Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Would be a crime for Dills to not be playing somewhere. Very happy he seems to have found a new home
    He won't be playing
    Hard to unseat Alex Smithies 
  • Options
    No proven goalscorer=no promotion
  • Options
    Bonne went to Bowyer and said he wanted to go. What are we meant to do? Keep him when his heart isn’t in it and probably do a Lyle and refuse to play? Time will tell but I think both Bogle & Smith will prove to be good signings and better than Bonne.

Goal scoring is a knack very few player can do. So being better will be judged on goals and assists for Bogle and Smyth.

• Options
    Good day - looking forward to seeing this lot gel together.
    Therein lies the problem. We need them to gel around 3pm tomorrow.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    No proven goalscorer=no promotion
     Well you say that, but I think one of them will come good.

I think the plan is, with the midfielders we've signed, is to consistently put it on the kind of plate my old mum could score from.

Fingers crossed the strikers we've got are as good as my old mum.   :-(
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Would be a crime for Dills to not be playing somewhere. Very happy he seems to have found a new home
    He won't be playing
    Hard to unseat Alex Smithies 
    Not if he breaks his foot & is out for 3 months.
  • Options
    I'd rather be number 1 in League 1 than backup to Smithies in the Championship. Strange move for Dillon but hope it works out for him
    Probably left with no choice, the penny finally dropped and he has
    had to make do with a No2, really hope he achieves his goal eventually
    just a little sad it all had to end with CAFC.
  • Options
    Bonne went to Bowyer and said he wanted to go. What are we meant to do? Keep him when his heart isn’t in it and probably do a Lyle and refuse to play? Time will tell but I think both Bogle & Smith will prove to be good signings and better than Bonne.

Goal scoring is a knack very few player can do. So being better will be judged on goals and assists for Bogle and Smyth.

And recent form counts for a lot. It's easy to look back at past seasons and say that if they could do it then, they can do it now, but life isn't like that, as shown by the careers of the likes of Ajose and Sordell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We’ve kept Doughty which is probably a bigger win than any signing.
    Brings back painful memories of saying the same about Taylor on January 
  • Options
    CHARL7ON said:
    MattF said:
    CHARL7ON said:
    I’m still hoping there may be more as CAFC have not officially said that’s it.....

I saw that but just thought they may officially say that’s it......... I’m just clutching at straws 
    Nothing wrong with straw clutching,.. they haven't actually said
    who was the second last bit of business, could have got Sorba
    in this afternoon and just teasing us ;)
  • Options
    Certainly feeling more positive about our chances with this windows additions. Considering we were playing catch up I think we've done ok and look forward to how LB gets his side playing in the next few weeks. Don't believe for one minute we'll tear the league apart but think the play off places are a minimum we should expect. I guess time will tell.
  • Options
    Happy enough with the additions to the squad. Gives us cover all over the pitch. LB and SG know what they are doing and once the new boys gel, watch us go. Play-offs at least. Thanks, Thomas
  • Options
    How have the other league one teams strengthen, apart from Donny, who have strengthened well by all accounts?
  • Options
    Assuming Sorba has not been done then you have got to feel for the lad. He must have thought a deal was done to pull out of their squad on Tuesday and to start following us on Twitter. Hope that wasn’t his only shot at league football.
    Not long till January I suppose, Lee and Gallen know that, and maybe they’ll now have an unhappy player on their hands for a few months. We’ve seen how that goes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Fed up of this "proven goalscorer" rubbish. We have a few different players who have proven in the past they can score goals. Unfortunately with the cap it's not possible for us to sign a guaranteed 20 goal striker, but you can't possibly know that we won't get promoted without signing one. Ivan Toney scored goals in this division and went for an 8 figure sum(including add ons) to Brenford, and it is worth noting that before Peterborough his record wasn't fantastic. Leave it out and give the boys a chance, I think we will surprise a few. 
    Exactly this, and as has already been argued there is no way of knowing whether a player is guaranteed to score 20 goals or not. 
  • Options
    All things considered and given the wage cap and time constraints, I reckon that was a cracking window.
    Would like to have seen a marquee striker, but it was always unlikely.
    I guess we may go back for Ronnie Schwarz in January?
  • Options
    @ButtleJR The wage cap can't be used as a reason. We could quite easily have paid a striker £7.5kPW, but we chose to spend that money on 3 other players instead.

Time will tell if we've made the right call. I genuinely believe we have a good squad but we do look a little light up top IMO.
  • Options
    @ButtleJR The wage cap can't be used as a reason. We could quite easily have paid a striker £7.5kPW, but we chose to spend that money on 3 other players instead.

Time will tell if we've made the right call. I genuinely believe we have a good squad but we do look a little light up top IMO.
    With Aneke and Bogle I don't think we are light up top! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    To me it looks like its Sorba OR Smyth for the wide/winger place. Was Cawley referring to Smyth just then or Sorba ?  Can't see us signing both as we still NEED A STRIKER WHO CAN SCORE US THE GOALS WE NEED TO WIN GAMES.
    In my opinion the latter won’t happen. Just have to hope that the likes of Bogle and Washington can score more goals in a season than they have ever done before.
    If you look at there best goal scoring Washington got better than 1 in 3 for Peterborough and Bogle better than 1 in 2 for Grimsby.    If you forget they both didn't score in the championship that's 2 in 3, or better between them. 
    HaHa so you're happy to forget the championship where bogle scored few goals 8 in 50 games, you're happy to big him up because he scored 19 goals in league 2 3/4 years ago & don't mention his league 1 record of 5 in 21 games. I've only mentioned league games but he has never scored in the cups. He's a turkey & must dread Christmas every year. Surely we could have got a decent youngster from a premiership club who could get a few goals for us
  • Options
    Keep clean sheets and you don't necessarily need a prolific goalscorer. Goals can come from anywhere in the team. The likes of Maddison, Doughty, Shinnie and Smyth are very capable of chipping in with goals. Washington, Aneke, Davsion and Bogle will get their share too. Be solid and we will win a lot of games. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We shouldn't have sold Bonne if we weren't going to replace him with:

- A proven scorer in L1
    - 2 strikers who bring different skills to the game
    Bonne missed too many "sitters".
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Some of your lot are mad. Talking about underwhelmed etc. 

1. We are a league one club with a salary cap.
    2. We have missed most of the transfer window due to ownership.
    3. There is not this pool of proven attacking talent out there we can just pick up and sign.

Anyone that comes in i'm happy with. Everyone improves under Bowyer.
    Oztumer ?