Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:
    Christ was it only a month ago we were wondering if our club was going to survive at all?
    People have very short memories. I've no issue with who we bring in or where we finish this season (long as we stay up!). Build properly next summer, anything we achieve now is a bonus. 
    Maybe so and that may be realistic, but I think our new owner is expecting a lot more than as "long as we stay up" this season.
    No doubt and that's great, I just won't be disappointed if we don't. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    I said this before but I'll say it again: why such resistance to Smyth? He's young, quick, hasn't found his feet yet, but according to people who know better than us has the ability to break through. He'd supplement our other forwards and we wouldn't necessarily depend on him. I know we only have room for 1 or 2 more players, but given a choice between him and Sorba Thomas, surely the one with league experience is preferable for a promotion push? Or we sign both! :) 
    Because a few articles call him a forward rather than a winger so some look at the stats and decide he’s an inexperienced striker who doesn’t score goals.

There will be a social media meltdown if he signs before the striker is announced.
    I think Smyth will be the Striker... Unless your talking about Thomas here?

Striker ? Another "striker" that doesn't score goals.

2017–Queens Park Rangers19(2)
    2019→ Accrington Stanley (loan)15(3)
    2019–2020→ Wycombe Wanderers (loan)19(1)

6 goals in 53 games in 3 years ?

Lets hope we can sign a proven striker, one that actually scores goals otherwise we'll be struggling to even get in the play offs. 
    Not 53 starts though.
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    Leuth said:
    Shinnie is the first one I'm not sure about, but Bowyer knows best I guess. I hope he doesn't have me missing Oztumer too much. If he can't pass a football then there are going to be some words 
    Had you heard of him before today?

I thought it was his brother who is two years younger and played 150 odd games for Aberdeen.

I now realize that is Graham Shinnie and this one is Andrew Shinnie.
  • Options
    To be serious for a second, does anyone remember what happened with Danny Hollands? He was absolutely magnificent in League One the season we won that with a record points total.

The following season he struggled with the Championship and was quickly dropped from the team in late September.

It sounds like the story I’m hearing from Luton fans about Shinnie is exactly the same. Bosses L1, struggles a bit with the Championship.

Who here wouldn’t take another Danny Hollands in our midfield?

Now captain of Eastleigh     
  • Options
    Shinnie should be okay for L1.

I note that he has one Scottish International Cap. 
  • Options
    Getting a bit concerned that no hint of an announcement of new signings so far!!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Christ was it only a month ago we were wondering if our club was going to survive at all?
    People have very short memories. I've no issue with who we bring in or where we finish this season (long as we stay up!). Build properly next summer, anything we achieve now is a bonus. 
    Maybe so and that may be realistic, but I think our new owner is expecting a lot more than as "long as we stay up" this season.
    Top 6 is a realistic aim

With our late signings, we'll be slow starters but just as 2 seasons ago, you'd expect us to be stronger after Christmas. The smaller sides like Lincoln will probably start to struggle when the glut of games starts to take it toll.

I remember 2009/10. Leeds and us looked like we'd run away with the division, but both us stuttered in the second half of the season and Norwich ended up winning L1 easily
  • Options
    Cutting a bit fine ain't we?

Reckon they're done. Bit of time for TS and the Comms team to provide a bit of theatre as is the norm these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cutting a bit fine ain't we?

Reckon they're done. Bit of time for TS and the Comms team to provide a bit of theatre as is the norm these days.
    Ah, the wibble
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    No doubt and that's great, I just won't be disappointed if we don't. 
    I have to say I disagree - I want to see us challenging the leaders and will be disappointed if we end up outside the top 6.
    I do accept it may take us some time to really shift into gear though, given the late squad overhaul.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    this doesn't bode well for Dillon... Think he'll be a Charlton player come 5 o'clock
    Unluuuuuuuuuucky Dillion 
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic have agreed a beat-the-deadline deal to sign Luton Town midfielder Andrew Shinnie on loan. #cafc #ltfc
  • Options
    Sky Sports saying Smyth coming in on loan - looks like him and Shinnie are the two
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    ButtleJR said:
    this doesn't bode well for Dillon... Think he'll be a Charlton player come 5 o'clock
    Unluuuuuuuuuucky Dillion 
    And us. Would have freed up wages to offer elsewhere. I’d loan out AMB as sitting on our bench won’t do us much good and then let Dills/Amos fight it out for a place between the sticks.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    When I said a "20 goal striker" I was thinking pro rata to games played because of injuries.

I will accept 15 in 33 games !

Unless this is being kept very quiet, we aren't replacing a guy who scored 1 in 3 in the Championship.

Could be a critical 2 hours ?

What ever happens I'm happy because it just means the 5 year plan is extended by a year or 3.
  • Options
    When I said a "20 goal striker" I was thinking pro rata to games played because of injuries.

I will accept 15 in 33 games !

Unless this is being kept very quiet, we aren't replacing a guy who scored 1 in 3 in the Championship.

The next 115 minutes are crucial ...
  • Options

Damn - you beat me to it :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Anyone know who that Hendrik Johan is on twitter? Comes out with some right sh*te
    Reckon half the fanbase muted his twitter feed months ago. No-one ever replies to his insane rambling and if you mute him, you won’t be tempted to either.
  • Options
    Hopefully Butland can take his form from last season over to Palace! Given the choice of the two I would have bought Phillips
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Unluuuuuuuuuucky Dillion 
    And us. Would have freed up wages to offer elsewhere. I’d loan out AMB as sitting on our bench won’t do us much good and then let Dills/Amos fight it out for a place between the sticks.
    BUT..... I thought the rumour earlier was that Philips would not be in the 23 man squad submitted. Surely this means he is not in the wage cap calc also. 

When I think of this wage cap, I visualise a graduate sitting in front of excel with a complex algorithm working out how many ££ Bowyer and Gallen have left to spend.  Just don't do a track and track and 'lose' some rows of data.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    ross1 said:
    Charlton Athletic have agreed a beat-the-deadline deal to sign Luton Town midfielder Andrew Shinnie on loan. #cafc #ltfc

Not much point agreeing a don't-beat-the-deadline deal
    But it's served us so well in the past
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Anyone know who that Hendrik Johan is on twitter? Comes out with some right sh*te
    Yeah he's really one sandwich short of a picnic 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Getting nervous now that Shinnie really is going to be the last one through the door :neutral:

However 109 minutes to change that!
  • Options
    Tangential question: If I get a basic ValleyPass subscription does it give me access to delayed extended highlights for every game? and how soon after the match are the highlights available? (NB: picture of no relevance and simply used to get someone's attention)

FFS no one has answered my questions. 
    Please?

Mouthalls mrs without the slap on ?
    Vanessa Feltz?
    So is this Feltz fella a striker or a winger?
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Reckon half the fanbase muted his twitter feed months ago. No-one ever replies to his insane rambling and if you mute him, you won’t be tempted to either.
    He blocked me before I could mute him. Not sure why as I've never interacted with him, but I'm certainly not complaining