Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So potentially no extras playing tomorrow... 

(Obviously someone could be signed but awaiting announcement) 
    No problem really. Didn't bother virtually everyone else on here when 2 weeks ago we didn't sign a striker before the Sunderland match and when some of us questioned it we said we had 2 weeks before our next match so calm down.

I do realise that we have signed Bogle since then but I see him as an Aneke "battering ram" type player rather than an out & out striker. Would really prefer a small, nippy poacher type above all else to complement the team.
  • Options

Would say that is done if RC has put it out. 

Attacking Midfielder. 

• Options
    Good player for the level, just don’t think it’s a position we need strengthening.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So potentially no extras playing tomorrow... 

(Obviously someone could be signed but awaiting announcement) 
    No problem really. Didn't bother virtually everyone else on here when 2 weeks ago we didn't sign a striker before the Sunderland match and when some of us questioned it we said we had 2 weeks before our next match so calm down.

I do realise that we have signed Bogle since then but I see him as an Aneke "battering ram" type player rather than an out & out striker. Would really prefer a small, nippy poacher type above all else to complement the team.
    and don’t forget someone will be along to say tomorrow is a free hit and the season starts Saturday week.
  • Options
    Another Midfielder - Really?
  • Options
    Good player for the level, just don’t think it’s a position we need strengthening.
    We just loaned out two midfielders so I'd disagree 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Is he not similar to Marcondes? I’m assuming that ones off. 
    I'd assumed that one was never even on
    Of course it bloody wasn't 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Is he not similar to Marcondes? I’m assuming that ones off. 
    I'd assumed that one was never even on
    Of course it was always unlikely, but I don’t think Kiwi would say it for nothing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would say that is done if RC has put it out. 

Attacking Midfielder. 

Jesus f**king Christ. How many more midfielders do we need. As I said yesterday, think the "team full of Kermorgants" will need a re-working soon
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I think we do. It appears Morgan is going out on loan at some point.  This leaves the below. 

Pratley 
    Watson
    Gilbey - Out to November
    Levitt
    JFC
    Williams
    Vennings

I would say given JFC and williams injury record. Levitt unknown we need someone else that that can be creative and a bit more forward thinking. 
  • Options
    I'm so confused with our business today, is Shinnie an upgrade on Oztumer?
  • Options
    From what I can see Shinnies contract run out at the end of June.
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    I've come to realise that when Cawley tweets the player's name, usually we're there or thereabouts. He doesn't scupper deals in that way, so I think we should expect this to happen.
    Cawley has a direct line to Bowyer and given we know Bowyer likes (or tries) to keep deals under the radar as best he can, i think if Cawley is tweeting something then we know it's either 100% true or a deal is near.

Having said that, Ransom tweeted it first, and he's also highly reliable, so if both are pushing it then it's obviously true.

I don't see how a non league side can turn down a 6 figure fee in the current climate. It could pay their wage bill for months.
    There also cant be that many league one clubs who will be paying out 6 figure fees in this current climate.
    £1,000.00 is six figures. 
  • Options
     :'(  :'(:'(  'so many midfielders' - proven league one quality
  • Options
    Just had a quick look at Shinnie's wiki page. I can now see why Bows wants him.

He was part of the Birmingham side that beat Millwall 4-0.

Something we can only dream of. 
  • Options
    I think so
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From Andrew Shinnie's Wikipedia page:

He returned to orchestrate a 4–0 win against Millwall when manager Lee Clark's change of formation allowed him to play in his preferred playmaker role.

Never mind anything else, sign him up pronto!!
  • Options
    As mentioned above, there appears to be no league one guaranteed goal scorers (who play up front), so could LB be thinking that if that's the case we're better off playing 4-2-3-1 with a battering ram up front (Bogle/Aneke) and three goal scoring attacking midfielders behind the lone striker.
  • Options

I don't know loads about Shinnie so hard to comment but I have not been impressed with Oztumer so without sounding harsh to Oz I think anyone would be unprage as it just has not worked for him here. 
  • Options
    Where is the striker!.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sounds like Deji's injured his plantar fascia.
    I did that. It’s a bugger. 
  • Options
    Would be happy with Shinnie. Decent player at this level.
  • Options
    If we only get Smyth in after that today I might be a bit concerned, unless we’re putting all of our faith in Bogle I can’t really see where the goals come from. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Shinnie, Smyth/Thomas and a PL loan striker with bags of pace/goals please (hard to come by but there must be one out there somewhere)