Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• see Dale Stephens Finally looked at a map and got his move oop north.
  • Players we gazump Sunderland for usually turn out alright.

;-)
    Expect him to go on strike at some point next season then.
  • edited September 2020
    Ali Ali Ali Ali   Koiki Koiki
    Ali Ali Ali Ali   Koiki Koiki

(to the tune of Allez allez allez allez)
  • cfgs said:
    Players we gazump Sunderland for usually turn out alright.

;-)
    Expect him to go on strike at some point next season then.
     Let's just say they serve a purpose.
  • The Covid travel restrictions, I thought that they didn't matter if you were travelling on business. Surely football is business? 
  • cfgs said:
    The Covid travel restrictions, I thought that they didn't matter if you were travelling on business. Surely football is business? 
    You probably still need to do required testing, which may require paperwork to be done/approved before you can travel.
    I'm not sure what Denmark's regulations entail?
  • cfgs said:
    The Covid travel restrictions, I thought that they didn't matter if you were travelling on business. Surely football is business? 
    Welcome back Roland.
  • Oggy Red said:
    cfgs said:
    You probably still need to do required testing, which may require paperwork to be done/approved before you can travel.
    I'm not sure what Denmark's regulations entail?
    With the International break he potentially would only miss the Sunderland game depending on his fitness levels. 
  • Sage said:
    I completely understand and recognise that we were under an embargo, but he was on trial with us the same time that Lockyer left to go to Luton. That is what surprised me as we weren’t too short on midfielders when we signed Levitt instead, we could’ve got Koiki at that time.

I guess that Levitt was available and we got it done, and decided if Koiki was available when we were in a position like we are now, we would revisit it.
    I assume he wanted more than 1.3k we could offer because of the embargo 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I'm pleased most everyone are content to wait for the right players, rather than sign the wrong players.
    43 games to go.
    Bowyer's always tried to go for quality rather than just average players - and has been prepared to wait.
    Signing Beilik and Cullen on loan just in time before the window closed springs to mind.

And as you say, 43 games to go. Almost the whole season left. Bowyer's still planning for promotion, you bet.

That's true, I remember panicking throughout January. Thank god we managed to get Davis, Smith and McGeady in though otherwise we would really have struggled. 
    Nothing like a transfer embargo that nobody knew about at the time, is there?

It was said in jest although I have to say I disagree with you. I don't think you can say Bowyer has always waited for quality rather than rushing. 

To be clear, I'm not blaming him in the slightest because of the circumstances surrounding each of the windows. But apart from the first, with Bielik and Cullen as you mention, I don't see any evidence that Bowyer has patiently waited for the right player. In the second, RD gave him nothing so he ended up signing Parker out of desperation. Last summer again he had nothing so we were missing out on players because of desirory wage offers, ending up with players like Hemed and Kayal. Then in January we had to wait until deadline day to sign pretty much anyone with two legs. 

Like I said, the blame is put entirely on others such as RD and Southall but I don't think you can confidently say Bowyer has patiently waited to sign the right player. He's been left with no choice in pretty much every window with mixed results. I do still have faith in Gallen and Bowyer, their first transfer window was a big success and with more of a budget I trust them to build a competitive squad. 
  • Beat me to it. Could be a good signing. I wonder why you would turn down a premier league deal to play in League One though. LB, JJ and TS must have some pulling power!
    Wonder if he’s spoken to pope and JBG about the club.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Be quite happy if we got Koiki, a striker (whether or not it's Schwartz ) , Maddison and Matthews and then looked at the loan market after that. 
    Happy with all of those. We definitely need a right footed CB as well though. Especially if Oshilaja is likely to need to provide cover for Matthews and sometimes play RB.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Be quite happy if we got Koiki, a striker (whether or not it's Schwartz ) , Maddison and Matthews and then looked at the loan market after that. 
    Happy with all of those. We definitely need a right footed CB as well though. Especially if Oshilaja is likely to need to provide cover for Matthews and sometimes play RB.
    Yeah definitely need a right sided CB , wonder if that would be one of the loans along with a Leko type winger/striker 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Yeah definitely need a right sided CB , wonder if that would be one of the loans along with a Leko type winger/striker 
    I reckon Bows has one in mind who will count towards the cap hence the consideration being made. At the moment, we couldn't sign all of Matthews, Schwartz, Maddison and the CB without getting rid of at least 1 senior player. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Koiki is at the same club as a Kiwi (Chris Wood) so it’s a simple yes from me.
  • He was at Burnley so I imagine he was on better wages than a typical League 1 club. As he is under 21 for the purposes of the salary cap does that mean we can offer him more than £2k pw as he doesnt "count" towards the salary cap figure ?
    yes

So what happens next season? Say we offer in $5k per week on a 3 year deal and we don't get promoted. It doesn't count this season as he's classed as under 21, but next year he'd be counted as over 21 and on a salary which exceeds the cap. What happens then?
    I doubt that's the case. I imagine they'll treated in the same way players we signed last season were, with the average wage being used for the salary cap.

Then again this is the EFL...
  • barstool said:o
    The Ronnie Schwartz potential transfer surprises me, he joins FC Midtiylland in the Danish Superliga in January 2020 on a 2.5 year contract, plays 15 games and now seems to be moving again! Can't get my head around that situation plus add the 15 games likely in a short space of time because of COVID.  The lure of the EFL !!
    I think he simply wants to have a shot at playing in England and this is possibly his last chance given his age
    Schwartz is frozen out at FC Midtjylland. Left out of the squad from their first game of the season late August. Contracted for two more years and 4k a week. Thats pretty much top dollar in Danish football.

Some Danish sources (Nordicbet and FC Midtjylland fans forum) suggests a loan move to Charlton. I know others have reported a deal is done, but not what kind of deal.
    Wouldn't be bad in a way if its a loan deal that can keep his wage down
    The Ronnie Schwartz potential transfer surprises me, he joins FC Midtiylland in the Danish Superliga in January 2020 on a 2.5 year contract, plays 15 games and now seems to be moving again! Can't get my head around that situation plus add the 15 games likely in a short space of time because of COVID.  The lure of the EFL !!
    I think he simply wants to have a shot at playing in England and this is possibly his last chance given his age
    Schwartz is frozen out at FC Midtjylland. Left out of the squad from their first game of the season late August. Contracted for two more years and 4k a week. Thats pretty much top dollar in Danish football.

Some Danish sources (Nordicbet and FC Midtjylland fans forum) suggests a loan move to Charlton. I know others have reported a deal is done, but not what kind of deal.
    We pay £2K pw wages (as do they) and we pay a £100K loan fee. Sorted.
    Even better, they pay all his wages and we pay a £200K loan fee.

We pay £2K pw wages (as do they) and we pay a £100K loan fee. Sorted.
    Even better, they pay all his wages and we pay a £200K loan fee.
    That would be the creative way around the wage cap.
    Get on the blower quick. Tell Thomas. :smile: