Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    barstool said:o
    The Ronnie Schwartz potential transfer surprises me, he joins FC Midtiylland in the Danish Superliga in January 2020 on a 2.5 year contract, plays 15 games and now seems to be moving again! Can't get my head around that situation plus add the 15 games likely in a short space of time because of COVID.  The lure of the EFL !!
    I think he simply wants to have a shot at playing in England and this is possibly his last chance given his age
    Schwartz is frozen out at FC Midtjylland. Left out of the squad from their first game of the season late August. Contracted for two more years and 4k a week. Thats pretty much top dollar in Danish football.

Some Danish sources (Nordicbet and FC Midtjylland fans forum) suggests a loan move to Charlton. I know others have reported a deal is done, but not what kind of deal.
    Wouldn't be bad in a way if its a loan deal that can keep his wage down
    We pay £2K pw wages (as do they) and we pay a £100K loan fee. Sorted.
    Even better, they pay all his wages and we pay a £200K loan fee.
    That would be the creative way around the wage cap.
    Get on the blower quick. Tell Thomas. :smile:

I'll tweet him now.  Someone else get him on LinkedIn!!
    Can’t you also ask him what his exit plan is as well.
  • Maddison has posted on his insta that he’s got a “big day ahead tomorrow 🤞”

could mean he’s signing for someone, could mean he’s excited for the fifa 21 demo, who knows..
    The Andy Delort of this transfer window - confirmed.

could mean he’s signing for someone, could mean he’s excited for the fifa 21 demo, who knows..
    Probably found a new gym

Well the picture is of his PlayStation controllers so probably Fifa.

The Andy Delort of this transfer window - confirmed.
    Has anyone messaged Marcus Maddison's dad on Twitter?
  • Maddison also linked too Sunderland. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What is confusing is if Bowyer is saying all the payments have to fit into the £2k per week cap, what exactly did our transfer embargo cover? We couldn't pay more than £1.3k in wages a week, but did that include all the extra costs, or was that just the wages?
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    How long will this wage cap hold? Seems mad to have the same cap regardless of turnover etc
    Are the PFA still mounting a legal challenge against it or not I wonder
    Even if they do, it won't change much at least not before January.

A majority of clubs in League One voted for it remember. It'll only get changed if it's proven to be illegal.

• I can't help thinking Bowyer is playing the "we can't spend due to the cap rules" to drive down the expectations of some of the players and their agents
    I agree. I think that wage/agent demands went up when TS arrived. 

Pre-takeover we apparently had signings 'lined up'. If you believe what LB has said tonight, then that was either total bullshit or they lined them up completely unaware of the existence of a wage cap. I can't believe those scenarios.
  • Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    How long will this wage cap hold? Seems mad to have the same cap regardless of turnover etc
    Are the PFA still mounting a legal challenge against it or not I wonder
    Even if they do, it won't change much at least not before January.

A majority of clubs in League One voted for it remember. It'll only get changed if it's proven to be illegal.

Belive they sought an injunction (sorry if that's a trigger word for anyone) at the time to stop the clubs from voting on it. Like you say even if it goes anywhere it won't be in this transfer window
  • Waiting for the EPL wage cap to be announced ! I agree clubs need to be sustainable but how can Championship clubs operate on $18 mil and get a promotion to the EPL and compete by then going out and put themselves in unsustainable debt
  • Surely we should just sign who we want to get out of this league, go over the cap and take the fine on the chin?
  • Oggy Red said:
    I can't help thinking Bowyer is playing the "we can't spend due to the cap rules" to drive down the expectations of some of the players and their agents
    I agree. I think that wage/agent demands went up when TS arrived. 

Pre-takeover we apparently had signings 'lined up'. If you believe what LB has said tonight, then that was either total bullshit or they lined them up completely unaware of the existence of a wage cap. I can't believe those scenarios.
    Bowyer said tonight that they are now being offered new players all the time.

Evidently some better players without a club are getting a bit anxious as the end of the window approaches.
    Bowyer said the wage cap is the challenge - I guess it's about trying to get the best players for the least money, and get it all to fit under the wage cap.

Yeah all sounds very positive, good stuff, at least it sounds like the days of “we couldn’t get it over the line” are gone.