fair. In League 1 they had Fonte, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Schneiderlin, Lambert, Lallana, Puncheon, David Connolly, Danny Butterfield, Dean Hammond, Chaplow. In reserve they had future Addicks: Dale Stephens, Ben Reeves, Danny N’Guessan and Fraser Richardson. We’re a long way off that level of quality and depth!
    Christ I forgot that Dale Stephens once played for Southampton!!

Christ I forgot that Dale Stephens once played for Southampton!!
    On loan from Oldham. It always seems odd to me when a club loans a player to a better, richer club!
  • Scoham said:

What did they expect with Stephen Kelly driving. 
  • Sponsored links:

Doubtfull we'll ever see a squad like that again either with a wage cap in place.

• Whiteman from Doncaster linked.
    You've made this up yourself haven't you?

Cannot see us linked to him anywhere.

I repeat, this is a rumours thread, not a signed or a done deal one. 

I repeat, this is a rumours thread, not a signed or a done deal one. 
    You can still make up a rumour, check the itk thread.
  • Just seen Jack Wiltshire’s Dad dining with Andy Delort’s Dad at Nando's at the O2 . They were at Andy’s Dad’s usual table.
    Must have super strong binoculars to see from some Valley in New Zealand ;)
  • Why one in one out if we are out of the embargo now?
  • edited September 2020
    cafc4life said:
    Why one in one out if we are out of the embargo now?
    The wage cap I assume