Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• _MrDick said:
    What’s happened to this Danish Striker we were linked with the other day?
    I don't think he was one of the four lined up for today. 
  • Presumably Matthews and his agent are biding their time to see if a Championship club makes an offer. The player is certainly at that level and, given the new salary cap in League 1 (approximating to an average of around £100,000 per player), you can't blame him for seeking a multiple of that if it's a possibility. I'm guessing it will be sorted out one way or another in the next week or so and it would be great if we can get him.

The risk for the player is that there are only so many jobs out there and, with the return of crowds now postponed, a lot of loss-making Championship clubs will be tightening their belts.

I believe that Kieron Maguire said on 'The Price of Football' podcast that the average salary in the Championship is around £800K. In the last episode, he reported that the Premier League are trying to force Championship clubs to implement an £18million salary cap from next season as one of the conditions of any support for EFL clubs - even that equates to an average of around £750K p.a. with a 24 man squad. 
  • Blucher said:
    Presumably Matthews and his agent are biding their time to see if a Championship club makes an offer. The player is certainly at that level and, given the new salary cap in League 1 (approximating to an average of around £100,000 per player), you can't blame him for seeking a multiple of that if it's a possibility. I'm guessing it will be sorted out one way or another in the next week or so and it would be great if we can get him.

The risk for the player is that there are only so many jobs out there and, with the return of crowds now postponed, a lot of loss-making Championship clubs will be tightening their belts.

I believe that Kieron Maguire said on 'The Price of Football' podcast that the average salary in the Championship is around £800K. In the last episode, he reported that the Premier League are trying to force Championship clubs to implement an £18million salary cap from next season as one of the conditions of any support for EFL clubs - even that equates to an average of around £750K p.a. with a 24 man squad. 
    We'd be paying him more than £2k
  • Blucher said:
    Presumably Matthews and his agent are biding their time to see if a Championship club makes an offer. The player is certainly at that level and, given the new salary cap in League 1 (approximating to an average of around £100,000 per player), you can't blame him for seeking a multiple of that if it's a possibility. I'm guessing it will be sorted out one way or another in the next week or so and it would be great if we can get him.

He's pretty much had a month to sort that Championship move though... If he's still training @ Sparrows Lane then I'd certainly question if there has been any interest as clubs must have offered him more than what we would regardless if they were at all by now?
  • Booooo we were promised signings!
  • As Thomas would say...patience, will see some soon, hopefully
  • Although we had up until 12 noon today to get them registered in time for Lincoln you have to remember its Saturday. The person at the EFL is probably not working today. 
  • has steven Taylor been mentioned?

• Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    has steven Taylor been mentioned?

Hasnt he gone to India? 
  • Redhenry said:

Yes, then dismissed as he had gone to India.  Maybe Covid-19 has prevented that? 
  • Taylor would offer experience but I’m not sure he’s pulled trees up in recent years. 
  • Redhenry said:

I hope not. Surely we can do a bit better 
  • Redhenry said:
    he was mentioned to me as joining
    Yeah he only joined the Indian club on the 16th Sept
  • Thomasout
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:

Yes, then dismissed as he had gone to India.  Maybe Covid-19 has prevented that? 
    Ex team mate of Bows. 

Would take him as cover. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps Taylor was on the ‘if we’re stuck with ESI’ B list
  • Would anybody welcome back Andre Green? I've not seen any talk about him coming back but not sure he did enough.
  • mendonca said:
    Would anybody welcome back Andre Green? I've not seen any talk about him coming back but not sure he did enough.
    You would think he would be good enough for this level, wouldn't you? 
  • There was some talk of him a few weeks ago, he'd be a decent enough squad option if he's still without a club
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    _MrDick said:
    What’s happened to this Danish Striker we were linked with the other day?
    I don't think he was one of the four lined up for today. 
    Schwarz apparently had his medical with us the other day, someone posted on here. 
  • Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:

Ex team mate of Bows. 

Would take him as cover. 
    I’d like to see us do better. Still doubts over Deji so I'd hope we can bring in a decent one to partner Pearce. 

Ben Heneghan could be worth a look. Released by Sheffield Utd, should be coming into his prime and I believe he's had a couple of decent years at Blackpool.