Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Tangential question: If I get a basic ValleyPass subscription does it give me access to delayed extended highlights for every game? and how soon after the match are the highlights available? (NB: picture of no relevance and simply used to get someone's attention)

You succeeded you have my full attention !!!

Well it's a million percent (if such a thing existed) YES from me.

Good bloody grief who is she ? 
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking we can still sign players out of contract after today? If so we may still be have space in the squad and room on the budget for this. 
  • Options
    He got sent off against us in the 3-1 home win back in 2018, he was part of the Luton team that won League One that year. A solid signing if it comes off.
  • Options
    I understand the limitations but I thought we would adequately replace Bonne when he left. 

I think we got a good price for him but doesn’t look that smart now that we haven’t been able to spend it. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Some of your lot are mad. Talking about underwhelmed etc. 

1. We are a league one club with a salary cap.
    2. We have missed most of the transfer window due to ownership.
    3. There is not this pool of proven attacking talent out there we can just pick up and sign.

Anyone that comes in i'm happy with. Everyone improves under Bowyer.
    Yeah but I want us to sign Mo Eisa!!
    Who can't get a game at Peterborough....... 
  • Options
    Shinnie is the first one I'm not sure about, but Bowyer knows best I guess. I hope he doesn't have me missing Oztumer too much. If he can't pass a football then there are going to be some words 
  • Options
    Bowyer's always looking for more goals from midfield, so I'm not surprised there's still a push for attacking midfielders. If he's going to use Bogle as a focal point then getting in midfielders who can contribute a lot of goals could be just as significant as getting a decent striker in,
    He'd better change his tactics/coaching methods then as I've not seen his teams do anything else than pass when 15-25 yards from goal. None of pour players know how to shoot from any sort of distance. You can't expect them all to be rushing into the box............and if you do you'd better train them to do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He got sent off against us in the 3-1 home win back in 2018, he was part of the Luton team that won League One that year. A solid signing if it comes off.
     That's what I thought. Some absolute units in that Luton side.
  • Options
    Deadlines come and surely go
    Ownerships be shit or fine
    And no-one HERE will surely know
    If supa deals will cross that line.

T.Hank U
  • Options
    Shinnie seems a decent signing to me, we have a lot of midfielders but it's not like many of them have been performing particularly great recently. Main negative to me is that it seems like it's just going to be Albie out of complete contention yet again, but feel like Bowyer would probably do that even if we didn't get someone new in.
  • Options
    4 hours left, you never know in football 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Shinnie is the first one I'm not sure about, but Bowyer knows best I guess. I hope he doesn't have me missing Oztumer too much. If he can't pass a football then there are going to be some words 
    Had you heard of him before today?
  • Options
    Tangential question: If I get a basic ValleyPass subscription does it give me access to delayed extended highlights for every game? and how soon after the match are the highlights available? (NB: picture of no relevance and simply used to get someone's attention)

You succeeded you have my full attention !!!

Well it's a million percent (if such a thing existed) YES from me.

Good bloody grief who is she ? 
    Emily Ratajkowski
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    Having seen both play multiple times, Oztumer is a better player than Shinnie. 

I thought we shifted out Oz and Lapslie to make room for a much better player? 
    Better in what way though? Oztumer has one goal and (probably) no assists, albeit in the Champ with a stop start season. Not sure you can compare them looking at their pedigree so far, and experience
    I’m personally comparing their general play whilst I’ve seen them live. Oztumer stood out at this level and Shinnie didn’t. 

Fair enough it hasn’t worked out for Oztumer here, and Shinnie brings bags of experience - I just don’t see where he plays? 

I’m quite confident Oztumer will get more goals and assists for Bristol Rovers than Shinnie will for us. 

I’ve always been impressed by Shinnie, he was very good at Birmingham and for Luton in their title winning season. 

Ozzie isnt champ level and that was obvious, this is his level but isn’t what we need according to Bowyer. I’d of preferred to keep him but he isn’t in form and clearly Bowyer doesn’t see him in future plans. 

• Options
    If Bowyer and Gallen have a choice, an actual choice for once, of who we sign and let go, and they come up with a player like Shinnie, then for me it’s in bowyer we trust every time.

This is their job, they know what they’re doing, if Bowyer and Gallen think he’s better than Oz then it’s good enough for me, not saying people can’t voice their opinions, just trying to put a little perspective on it all.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    edit - oops, pwr
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For those questioning the Sorba Thomas valuation of around 500k (if true) then it's worth noting that Peterborough signed Jack Taylor from Barnet in January for 500k + add ons that could see the deal eventually worth 1m. 

So if this guy is one of the best non league talents, it's not crazy to think they'd want a similar fee.
  • Options
    Don't worry, Bows will soon untrain him to do that.....:)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    Some of your lot are mad. Talking about underwhelmed etc. 

1. We are a league one club with a salary cap.
    2. We have missed most of the transfer window due to ownership.
    3. There is not this pool of proven attacking talent out there we can just pick up and sign.

Anyone that comes in i'm happy with. Everyone improves under Bowyer.
    Back to that old chestnut again are we  ?

If that was the case we wouldn't be bringing in players & loaning out ours as the "new improved" Lapslie, Morgan, Dempsey & Davisson would be enough to get us promoted. 

Players can improve and still not  good enough for what LB wants or even a work in progress. 

Lapslie - has improved but maybe not good enough 
    Morgan - Bowyer seems to be working hard on him adding more to his game, if he does that he becomes a better player and Bowyer has improved
    Dempsey not sure
    Davisson - work in progress. 

I am pretty sure if it was not for the situation over last few seasons most of them would not have had as much football anyway. 
  • Options
    Two years ago we got Beliek & Cullen on loan from PL clubs, seems a little disappointing we're now getting loanees from Luton and QPR, just my opinion. I trust Bowyer and Gallen to get the best ones in.