Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Did you hear the Talksport interview?

He said we be in London on Friday morning, i would also say he is going to take the opportunity to get in on the action for the big reveal :)
  • For Charlton to get promotion this season,
    It would not only take a good window now but a brilliant window in January  (or whenever the winter window is this year.)
  • So, no signings today then. Looks like we have all being lied to yet again.

Trust nobody.
     Is this our first official #sandgaardout ?
    Don't be stupid.

Just learnt to go by deeds & not words. Everyone was pissing their pants last Friday talking about 6,7,8 or even 9 signings. Bowyer saying they had 5 already lined up & hopefully be able to play Sunday (Watson did but he'd been training with us for 2 weeks by then).

Then people were saying get them in by Tues lunchtime & they can play against Fulham in the tin pot cup. Tues comes & goes......Nada.

Now Cawley is saying no signings today, although are few ITK are saying the Dane has already signed 

As I say.....trust nobody and you went be disappointed. 
  • LB has explained that there is a complicated set of possible moves within the restrictions of the cap, which obviously include the age of the player, their salary demands, the squad limits and whether or not it's a loan or a permanent move. All the pieces need to fit together to end up with the optimum squad. A player sale might be needed too, not for the transfer fee, but to free up a spot that is needed in a different position. Plus there's the dilemma of players who have been allowed to run down their contracts.

I trust the combination of LB and Steve Gallen to do the best they possibly can in the circumstances and thank goodness we are now backed by TS so if funding is required that is not an issue. So I'm trying to be patient (which is not always easy!)

Trust nobody.
    Don't be stupid.

Dare to dream, Golfie. It's more fun!:smile:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    TS is due in the country tomorrow, it is press day, and I reckon TS might be holding a conference himself.. maybe 2 or 3 tomorrow..

Danish I believe has signed, but waiting for him to arrive, which is taking a while because of COVID!

also our quality of targets have now changed!
    Love that last bit!! 

I trust the dream team anywho!!
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    TS is due in the country tomorrow, it is press day, and I reckon TS might be holding a conference himself.. maybe 2 or 3 tomorrow..

Danish I believe has signed, but waiting for him to arrive, which is taking a while because of COVID!

Cheers mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• I would think LB and SG will want some Premier loans, unfortunately, they may not be able to get them in until after October 5th, so they must leave some places in the squad for them
  • Can’t believe the negatively from some on here we have at last a genuine invested ownership and in Gallen and Bows two professionals with an excellent record on recruitment I am sure in a couple of weeks we will have a strong and attractive playing squad that in time will be getting the results we all want on the pitch 
    Probably shouldn't have said they have 10,000 players lined up to be fair. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Guessing we're looking at 5 players still

Matthews
    CB
    Maddison 
    Schwartz
    Another FW
    Be happy with that, would be 4 if Bonne stayed. 

I'm guessing the tricky bit is that the CB needs to be decent and if the above list is correct, probably U21. 
    Quick U21 loan should be the other striker - Bonne leaving should mean that he can get lots of playing time
    Or that Carvalho kid, definitely quick and looks tricky at a lower level. Definite goalscorer. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What happened to all these 'oven ready' signings we had lined up... This is stupid. We need players in and around the squad to start gaining experience and learning to play together. 
    We had a player in on trial from non league (love island?), maybe our targets have changed

Trust nobody.
    Who lied?
  • Why would Covid take longer for the Dane to arrive, if he's already arrived for a medical and to agree terms? 
  • mendonca said:
    Why would Covid take longer for the Dane to arrive, if he's already arrived for a medical and to agree terms? 
    He went back home after the medical
  • edited September 2020
  • Sponsored links:

Trust nobody.
    Trollllololololol 

Keep trolling if it makes you feel better

Trust nobody.
    Don't be stupid.

Just learnt to go by deeds & not words. Everyone was pissing their pants last Friday talking about 6,7,8 or even 9 signings. Bowyer saying they had 5 already lined up & hopefully be able to play Sunday (Watson did but he'd been training with us for 2 weeks by then).

Then people were saying get them in by Tues lunchtime & they can play against Fulham in the tin pot cup. Tues comes & goes......Nada.

Now Cawley is saying no signings today, although are few ITK are saying the Dane has already signed 

He stated 2/3 players will sign before Sundays game:
    Watson
    New CB

Both played, so he was correct. Granted there might be someone else in the door we expected early this week but he didn't really fail to deliver from his promises in that example.
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Yeah, from a press announcement angle it seems likely Thomas wants to be involved.
    Why shouldn't he enjoy the moment?

It could be players have already signed, they've been training with the squad today - but it's hushed, so as not to spoil tomorrow's announcement.

• DubaiCAFC said:

Supposition or been told something - Should this be on the ITK thread?
  • Just a stab in the dark 
  • mendonca said:
    Why would Covid take longer for the Dane to arrive, if he's already arrived for a medical and to agree terms? 
    Because he went back to Denmark, so presumably needs another negative test before he is allowed to return, which adds at least a day to the travel time