Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Not sure about Maddison. Bowyer might have been an aggy player when younger, but remember the level he played at. I'm not sure he'd deal with that behaviour from a L1 Wannabee legend.
  • Washington and Bonne won’t score enough to win us promotion in my view. Who knows about the Danish lad even if he signs. We need another striker. Completely accept how difficult that is. 
  • mendonca said:
    Not sure about Maddison. Bowyer might have been an aggy player when younger, but remember the level he played at. I'm not sure he'd deal with that behaviour from a L1 Wannabee legend.
    It would raise my eyebrow!
  • Washington and Bonne won’t score enough to win us promotion in my view. Who knows about the Danish lad even if he signs. We need another striker. Completely accept how difficult that is. 
    I’m sure we’ll get another striker and I expect it’ll be the Danish one.

Thought we might have another signing or two today but it could be any little thing meaning more will go through early next week, it isn’t necessarily negotiations still going on.
  • Would our comms team have travelled to Lincoln today to cover tomorrow’s game? If so, could that means signings completed but not announced yet?
  • I know his attitude is a bit suspect but I'd take Marcus Maddison on a one year deal with an option for another. No real risk to us then for a proven player at this level.
    I guess the risk is his poor attitude disrupts our team spirit, 
  • Would our comms team have travelled to Lincoln today to cover tomorrow’s game? 

Or do they sit at home and watch the stream like everybody else?

I would like the Danish bloke AND another striker, but this time a small, nippy one. A bit of a poacher like BWP or (even better) Mark Stein. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I know his attitude is a bit suspect but I'd take Marcus Maddison on a one year deal with an option for another. No real risk to us then for a proven player at this level.
    The risk is his attitude. Posh fans told us this in the pub 3/4 years ago when we much admired him. It hasn't improved apparently or Hull would have taken him. I wonder if Lee Bowyer is really the right manager for him. 
    Hull didn't want him because he decided to do a Taylor and not play after the restart.

However is it possible that the last couple of months may have changed his attitude a bit? Bloke no doubt expected clubs to be queueing up to sign him, but the possibility not having a club might have made him into less of a big time charlie. 

I definitely agree we need another striker, but I think Bonne will score plenty in this division with a decent midfield behind him, and Washington has 2 in 2 so far.
  • Richard J said:
    It would be a brave move to turn down an EFL contract for the season in favour of playing in India.
  • Worth players and agents considering that we’re now one of the very few L1 & L2 clubs who are completely secure against going bust this season.
    The risk is his attitude. Posh fans told us this in the pub 3/4 years ago when we much admired him. It hasn't improved apparently or Hull would have taken him. I wonder if Lee Bowyer is really the right manager for him. 
    I live in Peterborough and his attitude is really bad. Good player though but Bowyer would need to have a word in his ear. 
  • redbuttle said:
    I know his attitude is a bit suspect but I'd take Marcus Maddison on a one year deal with an option for another. No real risk to us then for a proven player at this level.
    I live in Peterborough and his attitude is really bad. Good player though but Bowyer would need to have a word in his ear. 
    The trouble is that one bad apple can destroy the ‘team’ togetherness. Not sure he is worth the risk.
  • Maybe being out of a job for this length of time has made him reflect on his attitude as a professional footballer. Not holding my breath on that
  • Maddison aint what we need! Fed up with clowns thinking they’re the dogs bollox score a few goals in league 1 think they’re all that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Maddison aint what we need! Fed up with clowns thinking they’re the dogs bollox score a few goals in league 1 think they’re all that 
    Very few gave a shit when Taylor was doing well for us. The bloke was a dickhead throughout but you don’t mind when they’re performing on the pitch. Football fans are very fickle. 

I’m not sure on Maddison but I don’t mind a bit of arrogance generally. Not ideal but if he helps get us up then I’d accept it. 
    Di Canio was arrogant, albeit less so by the time he came to us.
  • J BLOCK said:
    One thing that is so unique in Bowyer and Gallen, is that whoever they bring in despite their past - I have total faith Bowyer will get the best out of them. His track record of improving players is phenomenal. 
    I give you Joe Ledley
  • J BLOCK said:
    One thing that is so unique in Bowyer and Gallen, is that whoever they bring in despite their past - I have total faith Bowyer will get the best out of them. His track record of improving players is phenomenal. 
    I give you Joe Ledley
    and McGeady
    Very few gave a shit when Taylor was doing well for us. The bloke was a dickhead throughout but you don’t mind when they’re performing on the pitch. Football fans are very fickle. 

I’m not sure on Maddison but I don’t mind a bit of arrogance generally. Not ideal but if he helps get us up then I’d accept it. 
    Di Canio was arrogant, albeit less so by the time he came to us.
    But a consummate professional 
  • There is a very faint chance that we have signed someone else and they are simply spreading the excitement by announcing it tomorrow. That is if they missed the midday deadline.
  • MattF said:
    Not going to judge Bowyer and Gallen for any signings they made under the reign of ESI 1. Joe Ledley was likely just part of the con with the timing of his signing
    Yep anyone that hasn't been a short term fix has worked.