Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Happy to go on the ITK list @Dazzler21

Joel Lynch will not be joining. 
    Where is he heading to? 

I assume we must have another CB lined up then
  • With so many clubs in financial turmoil right now, I really think we could hoover up some top class talent from clubs in and around us. 

Where is he heading to? 
    Did not ask. Probably someone rubbish.
    Of course it is... He's not joining us!! 
  • Left back , 2x centre backs , Matthews and 2 more strikers? Or is that greedy ? 
  • Redrobo said:
    Eyebrow raiser Ben Watson...hmmm 35 not massive eyebrow mover for me 
    Maybe not, but what a player to have in your squad.
    Pratley is 35 probably fittest player on our books
  • Sponsored links:

• My positivity about Lynch was due partly to the fact he is left footed centre back and they are rare . I saw him as a stop gap for Pearce . QPR fans have not given him good reviews when I went on one of their Forums . They said ( like Danny Mills ) he liked a Xmas suspension 

If there are better options with an increased budget I am happy , but equally if he signed it wouldn't be a bad signing in L1 . I suspect Wycombe might be interested .
  • wmcf123 said:
    Left back , 2x centre backs , Matthews and 2 more strikers? Or is that greedy ? 
    No but  I would suspect that there might be outgoings as well 

I assume we must have another CB lined up then
    Probably Roger Johnson 
  • Scoham said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    We need a centre half and a right back ASAP , hopefully Joel Lynch And Adams Matthews. Then Im guessing , Ben Watson will come in to bolster the midfield. We need one more striker so I'm guessing that could be Rocket Ronnie, the other 2 or 3 will be Premier loans im guessing. 
    Hope we make a few more signings than those seven to be honest...

2x RBs - One being Matthews, the other I'd happily have as an Andy Hughes type player
    1x LB - Again same as Hughes but then there is that Arsenal lad mentioned
    2x CBs - Joel Lynch and one other
    1x Striker - Ronnie Schwartz as allows Davison to go on loan
    3x CMs - Allows the likes of Vennings to focus on U23s, maybe a loan, just strengthens us there, Ben Watson will be one
    1x Winger - Maybe, if we're going to persist with playing 4-3-3
    Depends on what we do with the salary cap i guess.

Can't see us signing 2 RB's as once we sign Matthews, we also have Barker and Deji who can cover there.
    Lynch is a CB who can also cover at LB so we may stick with him and Purrington.

Not convinced we need 3 more CMs. That's probably the position we're most covered. If we get Watson then with Pratley, Morgan, JFC, Gilbey and Levitt that's 6 players for 3 midfield positions.

Would expect our first choice XI to look something like this once Pearce is fit and that's even without any more signings beyond those currently rumoured.

Amos, Matthews, Lynch, Pearce, Purrington, Pratley, Watson, Gilbey, Doughty, Washington, Schwarz. That's a strong league one team.
    I’d like a better CB then Lynch, one who is right footed. 

Agree on CMs, definitely don’t need another one after Watson, you missed Lapslie so we actually have 7. 
    Agree with that. Was saying that i don't think we'll sign another LB as Purrington is ok at this level and then Lynch (who looks likely to sign) can cover there as well. But i agree we'd need another CB.
    We were linked with that young Arsenal left back, I'll be very surprised if Bowyer's not aiming for at least two players per position. We need balance and depth throughout the squad, not centre backs playing at full back as soon as we get an injury or suspension.
    In an ideal world yes but it depends on the salary cap. No idea how we're fixed but if things get a bit tight then having players who can cover 2 positions might be the way to go.

Obviously having 2 decent players for each position is preferable though.
    I just don't see Bowyer and Gallen using their budget in that way, especially after the injury problems we've had in the last few years.

Loaning u21 Prem playerslike Levitt is one way around it as they won't count towards the salary cap, so I expect we'll see at least a couple more come in.
  • I'm hoping the next two will be centre backs. That's what we need most urgently.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    We need a centre half and a right back ASAP , hopefully Joel Lynch And Adams Matthews. Then Im guessing , Ben Watson will come in to bolster the midfield. We need one more striker so I'm guessing that could be Rocket Ronnie, the other 2 or 3 will be Premier loans im guessing. 
    Hope we make a few more signings than those seven to be honest...

