Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Could do with Grant being sold to get a nice sell on fee to boost the budget and it won't be going to ESI 
    According to sky WBA have offered a loan with an obligation to buy so any potential sell on would be through the door early next summer if Huddersfield accept
    Could work out very well if we went up this season 
  • So Bowyer said in the interview with Ben Ransom that he wants 7/8 signings. I'd guess something like two right backs, two centre backs, a left back, a winger, a striker and a winger or striker as the 8th.
  • Scoham said:
    So Bowyer said in the interview with Ben Ransom that he wants 7/8 signings. I'd guess something like two right backs, two centre backs, a left back, a winger, a striker and a winger or striker as the 8th.
    Included Watson so I reckon 6/7 more. 3/4 defenders and 2/3 wingers/strikers. 
  • Could do with Grant being sold to get a nice sell on fee to boost the budget and it won't be going to ESI 
    According to sky WBA have offered a loan with an obligation to buy so any potential sell on would be through the door early next summer if Huddersfield accept
    How would that benefit Huddersfield? Any loan fee wouldn’t be high enough to get them a replacement 
  • edited September 2020
    Scoham said:
    So Bowyer said in the interview with Ben Ransom that he wants 7/8 signings. I'd guess something like two right backs, two centre backs, a left back, a winger, a striker and a winger or striker as the 8th.

Bowyer has already spoken about wanting to send Josh Davidson out on loan. Around the current 1st team, no doubt there are a couple of other youngsters to go out also.

He'll be hoping to pull in squad replacements for those, perhaps?

• Scoham said:
    Bows will want the best players he can sign and sort the formation out later. Expect midfielders because they are the best players in the team as they see the play 3D, see passes, have ball skills, can beat a player, score goals, can tackle, and have a football brain.

Funnily enough, I was a midfielder.
  • Must be tempting to go crazy but hope Bowyer doesn't, don't think we need to add many more, don't want a bloated squad of league one standard players when we go up.

Matthews
    Lynch (sarr replacement)
    Lockyer replacement
    Danish forward 
    One of those Wide forwards bowyer seems to like, Leko/green 
    Loan in another Prem youngster to cover JFC/Williams breaking down

Deji/ Baker should be good enough to cover rb, Dougherty Lb cover, unless Gallen has a few decent deals lined up that would really make the difference and step up next season, then I'd see the above added making a decent promotion worthy squad.
  • I’m assuming Watson is the eyebrow signing ? 
    How would that benefit Huddersfield? Any loan fee wouldn’t be high enough to get them a replacement 
    It doesn't really but Karlan has seemingly downed tools and wants out so it may be a case of getting whatever they can from him and moving on.

• I’m assuming Watson is the eyebrow signing ? 
    Yes that was confirmed by Richard Cawley
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems not many agree but I still think we need at least another centre mid 
    A Gallagher tenacious attacking type would do me.

Or Gallagher.
  • Whatever happened to Diego Poyet? Was so good in his first spell. 
  • edited September 2020
    Whatever happened to Diego Poyet? Was so good in his first spell. 
    Chased the money and went to sit on West Ham's bench for 2 years
    Another one wouldn’t surprise me, Bowyer does like having plenty of options there.
  • Why does our new signing look like my grandad? 
  • MattF said:
    Whatever happened to Diego Poyet? Was so good in his first spell. 
    Chased the momey and went to sit on West Ham's bench for 2 years
    I get that. But the ability must still be there somewhere. 
    Not my priority...

Yes it's great having lots of options in every position, but post lockdown we ended up fine in centre midfield, but short up front and at both left and right back. WE sent back Davis and Smith as we didn't need them
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon after the perm signing we will see a few loans from the prem, if we are now in a position to be picky, I think we need 2 RBs, 2CBs, 1 LB and 1 RF.  If we’re going to use Doughty properly, we need another one similar on the other wing.
  • EastStand said:
    Watson looks like my dad but the poor bloke is 2 years older than me.

Just goes to show exercise is fucking bad for you. 
    Off to the ‘Hangover’ thread you go. I hope you had a good night.
  • Just wonder with the new found optimism if Phillips is having second thoughts,Charlton is going to be a good place to be.
  • Just wonder with the new found optimism if Phillips is having second thoughts,Charlton is going to be a good place to be.
    Could sign a year extension with a release clause in that would be triggered if we don’t get promoted, would work for both parties I think?!
    Think Amos signed on the basis that he'd be no.1 though, I think we should let Phillips leave. 
  • CHGCHG
    edited September 2020
    ButtleJR said:
    Just wonder with the new found optimism if Phillips is having second thoughts,Charlton is going to be a good place to be.
    Think Amos signed on the basis that he'd be no.1 though, I think we should let Phillips leave. 
    It will be refreshing knowing now that if Phillips is sold we will invest back into the team. 
  • I think we should let him go and reinvest the money,but maybe he made his decision when the club was at its lowest level and may now be regretting it,especially if he thinks he could have got a decent contract.
  • CHG said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Just wonder with the new found optimism if Phillips is having second thoughts,Charlton is going to be a good place to be.
    It will be refreshing knowing now that if Phillips is sold we will invest back into the team. 
    I think that’s the most frustrating thing about last 3/4 seasons. Excluding Lookman we’ve lost all our best players for basically nothing and haven’t been able to bring replacements in.

To think we received less than for 10 million for Grant, Konsa, Pope, Aribo, Bauer & Fosu and only seen 200K spent on Bonne. 
  • I think we should let him go and reinvest the money,but maybe he made his decision when the club was at its lowest level and may now be regretting it,especially if he thinks he could have got a decent contract.
    A new contract will be limited by the salary cap, we might not be able to even offer him what he’s on now.

I guess we’ll be offering substantial promotion bonuses since those don’t appear to count as part of the salary cap.