Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• what happens with a loan player and the salary cap, for example we take a loan in who earns £2k, his club pay 50% leaving us to pay £1k, how does that work out with the salary cap to us is he a £1k player or £2k player?
    If he is u21 then doesn’t count at all. Over 21 can only be the loan fee we are paying 
  • shine166 said:
    what happens with a loan player and the salary cap, for example we take a loan in who earns £2k, his club pay 50% leaving us to pay £1k, how does that work out with the salary cap to us is he a £1k player or £2k player?
    I'd presume its only what you pay that comes out of your cap 
    I am not sure what constitutes "under 21" either.  Is it they have to be under 21 or eligible to play u21 International football?

It must be the latter else you could be fucked on someone's birthday!! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    what happens with a loan player and the salary cap, for example we take a loan in who earns £2k, his club pay 50% leaving us to pay £1k, how does that work out with the salary cap to us is he a £1k player or £2k player?
    I am not sure what constitutes "under 21" either.  Is it they have to be under 21 or eligible to play u21 International football?

That means they can be up to 23-years of age doesnt it?

As when each Euro U21 comes around, players who were U21 at start of Qualifying can still play
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:

That means they can be up to 23-years of age doesnt it?

As when each Euro U21 comes around, players who were U21 at start of Qualifying can still play
    Yeah but you can also be 22 and not eligible. 
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/marcus-evans-on-salary-cap/

Players under 21 at the turn of the year (2020) are exempt from the salary calculations

So basically any player who was 20 on the 31st December 2019 is exempt
  • Be great seeing us linked with players again. Even if there's zero truth in them it'll be nice seeing rumours again. Agents will be falling over themselves to link players with us, as i'd guess we'll now be one of the very few clubs in league one who can afford to buy players. 
  • Doughty, Morgan, AMB, Dempsey, Wiredu all count as under 21s. Famewo and Lapslie don't
  • Doughty, Morgan, AMB, Dempsey, Wiredu all count as under 21s. Famewo and Lapslie don't
    Famewo is a loan, therefore doesn't count towards wage cap 
  • CAFCDB said:
    Doughty, Morgan, AMB, Dempsey, Wiredu all count as under 21s. Famewo and Lapslie don't
    What we pay does 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDB said:
    Doughty, Morgan, AMB, Dempsey, Wiredu all count as under 21s. Famewo and Lapslie don't
    What we pay does 
    Say last year we would have paid £100k fee and then £1k a month wages (made up figure). Could we now pay £150k feee and no wage contribution?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDB said:
    What we pay does 
    Say last year we would have paid £100k fee and then £1k a month wages (made up figure). Could we now pay £150k feee and no wage contribution?
    I have no idea but that sounds like you could.  Also what if, as an example, we loaned Phillips to a championship club and they loaned us 2 players in return and paid all 3 lots of wages? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2020
    8-minutes people!!
  • I thought I read yesterday that there were only going to be 2 in for Sunday? Not expecting anything at 12 tbh
  • I thought I read yesterday that there were only going to be 2 in for Sunday? Not expecting anything at 12 tbh
    Two, possibly three Bowyer said yesterday
    Ah I missed that, surely Matthews is in the building then
    He did though Cawley said 4.