2x RBs - One being Matthews, the other I'd happily have as an Andy Hughes type player
    1x LB - Again same as Hughes but then there is that Arsenal lad mentioned
    2x CBs - Joel Lynch and one other
    1x Striker - Ronnie Schwartz as allows Davison to go on loan
    3x CMs - Allows the likes of Vennings to focus on U23s, maybe a loan, just strengthens us there, Ben Watson will be one
    1x Winger - Maybe, if we're going to persist with playing 4-3-3
    Depends on what we do with the salary cap i guess.

Can't see us signing 2 RB's as once we sign Matthews, we also have Barker and Deji who can cover there.
    Lynch is a CB who can also cover at LB so we may stick with him and Purrington.

Not convinced we need 3 more CMs. That's probably the position we're most covered. If we get Watson then with Pratley, Morgan, JFC, Gilbey and Levitt that's 6 players for 3 midfield positions.

Would expect our first choice XI to look something like this once Pearce is fit and that's even without any more signings beyond those currently rumoured.

Amos, Matthews, Lynch, Pearce, Purrington, Pratley, Watson, Gilbey, Doughty, Washington, Schwarz. That's a strong league one team.
    I’d like a better CB then Lynch, one who is right footed. 

Agree on CMs, definitely don’t need another one after Watson, you missed Lapslie so we actually have 7. 
    Agree with that. Was saying that i don't think we'll sign another LB as Purrington is ok at this level and then Lynch (who looks likely to sign) can cover there as well. But i agree we'd need another CB.
    We were linked with that young Arsenal left back, I'll be very surprised if Bowyer's not aiming for at least two players per position. We need balance and depth throughout the squad, not centre backs playing at full back as soon as we get an injury or suspension.
    In an ideal world yes but it depends on the salary cap. No idea how we're fixed but if things get a bit tight then having players who can cover 2 positions might be the way to go.

Obviously having 2 decent players for each position is preferable though.
    I just don't see Bowyer and Gallen using their budget in that way, especially after the injury problems we've had in the last few years.

Loaning u21 Prem playerslike Levitt is one way around it as they won't count towards the salary cap, so I expect we'll see at least a couple more come in.
    Definitely, I don’t think anymore than 3 will count towards the cap, maybe Matthews, a CB and Striker. Then another couple of defenders and a winger on loan. 
  • Chris Gunter could be a decent shout, plays either side so him, Purrington and Matthews completes the set with Deji, Doughty and Lapslie as cover. 
  • Jazz Richards is free at the moment if we want an alternative Welsh RB
  • Sponsored links:

• Chris Gunter could be a decent shout, plays either side so him, Purrington and Matthews completes the set with Deji, Doughty and Lapslie as cover. 
    Said that in May!
  • Jazz Richards is free at the moment if we want an alternative Welsh RB
    I’d take him too 
  • I did wonder about Jordan Spence as a right back / centre back. Would have been at West Ham when Bowyer was. 
  • I imagine we've signed at least one other player today, but they'll be announced tomorrow. I can't imagine us actually doing the paperwork and interviews tomorrow on a day when office staff (Chris P, Olly etc) wouldn't have expected to be working
    Ben Watson has signed today. 
    In addition to Ben Watson. Announce one today, one or two tomorrow morning
  • Could do with Grant being sold to get a nice sell on fee to boost the budget and it won't be going to ESI 
    I really don’t think budget will be an issue. We’re in the position that the most we could offer is about 4k a week. I don’t know of many players who would command a high transfer fee but then be on 4k.
  • I imagine we've signed at least one other player today, but they'll be announced tomorrow. I can't imagine us actually doing the paperwork and interviews tomorrow on a day when office staff (Chris P, Olly etc) wouldn't have expected to be working
    Sorry, but if you work for a company that is what you do.
    Their success is your future.
    It is also what you do and should be proud to do.
    Money gets you up in the morning, pride makes you do a good job.
  • Could do with Grant being sold to get a nice sell on fee to boost the budget and it won't be going to ESI 
    According to sky WBA have offered a loan with an obligation to buy so any potential sell on would be through the door early next summer if Huddersfield accept