Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Adam Matthews and Joel Lynch is my guess
    Not hundred percent it will be Joel. I know he has been speaking with other clubs recently. 
  • The as yet unnamed centre back maybe
  • Matthews &watson
  • edited September 2020
    cazo said:
    Matthews &watson

Great folk band.
  • edited September 2020
    Gammon said:
    Finally able to look at this thread now without weeping. Still need the tissues the way this takeover has made me feel
    Tears or something else, actually, don’t answer!!
  • Eyebrow raiser Ben Watson...hmmm 35 not massive eyebrow mover for me 
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    We need a centre half and a right back ASAP , hopefully Joel Lynch And Adams Matthews. Then Im guessing , Ben Watson will come in to bolster the midfield. We need one more striker so I'm guessing that could be Rocket Ronnie, the other 2 or 3 will be Premier loans im guessing. 
    Hope we make a few more signings than those seven to be honest...

2x RBs - One being Matthews, the other I'd happily have as an Andy Hughes type player
    1x LB - Again same as Hughes but then there is that Arsenal lad mentioned
    2x CBs - Joel Lynch and one other
    1x Striker - Ronnie Schwartz as allows Davison to go on loan
    3x CMs - Allows the likes of Vennings to focus on U23s, maybe a loan, just strengthens us there, Ben Watson will be one
    1x Winger - Maybe, if we're going to persist with playing 4-3-3
    Depends on what we do with the salary cap i guess.

Can't see us signing 2 RB's as once we sign Matthews, we also have Barker and Deji who can cover there.
    Lynch is a CB who can also cover at LB so we may stick with him and Purrington.

Not convinced we need 3 more CMs. That's probably the position we're most covered. If we get Watson then with Pratley, Morgan, JFC, Gilbey and Levitt that's 6 players for 3 midfield positions.

Would expect our first choice XI to look something like this once Pearce is fit and that's even without any more signings beyond those currently rumoured.

Amos, Matthews, Lynch, Pearce, Purrington, Pratley, Watson, Gilbey, Doughty, Washington, Schwarz. That's a strong league one team.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    We need a centre half and a right back ASAP , hopefully Joel Lynch And Adams Matthews. Then Im guessing , Ben Watson will come in to bolster the midfield. We need one more striker so I'm guessing that could be Rocket Ronnie, the other 2 or 3 will be Premier loans im guessing. 

2x RBs - One being Matthews, the other I'd happily have as an Andy Hughes type player
    3x CMs - Allows the likes of Vennings to focus on U23s, maybe a loan, just strengthens us there, Ben Watson will be one

Can't see us signing 2 RB's as once we sign Matthews, we also have Barker and Deji who can cover there.

Not convinced we need 3 more CMs. That's probably the position we're most covered. If we get Watson then with Pratley, Morgan, JFC, Gilbey and Levitt that's 6 players for 3 midfield positions.

Would expect our first choice XI to look something like this once Pearce is fit and that's even without any more signings beyond those currently rumoured.

Amos, Matthews, Lynch, Pearce, Purrington, Pratley, Watson, Gilbey, Doughty, Washington, Schwarz. That's a strong league one team.
    With Bonne, aneke, Williams all on the bench. If we have Watson, I think we might go with Williams is oztumer and attack a bit more
  • CH4RLTON said:

I’d like a better CB then Lynch, one who is right footed. 

Agree on CMs, definitely don’t need another one after Watson, you missed Lapslie so we actually have 7. 
    You obviously have high eyebrows already. 
    Maybe not, but what a player to have in your squad.
  • CH4RLTON said:

Agree on CMs, definitely don’t need another one after Watson, you missed Lapslie so we actually have 7. 
    Agree with that. Was saying that i don't think we'll sign another LB as Purrington is ok at this level and then Lynch (who looks likely to sign) can cover there as well. But i agree we'd need another CB.
    CR7 is 35, wouldn’t you have him? 
    Yeah didn’t realise we were signing him? Just never feels right to me people who are towards the end of their career wanting to move closer to home...can work both ways and hope he does well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Adam Matthews next?

Be ideal wouldnt it... Watson can start now instead of Gilbey

Matthews can start at Right-Back giving the Defence even more balance as felt that was the biggest issue against Doncaster
  • CH4RLTON said:

Agree with that. Was saying that i don't think we'll sign another LB as Purrington is ok at this level and then Lynch (who looks likely to sign) can cover there as well. But i agree we'd need another CB.
    Yeah that’s fair, Deji and Doughty both played LB too. I’d be happy with 7 defenders so think we need 4. A winger and striker with Watson would be my 7.
  • edited September 2020
  • CH4RLTON said:

We were linked with that young Arsenal left back, I'll be very surprised if Bowyer's not aiming for at least two players per position. We need balance and depth throughout the squad, not centre backs playing at full back as soon as we get an injury or suspension.
  • edited September 2020
    Scoham said:
    CH4RLTON said:

We were linked with that young Arsenal left back, I'll be very surprised if Bowyer's not aiming for at least two players per position. We need balance and depth throughout the squad, not centre backs playing at full back as soon as we get an injury or suspension.
    In an ideal world yes but it depends on the salary cap. No idea how we're fixed but if things get a bit tight then having players who can cover 2 positions might be the way to go.

Obviously having 2 decent players for each position is preferable though.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'm wondering why you would with the season in progress be having medicals or waiting to sign for a club that has no owner? 

Surely you'd be looking elsewhere?
    Almost like they've currently been assured good news is coming. 
    Told you all... I wasn't itk, but likeothers feelings.