Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited September 2020
    sammy391 said:
    Peter o’rourke from SSN just tweeted the same 

Charlton are closing in on the signing of former Burnley defender Ali Koiki on free transfer beating League One rivals Sunderland to his signature. #cafc #safc #BurnleyFC

The 2020 version of Cedric Evina. Now we can accurately compare our title winning 2012 squad against our current squad.
  • MattF said:
    Gotta love the Celtic fans, they over-analyse everything about as much as we do

Plus they all think he's a left back.

My fear is he goes there and is forced to play LWB. I'm sure he'd do that well enough, he did that here to start with, but his real quality is as high up the pitch as possible.
  • Beat me to it. Could be a good signing. I wonder why you would turn down a premier league deal to play in League One though. LB, JJ and TS must have some pulling power!
    Because it's made up bollox.....?
  • Agree with @golfaddick there, sometimes it does no favours to anybody to write in such a "Newsflash" style. It's like the old teamtalk.com days!
  • We were laughing at the credibility of this website earlier but now we like the website as we're being linked to a young decent sounding defender?! #FootballIsBack
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Koiki better than Kaikai?

I bleddy hope so!

Would hazard a guess neither are as good as Kaka.
  • He's a Croydon boy, I believe - released by Palace when he was still a lad. Spotted by Burnley scouts playing local football in Croydon..

After 4 years holed up in Burnley, he's coming back to his family. Can't blame him.

Out of contract. Burnley offered him a new contract, he turned it down - does that mean we're liable to pay Burnley a Development fee as he's under 23 years of age?
  • Yeah football insider is dodgy but if PO’R is tweeting it too, there’s definitely something happening there.
  • edited September 2020
    Hot dog jumping frog
    Ali Koiki
    Albuquerque?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    I completely understand and recognise that we were under an embargo, but he was on trial with us the same time that Lockyer left to go to Luton. That is what surprised me as we weren’t too short on midfielders when we signed Levitt instead, we could’ve got Koiki at that time.

I guess that Levitt was available and we got it done, and decided if Koiki was available when we were in a position like we are now, we would revisit it.
    More likely that he wanted more than 50p a week and a book of greenshield stamps, so we signed the bloke whose own club were likely to pay most of his wages.
  • He was at Burnley so I imagine he was on better wages than a typical League 1 club. As he is under 21 for the purposes of the salary cap does that mean we can offer him more than £2k pw as he doesnt "count" towards the salary cap figure ?
  • He was at Burnley so I imagine he was on better wages than a typical League 1 club. As he is under 21 for the purposes of the salary cap does that mean we can offer him more than £2k pw as he doesnt "count" towards the salary cap figure ?
    yes
  • edited September 2020
    Watch out, Ben ...... there's a new LB coming!

Apparently the lad played 15 games on loan for League 2 Champions Swindon Town last year, both as an LB and LM.
    Has some League experience with the best team in the League at the time.

EDIT: Got that a bit wrong. He played 15 games on loan for Swindon from January the year before, not last season.

yes

So what happens next season? Say we offer in $5k per week on a 3 year deal and we don't get promoted. It doesn't count this season as he's classed as under 21, but next year he'd be counted as over 21 and on a salary which exceeds the cap. What happens then?
  • Hot dog jumping frog
    Ali Koiki
    Albuquerque?
    King of Rock 'n Roll - Prefab Sprout.
  • RedRobin said:
    mendonca said:
    Why would Covid take longer for the Dane to arrive, if he's already arrived for a medical and to agree terms? 
    Denmark are now on the UK Covid list, so it isn’t as easy to come over now I guess? 
    Great, sounds like a great big cock up in organization, someone not got
    their head screwed on  :s
    yes

So what happens next season? Say we offer in $5k per week on a 3 year deal and we don't get promoted. It doesn't count this season as he's classed as under 21, but next year he'd be counted as over 21 and on a salary which exceeds the cap. What happens then?
    You either keep him on existing salary, which reduces your options on numbers/quality additions to the squad. Or you sell him.

Anyway Bowyer will be enticing players to sign, telling them the aim is promotion.
    That's what he did in 2018-19.