Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Richard J said:
    How do loan rules work? 

If an experienced player was paid up by a Prem club like Jonny Williams was and we just paid a modest salary how would that relate to the cap if they came on loan or as with Jonny they signed full time? 
    With Jonny at the end of the season CP paid up his contract so he became a free agent. So he effectively would be a new signing for us and all of his wages would count to the Cap. Exactly the same situation at Adam Matthews

With loan players the percentage of the wages etc that we pay will go towards the cap. So if a payer is on 10k a week and we pay £3k of that , the mount that we pay goes towards the cap. 
    Unless they are u21 and then we could pay the full amount and none of it would count. 
  • Richard J said:
    How do loan rules work? 

If an experienced player was paid up by a Prem club like Jonny Williams was and we just paid a modest salary how would that relate to the cap if they came on loan or as with Jonny they signed full time? 
    With Jonny at the end of the season CP paid up his contract so he became a free agent. So he effectively would be a new signing for us and all of his wages would count to the Cap. Exactly the same situation at Adam Matthews

With loan players the percentage of the wages etc that we pay will go towards the cap. So if a payer is on 10k a week and we pay £3k of that , the mount that we pay goes towards the cap. 
    Thanks. 

So the age of the player doesn't matter? 

Would a U21 loanee's salary count at all towards the cap? 
  • under u21's i believe don't count at all
  • My guess is that even if we have signed anyone, they won’t be announced until a large photo shoot with LB & TS when TS is back in the country, so likely to be tomorrow or Friday morning 
  • cazo said:
    Yea I have given Bonne pelters since the restart basically. But I do think when in touch he is a natural finisher, most of his goals are quite frankly half chances at best. It's clear cut chances he seems to fluff. 

Can we really afford to give up someone who really is a talented striker, who runs the right lines? Even if he has been terrible for 4 months.

And again what use is the money for selling him?
  • cazo said:
    Yea I have given Bonne pelters since the restart basically. But I do think when in touch he is a natural finisher, most of his goals are quite frankly half chances at best. It's clear cut chances he seems to fluff. 

Can we really afford to give up someone who really is a talented striker, who runs the right lines? Even if he has been terrible for 4 months.

And again what use is the money for selling him?

You make it sound like 4 months is a short amount of time to be terrible.

He's a 25 year old striker who offers very little and shows no sign of any improvement. Get the cash, free up the wages and get someone else in. There is better options in L2 I'm sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully will put to bed any notion of getting Andre Green back

• Baffled by the "get rid of Bonne" comments, and the way 11 goals in 33 Championship games is a sign that he's not good enough for L1. Especially as his goal scoring ratio compared favourably to most other strikers in the division

Think his goal return last season is misleading, for every goal he scored I can think of 2 or 3 golden chances missed. The one on ones against Millwall and Wigan and also the one at Birmingham are unforgivable and ultimately sent us down.

He doesn't really offer anything, doesn't create anything, doesn't hold it up, been completely anonymous in three games so far this season.

He won't score the goals to get us promoted, we paid £200k for him. The only way he'll be of any value to us is if we make over £1m on him and allows to make space in both the squad and wage cap. 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Maddison back on our wanted listed 
    ITK or a guess?
  • Sponsored links:

• Part of me does wonder if LB is thinking if we get a decent offer for Bonne to cash in with a sell on clause as well. 

I am split as can see the attraction on cashing in and bringing someone else in but part f me thinks we may regret it later on. 
  • Baffled by the "get rid of Bonne" comments, and the way 11 goals in 33 Championship games is a sign that he's not good enough for L1. Especially as his goal scoring ratio compared favourably to most other strikers in the division
    Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen and a quite a few of other club scouts must be idiots for rating him. All this time they could have consulted the football experts on Charlton Life and found out that he’s in fact terrible. 

Not only have they worked out something Bowyer and his staff couldn’t, these experts are also able to sign a younger, better striker who is guaranteed to get 20+ goals a season. It’s a shame football clubs neglect all this grassroots scouting on Internet forums, they almost certainly know better than the professionals.

Sarcasm to one side, there’s a nice middle ground between “Bonne will get 25 goals this season guaranteed” and “Bonne is terrible we should accept any offer we get”. 

I doubt we’re the first set of fans who have differing opinions from their teams manager.  Its a game of opinions after all.

Im defo on the middle ground with Bonne, I don’t see him getting the amount of goals Taylor got but also think if played he’ll make double figures.  I think if the fee is right and it’s bowyers decision then so be it, he’s replaceable.
  • MattF said:
    ct_addick said:
    Can't we pay a signing on fee in lieu of wages to get around the salary cap ? 
    The salary cap covers other fees and expenses paid directly or indirectly to the player, so I would assume signing on fees come under that sadly
    TS needs to open a London office & give the players part jobs opening the post for a few grand a week.
    The Super League special! Player's wives were secretaries earning £200k or something ridiculous.

Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen and a quite a few of other club scouts must be idiots for rating him. All this time they could have consulted the football experts on Charlton Life and found out that he’s in fact terrible. 

Not only have they worked out something Bowyer and his staff couldn’t, these experts are also able to sign a younger, better striker who is guaranteed to get 20+ goals a season. It’s a shame football clubs neglect all this grassroots scouting on Internet forums, they almost certainly know better than the professionals.

Sarcasm to one side, there’s a nice middle ground between “Bonne will get 25 goals this season guaranteed” and “Bonne is terrible we should accept any offer we get”. 

No-one has said he's terrible just that he's not good enough to warrant turning down a potential £1.3m profit on him when his wages and place in the squad can be used to improve the squad. It may allow us to bring in a promising striker whilst also being able to get a permanent RB for example.

Reality is, if LB wants to get everything he wants/needs then a senior player is probably going to have to go, if it's a choice of Doughty or Bonne then I choose Bonne.
  • PopIcon said:
    No rumours then, just idle chat.
    Gotten cold hasn't it. How's work?