Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Think we will see a Ronnie Schwartz turn up as a free agent !
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Think we will see a Ronnie Schwartz turn up as a free agent !
    Unless he was released by his current club before the international transfer window closed then this isn't possible I'm afraid
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    To me it looks like its Sorba OR Smyth for the wide/winger place. Was Cawley referring to Smyth just then or Sorba ?  Can't see us signing both as we still NEED A STRIKER WHO CAN SCORE US THE GOALS WE NEED TO WIN GAMES.
    In my opinion the latter won’t happen. Just have to hope that the likes of Bogle and Washington can score more goals in a season than they have ever done before.
    If you look at there best goal scoring Washington got better than 1 in 3 for Peterborough and Bogle better than 1 in 2 for Grimsby.    If you forget they both didn't score in the championship that's 2 in 3, or better between them. 
    HaHa so you're happy to forget the championship where bogle scored few goals 8 in 50 games, you're happy to big him up because he scored 19 goals in league 2 3/4 years ago & don't mention his league 1 record of 5 in 21 games. I've only mentioned league games but he has never scored in the cups. He's a turkey & must dread Christmas every year. Surely we could have got a decent youngster from a premiership club who could get a few goals for us
    How many goals per game did BWP score in the championship before he played for Plymouth and us?  In LEAGUE 1?    He didn't start all 21 of those games, as you know full well as you seem to spend half your time creaming over Wikipedia trying to find ways of slagging off a player I suspect you have seen play less than a hand full of times. If that.

If we were playing in the championship I would say I was "underwhelmed" we aren't. So what keep banging on about records in the championship? 
  • Options
    I thought Bonne's replacement was Bogle or am I getting it confused here?

I would much rather have Bogle and Smyth than a disinterested Bonne.

Macca's success relies on him putting in 100%, chasing down lost causes and putting pressure on the back line. He had no interest in doing that in his last two weeks with us.
    Bogle was probably Taylor's replacement, big / strong and battler

What we still need really for Bowyer's setup is a Grant / Leko type striker
    But Taylor scored goals
    Bogels record in league 2 was better than Taylor's.............. 

But twist that one as well. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    dickplumb said:
    I have got a novel idea. Shall we wait and see how the new players do for us?
    Where’s the fun it that?

I’m really underwhelmed with Bogle, Inniss and Smyth...That said they are Charlton players now so will certainly be willing them to do well.
    We are also in league 1 and with a wage cap. Beggars can’t be choosers and all that.
    Tbh the only signing I’ve actually really heard of is Madison (and Gunter maybe). The others have the benefit of the doubt, in the meantime. 
    I’m prepared to be underwhelmed or (over)whelmed, but I’ll hang on for a few months to see which it is. 

Btw it’s Madison, one ‘d’. 
    [Edit: No it bloody isn’t!]
  • Options
    Transfer reopens in about 10 weeks. No reason why we can’t poach someone scoring goals in the lower part of the league. Got huge confidence we will go up this season. Just hope we get to see in a stadium and not in front of a TV screen. 
  • Options
    Transfer reopens in about 10 weeks. No reason why we can’t poach someone scoring goals in the lower part of the league. Got huge confidence we will go up this season. Just hope we get to see in a stadium and not in front of a TV screen. 
    Trouble is, a poacher in January is going to cost ££££££££££

Transfer fees are always inflated in the January window.

• Options
    We should sign someone with a proven record of scoring goals in this league!

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/73859/confirmed-nicky-ajose-signs-3-year-deal/p1
    but surely Bowyer would have made him a better player ?
  • Options

Some of the Bonne money used to pay a fee to get Shinnie in?
    Loan.
    Loan fee
    Loan fee for Lapslie & Oztumer will more than pay for it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    dickplumb said:
    Where’s the fun it that?

