Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    All in all it's been a good window.

Miracle where the team is now really considering where we were a few weeks ago.

I do think selling Bonne was a mistake at this point as I'm not convinced we have enough goals in us but time will tell and what do I know.

Excited to see this lot play
  • Options
    I like the look of Smyth from the (very) limited youtube clip that was on here the other day. I just hope he can finish off all the chances that our supa dupa midfield will be creating............
  • Options
    Good news that the two today appear to have been with is for a little while.

All helps.
  • Options
    So fit to play signings in a formation:

Amos
    Gunter - Inniss - Famewo - Maatsen
    Watson
    Maddison     -         Smyth
    Shinnie
    Bogle - Washington

• Options
    A surprise signing of the Boreham Wood lad in last 20 mins maybe?
  • Options
    We've had an 8/10 transfer window for me, the defensive additions have been fantastic. Midfield looks strong too (wish we had got Thomas for another wide option), I know I look like I'm moaning but its only because I think with 1 prolific striker we would've had a chance of pushing for automatic promotion.
    I can't really comment until I see them in action. Always need to seem thin in a red shirt half a dozen times before I can really comment.
    Especially with the lesser known players
    The likes of Watson, Maddison and Gunter (and indeed Shinnie) have been excellent players down the years, so you feel you can judge them even before they've kicked a ball, but with young players (e.g. Maatsen) there's no guarantee they can step up straight away. Similarly, Inniss and Bogle have, for different reasons, a lot to prove as well. Inniss has had 9 loans with 9 different clubs, and there's been no obvious sign of progression either in his career, it's been all over the place
  • Options
    If we get Smyth in, will he be the Loan Ranger?
  • Options
    Done deal for Smyth.
    He was announced at 4.31.
    No he wasnt... Was announced @ 4.30
    Sure it was 4.30 & 24.5 secs actually ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos
    Watson
    Shinnie
    Bogle - Washington

I like the look of that, miles away from team that played Sunderland a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    Maddison is the best player in league 1, we just need to bury the chances he will create
  • Options
    Great window in the situation, starting to build back a side of players who want to be here and are ready to play in the system that Bowyer wants.
  • Options
    Are non league signings still governed by the 5pm window?
  • Options
    Will there be a surprise thirteenth signing?
    Still 15 minutes to go...
  • Options
    the last one said last one of the day
  • Options
    Are non league signings still governed by the 5pm window?
    Non-League teams dont have a window so far as I'm aware

So we can send Morgan | Vennings | Davison to the Conference etc. whenever we want for as long a loan spell as we want
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doughty stays?
    As does Phillips at this rate...
    Not 5pm yet :/
  • Options
    So how tall is Smyth? He looked as tall as most other players in that video.
  • Options
    We've pretty much bought in an entire new first team.  Great work by SG and LB.

Wouldn't surprise me if another striker or defender is brought in as a free agent in the next month or so.

We're good to go!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos
    Watson
    Shinnie
    Bogle - Washington

Are you Kevin Keegan????

6-4, 2- 6, 7-5 our results will look like tennis sets!!! 
    I'll take us scoring 6 or 7 goals every other game. 
  • Options
    It's hard to understand why the Sorba Thomas deal doesn't go through if the Boreham wood owner was correct in saying we were just a bit apart in price ?

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos
    Watson
    Shinnie
    Bogle - Washington

Are you Kevin Keegan????

6-4, 2- 6, 7-5 our results will look like tennis sets!!! 
    I'll take us scoring 6 or 7 goals every other game. 
    Couldn't you get Williams in there for Watson? 
  • Options
    It's hard to understand why the Sorba Thomas deal doesn't go through if the Boreham wood owner was correct in saying we were just a bit apart in price ?

I read that as sarcasm. We probably offered a few hundred grands difference.