Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    I’m shocked we haven’t taken Joe Garner from Wigan. They’re still in administration and would likely sell him on the cheap. 
  • Options
    I thought Bonne's replacement was Bogle or am I getting it confused here?

I would much rather have Bogle and Smyth than a disinterested Bonne.

Macca's success relies on him putting in 100%, chasing down lost causes and putting pressure on the back line. He had no interest in doing that in his last two weeks with us.
    No, you're right. Everyone is crapping themselves for no good reason. Bring on Smyth
  • Options

Macca's success relies on him putting in 100%, chasing down lost causes and putting pressure on the back line. He had no interest in doing that in his last two weeks with us.
    Bogle was probably Taylor's replacement, big / strong and battler

What we still need really for Bowyer's setup is a Grant / Leko type striker
  • Options
    Would have liked one more perm, but if Bow and Gallen prefer Smyth, he'll do. 
  • Options

If we had told him he was staying until we got a replacement, and it didn't happen, he would have knuckled down and got on with it. That's how football works
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    A midfield five of Watson, Gilbey, Shinnie, Doughty, Maddison... pretty, pretty, pretty good. 
    I assume you're thinking that they will just pass the ball between them for 90 mins as there will be no-one in front of them to pass to........
    I know you're being facetious but there are 18-20 clubs in this league who would love to swap their strikers for Conor Washington, Omar Bogle, Chuks Aneke (and Paul Smyth?).

Do we have the best striker options in the league? Probably not, I haven't properly reviewed the whole league. Is it good enough to get us out of this league if the rest of the team performs behind them? I think so.
    But you can go on past performance as an indication
    Washington - never scored more than 13 in a L1 season
    Bogle - yet to be prolific higher than L2
    Aneke  - struggles to stay fit
    Smyth - not a striker, has hardly scored in his career

Players with proven records cost wages that we can't afford to give unfortunately.

Matty Taylor would've had the masses on here happy but he didn't want to sign before the embargo was lifted, according to Rich Cawley.

All four of the players listed have massive upside potential. They are all capable of scoring 15+ goals each with a run of form in this league. We only need one or two of them to work out the way we hope and they'll fire us up the table.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:
    Shinnie is a very good signing for us.

hopefully another striker  - just hoping it’s not Smyth.
    It is Smyth.
    Great. Just what we need, a striker who doesn’t score. 
    *Winger*
  • Options
    Smyth is underwhelming but he’ll do just fine. Lightning quick, good on the ball and has a low centre of gravity. He’ll stretch the defence and allow pockets of space for others to run in to. 

Hopefully with a bit of work, he’ll add an end product. 
  • Options

If we had told him he was staying until we got a replacement, and it didn't happen, he would have knuckled down and got on with it. That's how football works
    Or we have a Dillon Phillips situation on our hands with a depreciating asset that won't play for us.
  • Options
    As long as a few players pop up with 10-15 goals we should be OK
  • Options
    Sold Bonne for nearly 2 million and replace him with a free and a loan with a scoring record almost matched by Simon Church. On top of that we won’t pay a few hundred grand more for Sorba, who probably would have come in under the wage cap so that clearly isn’t the issue. I know we aren’t meant to be at all negative on here nowadays but I’m really not too inspired by that business. Oh well, in Bowyer and Gallen we trust. 
    In Charlton life fashion.....if you were buying a house would you pay more than it’s value because it’s a house with potential. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    dickplumb said:

It is Smyth.

Please read the following tweet and see if you can come up with an answer 
    The answer is Joe Piggott.  25 goals in 79 over the last three seasons in a struggling side, he will be in a better team, knows the place very well, wages not a problem, fee we must have surely.  
  • Options
    With the attacking midfielders available, I wonder if bowyer will play 4-2-3-1?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Or we have a Dillon Phillips situation on our hands with a depreciating asset that won't play for us.
    Bonne had 2 years left on his contract

And Dillon hasn't refused to play for us, Bowyer has chosen not to play him
  • Options
    Hasn't LB always said he prefers two up front?
  • Options
    Looking forward to all those comfortable 4-0 home wins from now on.
  • Options
    So looks like we're playing a 2-7-1 system should be entertaining shame we can't go along and watch
  • Options
    Hasn't LB always said he prefers two up front?
    Yeah it'll probably be Washington +1 other.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Rossman92 said:
    dickplumb said:

It is Smyth.

Please read the following tweet and see if you can come up with an answer 
    Not our job to find him. That’s why LB  has a salary in the hundreds of thousands.
  • Options
    Some of the Bonne money used to pay a fee to get Shinnie in?