I’m really underwhelmed with Bogle, Inniss and Smyth...That said they are Charlton players now so will certainly be willing them to do well.
    We are also in league 1 and with a wage cap. Beggars can’t be choosers and all that.
    Tbh the only signing I’ve actually really heard of is Madison (and Gunter maybe). The others have the benefit of the doubt, in the meantime. 
    I’m prepared to be underwhelmed or (over)whelmed, but I’ll hang on for a few months to see which it is. 

Not sure if you're taking the piss(would be weird), but it's Maddison.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    dickplumb said:
    Where’s the fun it that?

Maybe you've been to a gig at Madison Square Gardens? :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Trouble is, a poacher in January is going to cost ££££££££££

Transfer fees are always inflated in the January window.

Not if a club are desperate for the money, like when we signed BWP. Could be some bargains in January, perhaps we'll be the buying club this time rather than the selling club we usually are.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Are non league signings still governed by the 5pm window?
    Non-League teams dont have a window so far as I'm aware

So we can send Morgan | Vennings | Davison to the Conference etc. whenever we want for as long a loan spell as we want
    So, can we sign Thomas outside of the window, is it different
    in non league?
    Nope only works one way as our Window closes in eight minutes
    We can sign him when ever we like, he can't play for us until the window reopens though. 
    He can if he's out of contract
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Christ was it only a month ago we were wondering if our club was going to survive at all?
    People have very short memories. I've no issue with who we bring in or where we finish this season (long as we stay up!). Build properly next summer, anything we achieve now is a bonus. 
    Next summer the cap will still be in place, we will still face the same problems
    No we won’t, because we won’t have to do all our deals in the last 3 weeks of the transfer window next summer. 
  • Options
    Well why not play him, he was contracted until the end of the season, same as Doughty.
  • Options
    Well why not play him, he was contracted until the end of the season, same as Doughty.
    Be so far as we're aware; Phillips is the only one to say he didnt want to sign a new deal regardless of what was offered

Doughty hasnt indicated that (he might just be smarter and is keeping quiet) so there is no equal reason to not play him
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Get him off the wages bill.  Amos is doing fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Once Bowyer said that Maynard-Brewer was good enough to play if needed, it was telling Dillon he was out. Tough old business innit.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Talal said:
    Christ was it only a month ago we were wondering if our club was going to survive at all?
    People have very short memories. I've no issue with who we bring in or where we finish this season (long as we stay up!). Build properly next summer, anything we achieve now is a bonus. 
    Next summer the cap will still be in place, we will still face the same problems
    No, the Championship has a higher cap  :)
    Actually I don't think the Championship has a cap at all at the moment, not that we will have to worry too much about it.
  • Options
    I thought Bonne's replacement was Bogle or am I getting it confused here?

I would much rather have Bogle and Smyth than a disinterested Bonne.

Macca's success relies on him putting in 100%, chasing down lost causes and putting pressure on the back line. He had no interest in doing that in his last two weeks with us.
    Bogle was probably Taylor's replacement, big / strong and battler

What we still need really for Bowyer's setup is a Grant / Leko type striker
    But Taylor scored goals
    Bogle hasn't even started with us yet, give him a chance ;)
    Apologies I thought this was a forum where everybody is entitled to an opinion.
  • Options
    Be so far as we're aware; Phillips is the only one to say he didnt want to sign a new deal regardless of what was offered

Doughty hasnt indicated that (he might just be smarter and is keeping quiet) so there is no equal reason to not play him
    I'm pretty sure Doughty rejected a new contract.
  • Options
    How does the cap work for players that are currently under-21 going forward? Ie if they are 20 now, could a club sign them on a £10k a week deal and when they turn 21 it still only counts as the average because it was signed pre-21 or would it then count in full once they turn 21? 
  • Options

I'm pretty sure Doughty rejected a new contract.
    Is that because he didnt like the terms or because he doesn't want to be here though? 
  • Options
    I think its quite obvious that alfie can play at a higher level based on his performances last term and his head has been turned. Dont think its anything against the club. 
    Also someone said on here he supports millwall so no reason to stay.