Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Seems not many agree but I still think we need at least another centre mid 
    Agreed... Our midfield options compared with last year with this is ridiculous - Still feels like many dont think an injury crisis could hit us again 

It's not that, but in that case should we be having three for every position just in case. You don't have 10 CM's because you might have 5/6 injuires in that positon. Does that mean we need 6+ CB's and Strikers? We'd end up with a squad of about 35 (impossible because of salary cap anyway unless they are all kids). 

I actually agree I would have another CM in terms of quality but we need to focus on getting 3/4 defenders and a striker before we start worrying about the midfield. 
  • edited September 2020
    Seems not many agree but I still think we need at least another centre mid 
    Agreed... Our midfield options compared with last year with this is ridiculous - Still feels like many dont think an injury crisis could hit us again 

It's not that, but in that case should we be having three for every position just in case. You don't have 10 CM's because you might have 5/6 injuires in that positon. Does that mean we need 6+ CB's and Strikers? We'd end up with a squad of about 35 (impossible because of salary cap anyway unless they are all kids). 

I actually agree I would have another CM in terms of quality but we need to focus on getting 3/4 defenders and a striker before we start worrying about the midfield. 
    Yeh know what you mean there, definitely agree that its time to focus on bringing in some Defenders and a Striker first as without balance to the team I think we'll continue to struggle like what we saw last weekend - Dont think we should be too concerned either though if Bowyer brings in Midfielders before other areas are fully sorted... He's very much the type of Manager who wont waste an opportunity as we've potentially seen with the signing of Levitt
  • edited September 2020
    What’s the deadline today to get deals done for tomorrow?
  • 12 lunch time
  • But as I always like to say... Just because a deal hasnt been announced by 12, doesnt mean the deal wasnt completed before then
  • Whatever happened to Diego Poyet? Was so good in his first spell. 
    Defo doesn't have the physique of a footballer now, basically become a bodybuilder
  • Whatever happened to Diego Poyet? Was so good in his first spell. 
    Defo doesn't have the physique of a footballer now, basically become a bodybuilder
    Tell that to Akinfenwa

Problem is with Diego he potentially wouldn't pass a drugs test given the rapidity of his physical changes.
  • no rumours then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Whatever happened to Diego Poyet? Was so good in his first spell. 
    Tell that to Akinfenwa

Problem is with Diego he potentially wouldn't pass a drugs test given the rapidity of his physical changes.
    True, but I think its a bit different with the two. Akinfenwa is a striker who doesn't have to run around that much and has built up over time whilst playing.

Looks like Diego failed miserably after leaving us and now just hits the weights in Orpington on a daily basis (follow him on insta), cant imagine him coming back and technically being the same player. Shame because he had so much talent 
  • Scoham said:
    no rumours then?
    The general feeling is Matthews and/or Schwartz, but perhaps it’ll be a name we haven’t been linked with yet.
    You've also got that other Centre-Back that @Cafc43v3r mentioned

Dont think that was Lynch, although he wasnt given a name
  • I reckon Matthews is on route for a photo shoot now, probably given a call yesterday telling him to make his way early doors from wherever.  Same with the mystery CB.  Not ITK just pure guess.
  • We managed the reveal a player wearing an unseen kit at the same time thing yesterday. Would be funny if we could announce a new player by having them on the teamsheet tomorrow and then have all the photoshoot stuff just after
  • Seems not many agree but I still think we need at least another centre mid 

I mean what did we have in that area last season:

(15): Williams | Forster-Caskey | Gallagher | McGeady | Pratley | Morgan | Kayal | Smith | Davis | Field | Oztumer | Lapslie | Dempsey | Doughty | Vennings 

This season we've got

(12): Williams | Forster-Caskey | Pratley | Morgan | Oztumer | Lapslie | Watson | Gilbey | Levitt | Doughty | Dempsey | Vennings

Take the last two out as they need to go on loan and whilst we seem okay going forward, we still dont have a Cullen or a Bielik type player in there

Nor are we getting many goals from Midfield from that lot - Whereas in 2018/19 we had Aribo | Reeves | Bielik who chipped in with 17-goals with the over reliance on Taylor and Grant... Whilst I see Bonne potentially replicating and surpassing what Grant achieved for us that season (14), I dont see us having two Strikers get beyond that level unless Schwartz can settle quickly - Washington of course has had a good start and we can also rely on Doughty this season but can both be consistent enough in front of goal?

Thankfully we've only used the one loan slot at the moment

Tolaji Bola (Arsenal U23 Left-Back) was rumoured to be at the Doncaster game, how anyone knew who he was is beyond me though

Means we've still got three slots left available (as Bowyer never signs a sixth loan, apart from when he knew Field wasnt going to be fit), two of those I'd try and find CM's so that Dempsey and Venning in turn can go out on loan. I think then we should focus on getting our defence on permanent signings to get a settled back four
    Your post makes it seem like we had 15 midfield options at the same time.

Gallagher and Kayal (who was always injured) had left by the time Davis, McGeady and Smith arrived. Not to mention that Davis and Smith were both shit. Morgan and Doughty were on loan in non league at one point. Field spent half the season injured. 
  • edited September 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just incase anyone else asks...

Deadline is 12:00 today to play tomorrow

Paperwork must be signed & filed by twelve but doesn’t have to be announced by twelve. Just to keep everyone glued to their screens until this evening... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• We need midfield options JFC and Williams won't stay fit over the season. Pratley also picks up little niggles to keep him out for a few weeks. Gilbey is already out for minimum 4 weeks. 

Need a proven striker, a Bielik and Cullen quality loans, and 2 solid centre backs, and I'd also go for someone like Maddison who knows where the goal is in this division. 
  • edited September 2020
    What is great is that we haven't missed out on this period before the window closes where premier League clubs make decisions on their fringe players. Our record in terms of developing these sort of players is pretty outstanding and I'm sure Gallen and Bowyer will have been working on a few potential loans they now have the resources to go for.
  • Hope its Matthews. Would be amazing in League 1
  • Mattthews?
  • Scoham said:
    no rumours then?
    The general feeling is Matthews and/or Schwartz, but perhaps it’ll be a name we haven’t been linked with yet.
    You've also got that other Centre-Back that @Cafc43v3r mentioned

Dont think that was Lynch, although he wasnt given a name
    My man is certainly not Lynch.  He currently has another club.  Like I said before I don't have a name. 

My guess is he is the replacement for Lockyer.  A first choice type. 
  • Scoham said:
    no rumours then?
    ITK. Naby replacement!
  • Who is that