Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    dickplumb said:
    Shinnie is a very good signing for us.

hopefully another striker  - just hoping it’s not Smyth.
    It is Smyth.
    Great. Just what we need, a striker who doesn’t score. 

Please read the following tweet and see if you can come up with an answer 
    The answer is Joe Piggott.  25 goals in 79 over the last three seasons in a struggling side, he will be in a better team, knows the place very well, wages not a problem, fee we must have surely.  
    A very good shout. Would probably royally fuck over Wimbledon though as they would want an offer to good to good to refuse for one of their best players. They have to endure the salary cap too, so if they were to offload Piggott, it'd be a nightmare to find a replacement  
  • Options
    Some of the Bonne money used to pay a fee to get Shinnie in?
    Loan.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    dickplumb said:
    Shinnie is a very good signing for us.

hopefully another striker  - just hoping it’s not Smyth.
    It is Smyth.
    Great. Just what we need, a striker who doesn’t score. 

Please read the following tweet and see if you can come up with an answer 
    Not our job to find him. That’s why LB  has a salary in the hundreds of thousands.
    But then plenty say that a player isnt good enough... Should be replaced

Read enough comments that Bonne could be sold as we'd find a replacement
  • Options
    Loan.
    Yes you have to pay Loan fees often. 
  • Options
    Loan.
    Loan fee
  • Options
    Not sure why we didn't buy Shinnie if he's only under contract until next year. It would free up a loan space too
  • Options
    Regardless of the very welcome ambition being shown by our new owner I think this season was always going to be a bridge too far for promotion. We started at a massive low point and in reality have started the groundwork for a promotion squad relatively well. Trying to find a 20 goal striker in the time and under the monetary constraints was always going to be the big challenge. Looks like we have failed in that respect. That’s not to say we might not be luckier in January or next summer. Think we’ll get on a bit of a roll by the end of November but I really do see our lack of proven firepower leaving us short. Late run into the playoffs is what I’m still hoping for. Can’t see top two no matter how hard I try.
      Not having a pre season with such a new group is going to be a huge miss imo.

I think it played a big part in our success during the last promotion season.
    But then we went into 2018/19 with a large amount of the squad missing

We went to Sunderland with a very weak squad

If anything pre-season allowed Bowyer to see that Taylor / Grant was going to be key else it was Taylor and Vetokele
    Grant only started because Igor get injured again.  If him a Taylor had stayed fit all season (no laughing at the back) Grant would have probably been let go at the end of the season and no one would have kicked up a stink.

Funny old game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do wonder if it's mostly the same fans that were bitching about Bonne saying he wasn't good enough, that are now complaining about us not being able to get a suitable replacement (in their eyes).

I know some are the same fans that didn't want Bonne sold. 
  • Options
    Not sure why we didn't buy Shinnie if he's only under contract until next year. It would free up a loan space too
    "Try before you buy"....like many lower league footballers in today's covid environment. They now need to earn a signing on fee / perm contract.
  • Options
    Maybe Luton want to have the option to keep him should they be relegated?
  • Options
    Would be happier seeing Smyth actually come in before the moaning about him starts, clocks ticking and it's not a done deal yet
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    I do wonder if it's mostly the same fans that were bitching about Bonne saying he wasn't good enough, that are now complaining about us not being able to get a suitable replacement (in their eyes).

I know some are the same fans that didn't want Bonne sold. 
    We got one half of the Bonne sale right in my eyes at the moment - The fee was correct, but we need to stop selling players before a replacement is found

We keep doing it and feels like we're shooting ourselves in the hand as we're confident we've got some bandage yet after rumaging through the drawer only have a plaster

Gonna have faith that Smyth can come in and do the job, he hasnt scored on a regular basis yet but I dont like that approach, all Strikers have to find their feet in front of goal somewhere, Jon Leko was no different last sesaon, so why wont it be any different for Paul with us this season
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Would be happier seeing Smyth actually come in before the moaning about him starts, clocks ticking and it's not a done deal yet
    Dont forget Shinnie was shown training with the squad today so wouldnt be surprised if Smyth did the same and they're just delaying the announcement

Not really concerned about it not happening
  • Options
    Decent window as far as I'm concerned. On paper we have signed without a shadow of a doubt the most threatening midfielder in this league for the past 4 seasons in Maddison. Nottingham Forests captain who was integral for them, Gunter who has never played at this level? Shinnie who won promotion, a hard nut centre back, Bogle who has moved twice for 7 figure fees, young Chelsea talent and now a nippy forward just in the last few weeks. 

That is absolutely a good window, you will struggle to find another league 1 side with a better window. I understand selling a player for 2 million and not spending it is frustrating but it probably covers the fees for all the players we have brought in. I also don't like the snobbery I've seen on twitter about Luton, the reality is they've been a better run club than us in recent years and have a better side, that's football, swings and roundabouts. 

Roll on the rest of the season, very much half glass full 

Arthur Fowler's Christmas Club was better run than us in recent years
  • Options
    37 to go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://t.co/soyb2FP7DR

Random link to Liam Millar in this article from only 45 minutes ago. 
  • Options
    See what happens when you dont send the club tard out to buy pop and packets of crisps?

Bloody amateurs!!!
  • Options
    We've had an 8/10 transfer window for me, the defensive additions have been fantastic. Midfield looks strong too (wish we had got Thomas for another wide option), I know I look like I'm moaning but its only because I think with 1 prolific striker we would've had a chance of pushing for automatic promotion.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I didn't want Bonne sold because I wasn't sure who we might replace him with. Looking at all the business in its entirety, I think Bowyer is trying to spread the goals through the team. If we pose enough problems, who knows. We do have to remember the level. I do think people respect League One a bit more than they should. 

The challenge is to get things working quickly. And to become a front foot team again. We certainly should be able to do that. 
  • Options
    They were simpler to the passes Williams and Cullen were playing in the 3 months of "Bowyer ball" in the championship.  Seems like a long time ago now. 
  • Options
    I just know it'll be Paul Smyth who signs, and i feel sorry for him already  :D
    He just has :-)