Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Oh he can pass a ball! That's a relief 
  • Options
    I know some people wanted us to go after Jack Marriott. He’s signed for the cheating Wendies.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Shinnie is a very good signing for us.

hopefully another striker  - just hoping it’s not Smyth.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Great, long as Alfie ain't going the other way ;)
    He's just stuck a pic of himself in a CAFC kit on instagram, read of that what you will 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Good stuff here. He looks like a full back’s nightmare with those slicing passes.
  • Options
    Little bit of me expecting the last one to be a striker but not Paul Smyth, doesn't seem to fit the current trend of not leaking the names until it's more or less done, fingers crossed we're saving the best till last (but it's probably going to be Smyth!)
  • Options
    I has to be said - all four of those through-balls were decent.  Shows he can pick a pass if given the options....over to you Messrs Gunter and Maatsen
  • Options
    Impressive transfer window in the end given the cap, bar the lack of a goal scorer. Unless the Smythe loan is wide of the mark
  • Options
    A midfield five of Watson, Gilbey, Shinnie, Doughty, Maddison... pretty, pretty, pretty good. 
    I assume you're thinking that they will just pass the ball between them for 90 mins as there will be no-one in front of them to pass to........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    SamE7 said:
    I know what we should do, let's knock him before we've even seen him play 
    Think people are underwhelmed we've not brought in another striker, Shinnie is a solid player at this level. 
    Agreed. It's not about whether the player is good or not, it's about whether they fill the gap that needed filling

A midfield five of Watson, Gilbey, Shinnie, Doughty, Maddison... pretty, pretty, pretty good. 
    Plus Williams and Levitt, and indeed Pratley and JFC. Aneke is really an attacking midfielder too. And that's not including Morgan
  • Options

I'm expecting it to be Smyth.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I assume you're thinking that they will just pass the ball between them for 90 mins as there will be no-one in front of them to pass to........
    I know you're being facetious but there are 18-20 clubs in this league who would love to swap their strikers for Conor Washington, Omar Bogle, Chuks Aneke (and Paul Smyth?).

Do we have the best striker options in the league? Probably not, I haven't properly reviewed the whole league. Is it good enough to get us out of this league if the rest of the team performs behind them? I think so.
  • Options

It is Smyth.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bogle, Aneke, Washington, Davison

People writing off these forwards with no idea how they'll score without service. 

Any striker without service will struggle. That was a big part of our problem last season. If the midfield can chip in with goals too we'll do well. 
    Boom. And there it is.
  • Options
    Quiet happy with how the squad has come together together. Don't think fans can be making the 'we lack quality' excuse anymore. 

Think we will have plenty of goals in us with the talent we have in midfield. In previous years where we would need a Taylor to create something out of nothing, feel like whoever plays up top now won't be feeding off scraps. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like Paul Smyth hasnt been agreed yet...
  • Options
    Interesting because he sounds like what Williams said that HE was - the player that sets up the player that puts the ball in the box for someone to score.

We just need that bloke in the middle popping up from 5 yards to tap it in. THATS WHAT WE HAVENT GOT
  • Options
    That’s a terrific league one signing.

Proven at the very top of the league, what more could you want.

Oztumer has never been an integral part of a league one championship winning XI, Shinnie has.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

People writing off these forwards with no idea how they'll score without service. 

Any striker without service will struggle. That was a big part of our problem last season.

If the midfield can chip in with goals too we'll do well and be in/around where Bow wants us... 
    Really don't see it as writing them off, but the fact is we got rid of a proven goal scorer at the level above and haven't replaced him 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    dickplumb said:

It is Smyth.
    Great. Just what we need, a striker who doesn’t score. 
  • Options
    Just don’t see the point in letting Bonne go ...
    Agreed. We got a good price for him but it's money we haven't been able to spend on a replacement.

We've sold him to QPR and his replacement is going to be one of their players that they don't think is as good.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Any striker without service will struggle. That was a big part of our problem last season.

If the midfield can chip in with goals too we'll do well and be in/around where Bow wants us... 
    Top 10 Strikers so far this season:
    (Note Hanlan and Piggott in there)

#PlayerNat_Age_Club GP_GS
    Joe PigottJoe Pigott
    Centre-Forward
    England26AFC Wimbledon53
    Harvey SaundersHarvey Saunders
    Centre-Forward
    England23Fleetwood Town43
    Jonson Clarke-HarrisJonson Clarke-Harris
    Centre-Forward
    England
    Jamaica
    26Peterborough United52
    Brandon HanlanBrandon Hanlan
    Centre-Forward
    England23Bristol Rovers52
    Conor WashingtonConor Washington
    Centre-Forward
    Northern Ireland
    England
    28Charlton Athletic42
    Joe GarnerJoe Garner
    Centre-Forward
    England32Wigan Athletic42
    James DalyJames Daly
    Centre-Forward
    England20Bristol Rovers42
    Ellis HarrisonEllis Harrison
    Centre-Forward
    Wales26Portsmouth FC42
    Dominic SamuelDominic Samuel
    Centre-Forward
    England
    Antigua and Barbuda
    26Gillingham FC32
    Luke JephcottLuke Jephcott
    Centre-Forward
    Wales
    England
    20Plymouth Argyle22
  • Options
    As I said about 24 pages ago, bring Pigott home.
  • Options
    I know you're being facetious but there are 18-20 clubs in this league who would love to swap their strikers for Conor Washington, Omar Bogle, Chuks Aneke (and Paul Smyth?).

Do we have the best striker options in the league? Probably not, I haven't properly reviewed the whole league. Is it good enough to get us out of this league if the rest of the team performs behind them? I think so.
    But you can go on past performance as an indication
    Washington - never scored more than 13 in a L1 season
    Bogle - yet to be prolific higher than L2
    Aneke  - struggles to stay fit
    Smyth - not a striker, has hardly scored in his career