Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    I think Dillon's agent has screwed him over by looking selfishly for a personal 'pay-day'. Dillon would be well advised to dump his agent or he may end up out of the limelight for the season, such a pity when agents get involved and end up screwing it up!
    Blimey. Dillons really pushed Bowyers buttons.
    Still think Bowyers made the right decision. Agent’s  potentially f*cked Dillon over?
    An agent is there to advise & yes most seem to be money grabbing aresholes but the final decision is down to Philips. He's a grown man & if he wants to reject the offer of a new contract then so be it, he's done nothing wrong making that decision. 
    But you do not know the circumstances and nor do I. 
    But we do know how Bows has reacted which is very unlike his usual “ that’s football, we move on” that he has shown on all other occasions.
  • Options
    having watched our games this season, we hardly created a thing.. so don't see any issue with more midfielders 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    We shouldn't have sold Bonne if we weren't going to replace him with:

- A proven scorer in L1
    - 2 strikers who bring different skills to the game
    I didn’t expect a proven L1 goalscorer, that won’t be cheap and with the salary cap we’re limited in what we can pay them.

What I expected was an out and out striker rather than a winger who sometimes plays up front.
    A young PL striker for example, rather than an out of favour QPR winger
    Or a proven L2 goalscorer?
  • Options
    Is Olly heads down on Photoshop getting ready for the CAFC media build-up to 5pm?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Would it be SO terrible to have Conor Washington as our main man, if he starts firing? I reckon he'll be our top scorer
    2 in 4 is a big sign he has started. 
  • Options
    Who else did we have on loan when we had Bielik and Cullen?
  • Options
    League 1 club linked with players of decent league 1 quality. Shock horror!!

Honestly, some of you would moan if we signed Messi and Ronaldo!!
    They are both well beyond their peak!
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Too many midfielders what are some of you on. Have you forgotten last season already.  
    agree, personally I think we 1 CB light as well still 
    Four CBs and Pratley seems ok to me considering we have a limit on squad size. Bring in an extra CB and we’d have to cut down in another position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well the first is too short and the second is old and past it with goofy teeth ..
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Messi would fail the height test with some
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Would it be SO terrible to have Conor Washington as our main man, if he starts firing? I reckon he'll be our top scorer
    2 in 4 is a big sign he has started. 
    I Think Washington has been one of our best players this season.  Reminds me a lot of Yann where he is always fighting for the ball and trying to get past the defender.

Think he'll be a big player this season
  • Options
    Is Olly heads down on Photoshop getting ready for the CAFC media build-up to 5pm?
    Find out exculsivly on his MySpace page at 4.30 
  • Options
    Steer, Purrington, Williams.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Messi would fail the height test with some
    Yep aging midget.
  • Options
    Williams was never on loan, not to us anyway. 
  • Options
    Williams signed permanently.

We had Jamie Ward on loan for the first half of the season and Chris Maxwell on loan in the second half.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Williams was never on loan, not to us anyway. 
    My mistake. Thought he signed on a half season loan but must have been a 6 month contract.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    I said this before but I'll say it again: why such resistance to Smyth? He's young, quick, hasn't found his feet yet, but according to people who know better than us has the ability to break through. He'd supplement our other forwards and we wouldn't necessarily depend on him. I know we only have room for 1 or 2 more players, but given a choice between him and Sorba Thomas, surely the one with league experience is preferable for a promotion push? Or we sign both! :) 
    Because a few articles call him a forward rather than a winger so some look at the stats and decide he’s an inexperienced striker who doesn’t score goals.

There will be a social media meltdown if he signs before the striker is announced.
    I think Smyth will be the Striker... Unless your talking about Thomas here?

Striker ? Another "striker" that doesn't score goals.

2017–Queens Park Rangers19(2)
    2019→ Accrington Stanley (loan)15(3)
    2019–2020→ Wycombe Wanderers (loan)19(1)

6 goals in 53 games in 3 years ?

Lets hope we can sign a proven striker, one that actually scores goals otherwise we'll be struggling to even get in the play offs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Nicholas said:
    Too many midfielders what are some of you on. Have you forgotten last season already.  
    Four CBs and Pratley seems ok to me considering we have a limit on squad size. Bring in an extra CB and we’d have to cut down in another position.
    agree - but 2 out with (semi) long term injuries and one a 17 year old kid
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Scoham said:
    Nicholas said:
    I wasn’t counting Barker in that - Innniss and Oshilaja are our right sided CBs and Famewo and Pearce our left sided ones.

Gunter expected to play most games so he’ll be covered by Barker or Oshilaja.

No one in our squad is injured long enough to justify signing cover for them that’ll leave us short elsewhere.
  • Options
  • Options

Too old. Where’s the long term thinking. They’d both just be blocking the progression of Morgan and Doughty. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Tangential question: If I get a basic ValleyPass subscription does it give me access to delayed extended highlights for every game? and how soon after the match are the highlights available? (NB: picture of no relevance and simply used to get someone's attention)

Very scary lips and eyebrows.
    I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting
    Inflatable lips and Troy Tempest eyebrows don't do it for me @Swisdom
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Nicholas said:
    I wasn’t counting Barker in that - Innniss and Oshilaja are our right sided CBs and Famewo and Pearce our left sided ones.

Gunter expected to play most games so he’ll be covered by Barker or Oshilaja.

No one in our squad is injured long enough to justify signing cover for them that’ll leave us short elsewhere.
    oh yeah - I had literally totally forgotten about that fella.......stand down !