Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    We can still sign players who were out of contract before the 5pm deadline
  • Options
    Are non league signings still governed by the 5pm window?
    Non-League teams dont have a window so far as I'm aware

So we can send Morgan | Vennings | Davison to the Conference etc. whenever we want for as long a loan spell as we want
    So, can we sign Thomas outside of the window, is it different
    in non league?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    We can still sign players who were out of contract before the 5pm deadline
    Yup
  • Options
    Really can’t grumble with those signings considering the constraints.

Last month we looked like not having a club, now we have a title competing squad.

Well done LB, SG and TS.
    Totally agree with this. Good business done for our level. 
  • Options

So we can send Morgan | Vennings | Davison to the Conference etc. whenever we want for as long a loan spell as we want
    in non league?
    Nope only works one way as our Window closes in eight minutes
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Smyth already.  He hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet & a lot of you are writing him off as useless already..

Ridiculous
    Nobody is writing him off as useless

The disappointment is that Smyth isn't the type of player many of us wanted, which is someone who plays up top as a goal poacher, whether an experienced lower division pro or a PL academy player.

After we could have signed 2 left backs today, both top players, but it wouldn't be what the squad needed

I can understand the difficulties of getting a striker in, and suspect we'll be trying again in January
  • Options

in non league?
    We can sign him when ever we like, he can't play for us until the window reopens though. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

in non league?
    We can sign him when ever we like, he can't play for us until the window reopens though. 
    Hardly a long wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Washington, Bogle, Aneke and even Davsion. That's a more than adequate League One strikeforce.

We've now got a midfield (with depth) that can create and score themselves.

It's been a bloody good window.
  • Options
    We'd all love a 20 goal a season man, but having one is not essential. We got promoted with 73 goals (excluding the play-offs) last time in League 1, which was actually the lowest total in the top 6 despite us having, in Taylor, Grant and Vetokele (albeit two of those not for the entire season) three of the most talented strikers in the division.

The key is we have to get better at getting our midfielders on the score sheet, and I think that will require us to play a bit differently (maybe Bowyer needs to allow a few more shots from range for example). Set pieces could be important for us too, but we now have decent dead ball delivery in the team and a good amount of height, plus we've actually been quite good from set pieces anyway in terms of number of goals scored thanks to Jacko's coaching. It's obviously hypothetical, but I don't think it would be unrealistic to say the goals could be shared around as follows and that would get us to 73 same as in 18/19. Our defence and midfield look very decent so we shouldn't concede a ton, just expect us to be winning more games 2-1 and 2-0 than 3-1 and 4-0, but that has generally been the way under Bowyer. With the departures this week and Phillips potentially being frozen out, there may be a little wriggle room to do something in January as well if the right player were to become available.

Bogle 12
    Washington 10
    Maddison 10
    Doughty 10
    Aneke 8
    Smyth 5
    Shinnie 3
    Gilbey 3
    Pratley 2
    Levitt 1
    Morgan  1
    Williams 1
    Watson 1
    JFC 1
    Innis 2
    Pearce 1
    Famewo 1
    Purrington  1

• Options
    No chance of promotion this year. Consolidate and big push next season.
  • Options
    I’d really like to see Davidson get a go this season, there’s a gem in there
    We haven't signed Davidson ;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I’d really like to see Davidson get a go this season, there’s a gem in there
    We haven't signed Davidson ;)
    He means Jim Davidson.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So fit to play signings in a formation:

Amos
    Gunter - Inniss - Famewo - Maatsen
    Watson
    Maddison     -         Smyth
    Shinnie
    Bogle - Washington

I could walk past all of these and not recognise any of them. 
  • Options
    Only 10 weeks until we can sign Messi when we’re chasing the top 2...
  • Options
    5.01 and nothing about Doughty
  • Options
    No chance of promotion this year. Consolidate and big push next season.
    As much chance as anyone else in this league after 4 games :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips rumoured to be off
  • Options
    Who knows how these things work. Bowyer said he's tried to sign Smyth 3 times.

So QPR come in for Bonne and don't offer Smyth as part of the deal, knowing full well Bowyer fancies him?

Odd.

• Options
    Ahh, I mean Davison. There’s already one to many Davidson’s associated with Charlton 
  • Options
    Too late for that now!

Only thing we can dip in now is free transfers, of which there is a lot of talent still floating about
  • Options
    Check your watch 
  • Options
    Reckon it's safe enough now to get the F5 button on my keyboard replaced
  • Options
    Who knows how these things work. Bowyer said he's tried to sign Smyth 3 times.

So QPR come in for Bonne and don't offer Smyth as part of the deal, knowing full well Bowyer fancies him?

Odd.

Really good question is that
  • Options
    edited October 2020